Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #171
Rhyder


 
Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: atlanta
Posts: 2,491
SO 49ers give up Alex to KC for a 2nd round pick? Thats just crazy....that might be the steal of the year already....especially if reed does that mojo thing he does with QB's...they seem to flourish under him, then go elsewhere and fall apart.....

I cant believe Buffalo couldn't come up with a better deal......what a missed opportunity there....
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:36 PM   #172
PoorMansCamaro



 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 55,212
i honestly can't see alex smith doing much in KC. still last in the division next year.
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:48 PM   #173
Rhyder


 
Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: atlanta
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
i honestly can't see alex smith doing much in KC. still last in the division next year.
the number 1 reason that KC lost so many games last year was Cassel, he had 19 turnovers in one 9 game stretch, most QB's don't have near that many all year. They lost 3 games that I remember because he turned it over on the final drive in the red zone. Turning the ball over is something Alex just doesnt do

KC has a great running game and their secondary is pretty solid, if they don't have to stay on the field 90% of the time.

Im not a KC fan, but this move is huge, if they can tweak the defensive line a bit now, they will once again be a team to reckon with in my opinion.
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:00 PM   #174
atma
disco kryptonite
 
atma's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Champaign
Posts: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
the number 1 reason that KC lost so many games last year was Cassel, he had 19 turnovers in one 9 game stretch, most QB's don't have near that many all year. They lost 3 games that I remember because he turned it over on the final drive in the red zone. Turning the ball over is something Alex just doesnt do

KC has a great running game and their secondary is pretty solid, if they don't have to stay on the field 90% of the time.

Im not a KC fan, but this move is huge, if they can tweak the defensive line a bit now, they will once again be a team to reckon with in my opinion.
agreed. it also works out for them b/c in a QB poor draft, they can now concern themselves with Reid's draft day MO, which is to draft linemen early and fill in needs as the draft goes on. Smith will do well under Reid, as QBs seem to do and the Chiefs will be improved next year (although I'm thinking they'll be mediocre rather than terrible)
__________________
atma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:07 PM   #175
Rhyder


 
Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: atlanta
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by atma View Post
agreed. it also works out for them b/c in a QB poor draft, they can now concern themselves with Reid's draft day MO, which is to draft linemen early and fill in needs as the draft goes on. Smith will do well under Reid, as QBs seem to do and the Chiefs will be improved next year (although I'm thinking they'll be mediocre rather than terrible)
Theres alot of good OL and OT free agents this year to, a crazy amount... I'm not sure what the cap is with KC but this is a crazy good move......


I hope the falcons pick up some of these good DE and DL free agents out there and can draft one of the good LB's coming out htis year in the draft...we will be pretty solid in the holes we had last season.......
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:05 PM   #176
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime
 
Steve Dallas's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06/Z07, AudiQ53.0T
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Camano Island, WA
Posts: 9,012
Russell Wilson + Porn Music. Sexy!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/seattle-se...-the-deep-ball
__________________
'16 Corvette Z06/Z07, '13 Audi Q5 S-Line 3.0T
I fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar. Tires spitting gravel I commit my weekly crime.
Steve Dallas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #177
Rhyder


 
Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: atlanta
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
I think Mr Dallas has a man crush on Russell Wilson........
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:17 PM   #178
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime
 
Steve Dallas's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06/Z07, AudiQ53.0T
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Camano Island, WA
Posts: 9,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
I think Mr Dallas has a man crush on Russell Wilson........
I think most of Seattle feels that way
__________________
'16 Corvette Z06/Z07, '13 Audi Q5 S-Line 3.0T
I fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar. Tires spitting gravel I commit my weekly crime.
Steve Dallas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #179
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime
 
Steve Dallas's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06/Z07, AudiQ53.0T
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Camano Island, WA
Posts: 9,012
Nice interview with Darrelle Revis.

__________________
'16 Corvette Z06/Z07, '13 Audi Q5 S-Line 3.0T
I fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar. Tires spitting gravel I commit my weekly crime.
Steve Dallas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:01 PM   #180
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime
 
Steve Dallas's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06/Z07, AudiQ53.0T
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Camano Island, WA
Posts: 9,012
Part 2

__________________
'16 Corvette Z06/Z07, '13 Audi Q5 S-Line 3.0T
I fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar. Tires spitting gravel I commit my weekly crime.
Steve Dallas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:43 AM   #181
PoorMansCamaro



 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 55,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
I think most of Seattle feels that way
wonder how many rookie qb's last year will have a sophmore slump
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #182
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime
 
Steve Dallas's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06/Z07, AudiQ53.0T
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Camano Island, WA
Posts: 9,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
wonder how many rookie qb's last year will have a sophmore slump
It'll be interesting to see. We'll relly have to wait until next year to see for sure. The question has been asked, though...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...ophomore-slump
__________________
'16 Corvette Z06/Z07, '13 Audi Q5 S-Line 3.0T
I fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar. Tires spitting gravel I commit my weekly crime.
Steve Dallas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:43 AM   #183
PoorMansCamaro



 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 55,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
It'll be interesting to see. We'll relly have to wait until next year to see for sure. The question has been asked, though...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...ophomore-slump
so many starting rookies last year, I wonder if one day, some of them will be iconic, like the jim kelly, dan marino, john elway days.
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:45 AM   #184
PoorMansCamaro



 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 55,212
Luck, Tannehill, Wilson.
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:54 AM   #185
mlee
Charter Circle Member
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 27,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Luck, Tannehill, Wilson.
Wut... Wait... PMC again???
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #186
PoorMansCamaro



 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 55,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Wut... Wait... PMC again???
haha, yeah! back from the dead!

sold the SS, so aSSian didn't make sense anymore.
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:49 PM   #187
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime
 
Steve Dallas's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06/Z07, AudiQ53.0T
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Camano Island, WA
Posts: 9,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
haha, yeah! back from the dead!

sold the SS, so aSSian didn't make sense anymore.
I still do a double take - haven't fully tied the two names together 100% of the time, lol...
__________________
'16 Corvette Z06/Z07, '13 Audi Q5 S-Line 3.0T
I fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar. Tires spitting gravel I commit my weekly crime.
Steve Dallas is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
tic toc pats lose, waaaaa waaaaaa

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.