Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2012, 08:50 PM   #1
MAC69SS
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE IOM
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: CT
Posts: 7
Looking into 2SS 1LE, please help!

Hi all. Brand new to the forum and wondering if anyone can help. I am looking into a 2013 2SS 1LE with these options:
  • IOM, RS, Nav, NPP exhaust
Total MSRP is $43,970. I have GM preferred pricing that I know I can get the car for around $41,800 (including $500 consumer cash). I found a dealer out of state that has this car but am wondering:
  • Can I do better than $41,800??
  • Will I do better if I try and order the car brand new from a local dealer or just try to negotiate with dealer who already has the car?
  • What is a fair price? What is the best OTD price I should shoot for??
Thanks for any assistance!


Mike
MAC69SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:42 AM   #2
MAC69SS
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE IOM
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: CT
Posts: 7
No advice for the forum newb??
MAC69SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:48 AM   #3
Scott@Bjorn3D


 
Scott@Bjorn3D's Avatar
 
Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Eufaula, Alabama
Posts: 6,160
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
That is a good deal. The dealer only has a 1300.00 profit on these cars so with your discount from GM you are doing good there. I almost got a 1LE but it would be my daily driver and the tires could not hold up to the cold even in South East Alabama. My pricing was real close to the one you are posting and have Preferred Buyer status with my dealer.
__________________
2013 2SS, GM Strut Tower Brace, CAI Intake Black, VMAX TB, Elite Catch Can, Hotchkis Chassis Brace, Hurst Shifter, 3.91 1LE Complete Rear End, NPP, 1LE Track Pack,Factory Reproductions Style 41 ZL1 Fitment Wheels 10" on all 4 corners
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:54 AM   #4
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,922
Consider yourself very lucky if they let you use Preferred Pricing this early in the game. That's a good solid price...

And a great car too... Welcome to C5
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:56 AM   #5
supercharged zl1


 
supercharged zl1's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 camaro zl1 '08 daytona charger
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: san diego
Posts: 4,740
get the 2ss
supercharged zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:34 AM   #6
Scott@Bjorn3D


 
Scott@Bjorn3D's Avatar
 
Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Eufaula, Alabama
Posts: 6,160
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Mac just saw where you live, is this a daily driver? If so just get an SS. You can not drive the 1LE with stock tires below 40F and they can not get below 20F before they start cracking. I know a guy here in Alabama and he killed his 1LE tires this last week driving it in 32F weather. The tires came apart.
__________________
2013 2SS, GM Strut Tower Brace, CAI Intake Black, VMAX TB, Elite Catch Can, Hotchkis Chassis Brace, Hurst Shifter, 3.91 1LE Complete Rear End, NPP, 1LE Track Pack,Factory Reproductions Style 41 ZL1 Fitment Wheels 10" on all 4 corners
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:46 AM   #7
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Mac just saw where you live, is this a daily driver? If so just get an SS. You can not drive the 1LE with stock tires below 40F and they can not get below 20F before they start cracking. I know a guy here in Alabama and he killed his 1LE tires this last week driving it in 32F weather. The tires came apart.
I wouldn't base my decision on a consumable item. Tires can easily be swapped.
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:54 AM   #8
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775
 
FINALLYSATISFIED's Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1#206 (Sold) 6th Gen!?
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,417
There is also the $1000 private offer floating around that'll reduce it to $40,800. Good luck.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:04 AM   #9
coreyaustin17
NEC5 C-HOLE CHAMP
 
coreyaustin17's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 camaro 2SS/RS 1LE 1 of 221
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: MYSTIC CT
Posts: 563
i got my 2ss/rs 1le with nav moonroof for 41000 otd a little over 43k
coreyaustin17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:09 AM   #10
MAC69SS
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE IOM
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: CT
Posts: 7
Hey Scott thanks for the tip. Actually no, not planning for this to be every day driver. More of a summer car!

Mlee - I built the car through the gm family website using my company discount and printed out the quote for exact options above = $41,827.

My1stcamaro - yes I keep reading about the $1,000 offer. I have tried many times to get it, but somehow cannot. Do you or anyone have a fool proof way to get it???

Thanks!

