Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2013, 08:55 PM   #29
mikeSS


 
mikeSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 c7
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 7,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
One Man wins over another Man because he has two expensive cars?

Ha, I say drop the pants and count the lipstick marks, let's see who's actually "WINNING"!
to be honest i would say the man with the two M cars . money talks
__________________
2010 camaro cammed- sold
2015 C7 Z51- current
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:09 PM   #30
CrystalRedTintcoat


 
CrystalRedTintcoat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bay Area, online, & in my 1LE
Posts: 2,497
Regardless what car you drive ... Do you get excited to drive your car each and every time? I was always excited to drive my S4. It brought loads of happiness.

I'm glad I'm feeling the same way about my 1LE minus hill assist and skip shift.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:25 PM   #31
oldfriend


 
Drives: Fiat 500 E
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 32.7607/N. 16.95947/W
Posts: 7,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumWhite1LE View Post
So....... I have a regular customer that just bought a 2013 M5 & M6 BMW's about a month ago. He comes in today to have some work done to them and he instantly starts talking about the Car and Driver Lighting lap and how well they did. I sorta chuckled and took him outside and then introduced him to my 1LE. Then I pulled up the lap times on the internet and showed him where his cars ranked against my SS that cost 1/4 of what each of his did. He just stood there with a dumbfounded look on his face.... WINNING!!! Im now sitting at home laughing about it. Just thought I would share my story...

Camaro SS 1LE 3.01.5
BMW M6 3.04.7
BMW M5 3.05.2
Don't you ever tell your boss about that conversation with your customer .
One of two things will happen
1--- He will never be back at your shop for anything

2--- He will buy a Camaro , and will drive by to show it to you

3--- He may buy all what he needs to improve his Ms performance from you
Then ask you for a weekend at the race track .
In this case you will keep your job , but will leave you
With a bad taste in your mouth ( green soap )
So either way you loose .
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #32
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: Z06, GS or ZL1?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,780
I respect BMW's, however I find them steril and boring. They provoke no emotion or passion in me. Sorry. Go 1LE!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:48 PM   #33
SumWhite1LE
King of All
 
SumWhite1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Summit White Z28 #275
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
Don't you ever tell your boss about that conversation with your customer .
One of two things will happen
1--- He will never be back at your shop for anything

2--- He will buy a Camaro , and will drive by to show it to you

3--- He may buy all what he needs to improve his Ms performance from you
Then ask you for a weekend at the race track .
In this case you will keep your job , but will leave you
With a bad taste in your mouth ( green soap )
So either way you loose .
The only boss I have to answer to is married to me.

1--- I am the boss.. And trust me he will be back. I am considered a professional in my line of business.

2--- He has one. 69 camaro with an LS swap.. Pretty nice car, He Bought it, not built it.

3--- He is blown away that my measly 40k car can pretty much compete with all of his on a track.

Im ready for track day. I hope that I dont disappoint him to bad.

Yep, Sounds like i'm losing..
SumWhite1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:06 PM   #34
ec1990

 
Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I respect BMW's, however I find them steril and boring. They provoke no emotion or passion in me. Sorry. Go 1LE!
335i and M3 are the only one's I would consider. For a sedan the 335i is a pretty good buy overall, it costs a bit more than a CTS or A4 or Ford Fusion.

While I agree many BMW drivers own them for the badge, the fit and finish of the vehicle from my experience is pretty high and very quiet vehicles. The M3 just screams and is a pretty good track vehicle, the price is a bit high and hopefully rumors aren't true with it going to a V6 next model.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:12 AM   #35
lexlueger


 
lexlueger's Avatar
 
Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Charlotte NC /Brooklyn NY
Posts: 2,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumWhite1LE View Post
The only boss I have to answer to is married to me.

1--- I am the boss.. And trust me he will be back. I am considered a professional in my line of business.

2--- He has one. 69 camaro with an LS swap.. Pretty nice car, He Bought it, not built it.

3--- He is blown away that my measly 40k car can pretty much compete with all of his on a track.

Im ready for track day. I hope that I dont disappoint him to bad.

