Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 08-29-2014, 10:33 PM   #1
dnjeldridge

Drives: 2013 Yellow 2SS/RS
Broke axle and Shattered rear end

I had my vert for about a year. I wash it after every drive. Bought a set of ramps to clean the undercarriage. I don't drive it in the rain, but I do drive it hard, because its 426hp with a 6 speed manual. I have 4000 miles on it (its like a brand new car) and my son talked me into taking it to the track to see what it would do. I tried launch control twice, then went with traction control off. At the line I dropped the axle and shattered the rear end. Chevrolet says its not under warranty. If your not supposed to race these at all, why do they put launch control in them? Its gonna cost over $3000 for me to get this fixed. Why do we have warranties? I understand I was rough on it, but that was 1 day down the track. I see Mustangs and Challengers going down the track all day long without breaking anything. Are they better quality? It's embarrassing loading up on a tow truck, with all the mustangs and challengers laughing. Thoughts, comments?

Last edited by dnjeldridge; 08-29-2014 at 10:45 PM.
dnjeldridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 10:40 PM   #2
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
To my understanding the ZL1 is the only one in the lineup that would be covered. Sorry to hear what happened but it is an opportunity to install some upgrades.

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:37 PM   #3
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Things happen. Shit breaks.....on all cars. But I will say this....if you beat on it, don't expect the dealer to warrant it. Granted, this was one day at the track and I feel for ya. Spend some more time at the track...you will see a lot of cars breaking....it happens. Good luck getting it fixed up.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:02 AM   #4
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
What you didn't see is what broke on those same Mustangs and Challengers last weekend. Many cars at the track have drive train upgrades to handle the level of abuse that takes place. If you plan on continuing with track days, I would suggest that you join the upgrade club.
TheHorse13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 07:12 AM   #5
camarosspower

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
You shouldn't use launch control at the track. Why did you tell them you were at the track?
camarosspower is offline   Reply With Quote