Last edited by MAC69SS; 12-27-2012 at 09:29 AM.
MAC69SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:35 AM   #11
MAC69SS
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE IOM
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: CT
Posts: 7
Corey you are in Mystic? Did you buy your car in CT?? What was sticker??
MAC69SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:39 AM   #12
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC69SS View Post
Hey Scott thanks for the tip. Actually no, not planning for this to be every day driver. More of a summer car!

Mlee - I built the car through the gm family website using my company discount and printed out the quote for exact options above = $41,827.

My1stcamaro - yes I keep reading about the $1,000 offer. I have tried many times to get it, but somehow cannot. Do you or anyone have a fool proof way to get it???

Thanks!
The reason I bring it up is don't be surprised if the dealer won't take your printed quote. I qualify for this through my company and haven't been able to use it on brand new Camaro releases yet. Since the 1LE is just an option it may be different.
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:05 AM   #13
MAC69SS
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE IOM
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: CT
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
The reason I bring it up is don't be surprised if the dealer won't take your printed quote. I qualify for this through my company and haven't been able to use it on brand new Camaro releases yet. Since the 1LE is just an option it may be different.
Thanks for the heads up. I will see what happens!
MAC69SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:12 AM   #14
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC69SS View Post
Hi all. Brand new to the forum and wondering if anyone can help. I am looking into a 2013 2SS 1LE with these options:
  • IOM, RS, Nav, NPP exhaust
Total MSRP is $43,970. I have GM preferred pricing that I know I can get the car for around $41,800 (including $500 consumer cash). I found a dealer out of state that has this car but am wondering:
  • Can I do better than $41,800??
  • Will I do better if I try and order the car brand new from a local dealer or just try to negotiate with dealer who already has the car?
  • What is a fair price? What is the best OTD price I should shoot for??
Thanks for any assistance!


Mike

Welcome to Camaro5, Mike! We are glad that you are interested in joining the Camaro family. Please let us know when you get it!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:35 AM   #15
MAC69SS
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE IOM
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: CT
Posts: 7
Thanks all. Anyone here have luck with a private offer?? I cannot get it to show up!
MAC69SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #16
right to travel

 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Newport RI
Posts: 824
delete cookies go to chevy site click on camaro play around with other links (build your onw search inventory etc) f5 x 10 +/- 6 wash rinse repeat
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:41 PM   #17
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775
 
FINALLYSATISFIED's Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1#206 (Sold) 6th Gen!?
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC69SS View Post
Thanks all. Anyone here have luck with a private offer?? I cannot get it to show up!
PM me your name, last name address and email address if I get one ill fill in your info
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:28 PM   #18
Venom SS
Black BumbleBee!!!!
 
Venom SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Alpharetta GA
Posts: 646
I didnt know u could get 1LE's with moonroofs???
Seems weird for a track pakcage
__________________
Venom SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:46 PM   #19
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775
 
FINALLYSATISFIED's Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1#206 (Sold) 6th Gen!?
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom SS View Post
I didnt know u could get 1LE's with sunroofs???
Seems weird for a track pakcage
Fixed.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #20
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 5,492
That is a good price man, about the best you can expect. They arent having an issue selling these cars, so a couple grand is all you will get off the sticker
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:05 PM   #21
beany323

 
beany323's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2SS /RS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Southern Cali.
Posts: 1,291
figures, i just got a 1k offer in the mail. now they send it.. sheesh. never got the pop up to pop up. well.. at least i got 99% of my car i wanted. but shes mine! lol!
__________________
"The fact the GT500 can barely beat a $37k car with 200 less horsepower speaks volumes. There are about a million mods you can do to a LS3 to make a Camaro do the 1/4 faster then a GT500." (Vroom.)

Updated w/ Willow Springs:
1. Nissan GTR Track Pack 1:19.6 2. Ducati 1198 S 1:19.7 3. Nissan GTR 1:20.3 4. Corvette Z06 1:20.4
5. Audi R8 V10 Plus 1:22.0 6. Ferrari 458 Italia 1:22.3
7. CAMARO SS 1LE 1:22.7
8. Shelby GT 500 1:23.5
9. Mustang Gt Track Pack 1:25.8
beany323 is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
1le

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.