Yep, Sounds like i'm losing..
So 2 bench racers standing around pointing to numbers in a mag...I'll race you ..my overpriced M5 against your 1LE 1 mile run, name your price.
__________________
MAST 416 STROKER: STAGE 3 TVS 2300
CUSTOM CAM
TPIS 102 TB
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.


lexlueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:10 PM   #36
SumWhite1LE
King of All
 
SumWhite1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Summit White Z28 #275
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlueger View Post
So 2 bench racers standing around pointing to numbers in a mag...I'll race you ..my overpriced M5 against your 1LE 1 mile run, name your price.
Is that how long it takes for your turbo's to spool up?
If you were to bring that Overpriced Euro car out here, Im pretty sure you will beat me in the standing mile. But then again, Thats not where these 1LE's are at home at. Then we take it to another track out here that you might of heard of... Hallett?? Then we can take turns of who drags who's a** at Blah Blah track. Pretty sure you just showed how big your penis is...
SumWhite1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:34 PM   #37
Garret
 
Garret's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Victory Red
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bastrop Tx
Posts: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlueger View Post
So 2 bench racers standing around pointing to numbers in a mag...I'll race you ..my overpriced M5 against your 1LE 1 mile run, name your price.
Thats what I was going to say, when your alkintg about a 3 second gap with a 'professional' driver that can be easily closed once you let the general public race each other. haha

Also, whats an SS time on one of those tracks? I'm curious cause apart from looks a 1LE doesn't seems much different, I can see where GM would charge 3500 just for the appearances wheels that were more then that alone, a black hood - which older uninformed people may see as a unpainted hood most notably seen on rust buckets, black spoiler and ZL1 exhast.... EDIT: forgot het chin spoiler and suede steering wheel very performance oriented

I don't hate BMW but that fact that their fastest model doesnt look much different from their cheap sedan doesnt particularly appeal to me. That is why I got a camaro and not a BMW
Garret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:47 PM   #38
brl45th
 
Drives: 45th Anniversary SS Conv't
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garret View Post
Thats what I was going to say, when your alkintg about a 3 second gap with a 'professional' driver that can be easily closed once you let the general public race each other. haha

Also, whats an SS time on one of those tracks? I'm curious cause apart from looks a 1LE doesn't seems much different, I can see where GM would charge 3500 just for the appearances wheels that were more then that alone, a black hood - which older uninformed people may see as a unpainted hood most notably seen on rust buckets, black spoiler and ZL1 exhast.... EDIT: forgot het chin spoiler and suede steering wheel very performance oriented

I don't hate BMW but that fact that their fastest model doesnt look much different from their cheap sedan doesnt particularly appeal to me. That is why I got a camaro and not a BMW
Read the article the other day but forget the actual number...but the stock SS was right there with them all.
brl45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #39
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: Z06, GS or ZL1?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumWhite1LE View Post
Is that how long it takes for your turbo's to spool up?
If you were to bring that Overpriced Euro car out here, Im pretty sure you will beat me in the standing mile. But then again, Thats not where these 1LE's are at home at. Then we take it to another track out here that you might of heard of... Hallett?? Then we can take turns of who drags who's a** at Blah Blah track. Pretty sure you just showed how big your penis is...

Now that right there's pretty funny.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #40
lexlueger


 
lexlueger's Avatar
 
Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Charlotte NC /Brooklyn NY
Posts: 2,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumWhite1LE View Post
Is that how long it takes for your turbo's to spool up?
If you were to bring that Overpriced Euro car out here, Im pretty sure you will beat me in the standing mile. But then again, Thats not where these 1LE's are at home at. Then we take it to another track out here that you might of heard of... Hallett?? Then we can take turns of who drags who's a** at Blah Blah track. Pretty sure you just showed how big your penis is...
Turbo? What turbo? All motor V10. 0 -60 you lose. 0 - 100 you lose. 0 -200 well...you can't hit 200. What's with you and penis's? . Purpose built BMW track car M3 gts vs 1L3. Learn more about cars and less about penis's.
__________________
MAST 416 STROKER: STAGE 3 TVS 2300
CUSTOM CAM
TPIS 102 TB
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.


lexlueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:57 PM   #41
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: Z06, GS or ZL1?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,780
Someone touched a nerve. We get it V10 yadda, yadda. Sorry, but it still looks like a family car.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:58 PM   #42
lexlueger


 
lexlueger's Avatar
 
Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Charlotte NC /Brooklyn NY
Posts: 2,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Someone touched a nerve. We get it V10 yadda, yadda. Sorry, but it still looks like a family car.
It is a family car...
__________________
MAST 416 STROKER: STAGE 3 TVS 2300
CUSTOM CAM
TPIS 102 TB
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.


lexlueger is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.