Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cam Motion
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 02-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #188
68 RS
68 RS

Drives: 1968 RS, 2010 SS2RS
Just keeping this current

June 15, 2013

Here are the details I have so far:

Edmonton Camaros will be meeting at the IKEA parking lot in Edmonton South Common at 8:00AM, leaving Edmonton 8:30AM.

Calgary Camaros will be meeting at the Davenport, 1530 Aviation Rd NE Calgary, leaving Calgary at 8:30AM.

Meet in Red Deer at the Costco/Staples parking lot - 162, 37400 Hwy 2 - 10:00AM - 10:30AM. Leave Red Deer at 11:00AM. Rocky Mountain House is about an hour away and this year we will be doing something completely different.

I know in the past that we have eaten at Boston Pizza in Rocky Mountain House. This year we have been offered something different. The Chevrolet dealership in Rocky Mountain House has watched us pull up every year with a great line of Camaros. They have contact myself and would like to use the cruise to promote the Camaro to their clients, on Facebook and try to get a few Camaro on display. Therefore, Edwards Chevrolet, www.edwardsgarage.com, has offered to cook burgers and hotdogs for our group at no charge. They will also have some door prizes for us and will use the event to promote the Camaro. I think this a great deal!

Rocky Mountain House to Sask. Crossing is about 190km from Rocky Mountain House. Some are heading north to Jasper, 155km.

For us that are headed to Jasper:

We have made arrangements with the Marmot Lodge in Jasper to have 25 rooms available at the Marmot Lodge for our cruise. www.mpljasper.com/hotels/marmot_lodge/ Each room will be $164 plus tax based on double occupancy (regular rate is $234 plus tax). These rooms will be available until 60 days prior to arrival (April 16th) in order for them to re-sell any unused rooms. Marmot Lodge also has 6 sister properties available if we sellout or need extra rooms. You can book rooms now, the phone # is 1-888-852-7737, Reference #523305.I have also tentatively booked Embers Restaurant for 8:00pm to have a group dinner. We have 2 options for this:

(A) We can have the Menu option, being that we are a large group this will likely take a long time.
(B) A BARBECUE PACKAGE - Salads and side dishes along with a choice of entrees including steak, fish, chicken or a vegetarian option. Assorted choice of desserts and coffee or tea. This option is $36.00 per person and everyone would have to agree in order to get this option. I know it is costly but I thought I would throw the option out there to see what people thought.

For those headed to Banff:

I am trying to get Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets to make us an offer but I have no details yet.

Sunday - June 16, 2013 - Father's Day – Here is one option, the Embers Restaurant will have a Brunch Buffet at $14.95/adult plus tax. It is right at the hotel. The other option is looking at something for Hinton, AB but I haven’t looked into that option yet.

As always, all Camaros are welcome!

I need someone to send out this information as a PM so that I can get some feedback and people can start booking their rooms.
68 RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:41 PM   #189
cheaplabor
It the toybox 4 winter

Drives: '11 hemi wrangler/2010 rs/2ss abm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robd View Post
Just putting this out there I'm going for a cruise tomorrow is anybody else interested?? Pm me if you are probably just a couple hr thing and maybe a burger?
I think I seen you Rollin, on the south side of okotoks headin west, happy cruisin
cheaplabor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:24 PM   #190
Robd
Robs SS

Drives: 2011 camaro ss synergy
That was us
[COLOR=lime]my kinda going green POWER 605 RWHP powered by maggie chrome tsv 2300 supercharger,ar long tube headers high flow cats b and b exhaust ,roto fab intake ,lingenfelter cam , upgraded sc reservoir ,Comp cams
performance valve springs, Comp cams Titanium retainers,Heavy duty valve locks,MSD ignition wires, Kool Sox heat resistant heat sleeves , Larger fuel injectors, high flow fuel rails,American racing rims ,hurst short throw shifter,led footwell and grille lighting,pfadt suspension upgrades
Robd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:12 PM   #191
cheaplabor
It the toybox 4 winter

Drives: '11 hemi wrangler/2010 rs/2ss abm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robd View Post
That was us
Cool, I noticed the wheels, nice warm day for a tour, we had the lids off our jeep yesterday
cheaplabor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #192
NFRNOSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/2SS LS3 IOM
I drove around town running errands. Was nice to have my own wheels again!
NFRNOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:05 PM   #193
FitterMike

Drives: Camaro
got my wheels on today ready for the cruise.
Forgestar F14 22x9.5 and 22x10.5, Falken 452 Tires 255/30/22 and 295/25/22
Pioneer Stage 4 Sub, Pioneer Stage 4 Components, Pioneer PRS 2 Channel ICE Amps x3
Magnuson TVS2300, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers, Roto-Fab Intake
Follow me on Instagram @LoWestPhotography
Tuned and Built by Davenport Motorsports.
FitterMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #194
mjrracing97
Bumblebee1961

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Transformers Edition
Send a message via Skype™ to mjrracing97
Booked and BBQ for Roy and Evie from Whitecourt, they will join with the Edmonton group!

Mods: SLP Blackwing Cold-Air Induction and Loud Mouth 2 axle back exhaust. ZL1 side skirts with carbon fibre wrap.
mjrracing97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:14 AM   #195
NFRNOSS

Can we get the main info put in the first post? Or is there a new thread somewhere? Also, can we get a head count so far? I'm hoping to book this coming week!
Old 02-20-2013, 09:52 AM   #196
Meltdownaverted
I sell Camaro's

Drives: traded 11 2SS RS SGM for 13 SS 1LE
I'm sure we can put the info in the first post, as per making a head count I think it's hard to do with this cruise, so many different generations and different clubs come together for it I do believe there was 27 cars the first year (please someone correct me if I'm wrong) an last year we can pretty close to 50....I'm sure we'll have a good turnout again
Old 02-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #197
NFRNOSS

Wow awesome
Old 02-20-2013, 07:29 PM   #198
68 RS
68 RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRNOSS View Post
Can we get the main info put in the first post? Or is there a new thread somewhere? Also, can we get a head count so far? I'm hoping to book this coming week!
I keep the most current information on the current page, so that people don't have to flip back and forth, but I can also change it on the first post, as well.

Once I have a few more details, I will create a new Thread with all the current information and a list of confirmations and a tally on the head count, as our sponsors want a link so that they can promote the event as well.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:00 PM   #199
NFRNOSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 RS View Post
I keep the most current information on the current page, so that people don't have to flip back and forth, but I can also change it on the first post, as well.

Once I have a few more details, I will create a new Thread with all the current information and a list of confirmations and a tally on the head count, as our sponsors want a link so that they can promote the event as well.
Perfect. Thanks!
Old 02-20-2013, 11:55 PM   #200
BLT4SPD2011

Drives: 2015 ZL1 CONVERTABLE
all booked for Jasper today. My vote for the bbq.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:11 AM   #201
Tyler H
XLR8TNG

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Gonna try to move a few things around and come join the fun!! First cruze for my 13 ZL1. Hope she's broken in by the time the event comes! Sounds like a ton of fun!
Tyler H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:56 PM   #202
68 RS
68 RS

Just keeping this current

June 15, 2013

Here are the details I have so far:

Edmonton Camaros will be meeting at the IKEA parking lot in Edmonton South Common at 8:00AM, leaving Edmonton 8:30AM.

Calgary Camaros will be meeting at the Davenport, 1530 Aviation Rd NE Calgary, leaving Calgary at 8:30AM.

Meet in Red Deer at the Costco/Staples parking lot - 162, 37400 Hwy 2 - 10:00AM - 10:30AM. Leave Red Deer at 11:00AM. Rocky Mountain House is about an hour away and this year we will be doing something completely different.

I know in the past that we have eaten at Boston Pizza in Rocky Mountain House. This year we have been offered something different. The Chevrolet dealership in Rocky Mountain House has watched us pull up every year with a great line of Camaros. They have contact myself and would like to use the cruise to promote the Camaro to their clients, on Facebook and try to get a few Camaro on display. Therefore, Edwards Chevrolet, www.edwardsgarage.com, has offered to cook burgers and hotdogs for our group at no charge. They will also have some door prizes for us and will use the event to promote the Camaro. I think this a great deal!

Rocky Mountain House to Sask. Crossing is about 190km from Rocky Mountain House. Some are heading north to Jasper, 155km.

For us that are headed to Jasper:

We have made arrangements with the Marmot Lodge in Jasper to have 25 rooms available at the Marmot Lodge for our cruise. www.mpljasper.com/hotels/marmot_lodge/ Each room will be $164 plus tax based on double occupancy (regular rate is $234 plus tax). These rooms will be available until 60 days prior to arrival (April 16th) in order for them to re-sell any unused rooms. Marmot Lodge also has 6 sister properties available if we sellout or need extra rooms. You can book rooms now, the phone # is 1-888-852-7737, Reference #523305.I have also tentatively booked Embers Restaurant for 8:00pm to have a group dinner. We have 2 options for this:

(A) We can have the Menu option, being that we are a large group this will likely take a long time.
(B) A BARBECUE PACKAGE - Salads and side dishes along with a choice of entrees including steak, fish, chicken or a vegetarian option. Assorted choice of desserts and coffee or tea. This option is $36.00 per person and everyone would have to agree in order to get this option. I know it is costly but I thought I would throw the option out there to see what people thought.

For those headed to Banff:

I am trying to get Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets to make us an offer but I have no details yet.

Sunday - June 16, 2013 - Father's Day – Here is one option, the Embers Restaurant will have a Brunch Buffet at $14.95/adult plus tax. It is right at the hotel. The other option is looking at something for Hinton, AB but I haven’t looked into that option yet.

As always, all "Camaros" are welcome! (as I heard someone wanted to bring a Ford, really?)

People can start booking their rooms.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:04 PM   #203
Kennedy SS

Drives: 2013 ZL1, Victory red
Alberta cruise, can't wait.

Can't wait to go! First road trip since trading rides. Likely in for Jasper, bbq sounds awesome. Anyone coming from somewhere east of Edmonton?
Kennedy SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:15 PM   #204
mjrracing97
Bumblebee1961

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Transformers Edition
Send a message via Skype™ to mjrracing97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy SS View Post
Can't wait to go! First road trip since trading rides. Likely in for Jasper, bbq sounds awesome. Anyone coming from somewhere east of Edmonton?
Welcome and congratulations on the Permagrin . The wife and I will be coming in from Czar. It will give you some one to head back with at least until we hit Edmonton, I have no doubt the wife will want to stop to shop. cause them's the .

Mods: SLP Blackwing Cold-Air Induction and Loud Mouth 2 axle back exhaust. ZL1 side skirts with carbon fibre wrap.
mjrracing97 is offline   Reply With Quote