Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #15
NEVRL8
 
NEVRL8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Victory Red 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: TX
Posts: 308
I also decided to try this out after seeing this post. I did it on my Vette I had but forgot about this mod when I bought the Camaro. I'm bout to go for a drive I'll report back what I think about this mod shortly.
NEVRL8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:02 PM   #16
shawn18
OWTATIME
 
shawn18's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 CaRaMo & Oranch ZL1
Join Date: May 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,950
My son and I did it today......Love it!
__________________
shawn18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:07 PM   #17
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775
 
FINALLYSATISFIED's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn18 View Post
My son and I did it today......Love it!


You know, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have a BRM 1LE. I saw your car and then my mind changed from a SW to a BRM.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #18
shawn18
OWTATIME
 
shawn18's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 CaRaMo & Oranch ZL1
Join Date: May 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post


You know, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have a BRM 1LE. I saw your car and then my mind changed from a SW to a BRM.
Glad I could help,,LoL .... I love this color
__________________
shawn18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:30 PM   #19
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775
 
FINALLYSATISFIED's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn18 View Post
Glad I could help,,LoL .... I love this color
Yeah it's growing on me, lol. Can't wait til spring/summer. Sunlight really captures it.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #20
shawn18
OWTATIME
 
shawn18's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 CaRaMo & Oranch ZL1
Join Date: May 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
Yeah it's growing on me, lol. Can't wait til spring/summer. Sunlight really captures it.
Yep....It looks pretty cool in the sunlight.
__________________
shawn18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:33 PM   #21
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775
 
FINALLYSATISFIED's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVRL8 View Post
I also decided to try this out after seeing this post. I did it on my Vette I had but forgot about this mod when I bought the Camaro. I'm bout to go for a drive I'll report back what I think about this mod shortly.
Let us know!
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #22
NEVRL8
 
NEVRL8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Victory Red 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: TX
Posts: 308
OK, just got back from a drive after the fuse pull. Definately sounds better when accelerating, might seem to accelerate a little smoother also. No drone in sixth gear at 70 even when going up or down hills at speed. Kinda reminds me of my Corsa cat back on my Challenger. It sounds good all the time but really screams when you put your foot in it, but it's never too loud. Also before the fuse pull when you would rev the throttle in nuetral or reving it with the clutch in it would seem to get quieter. I assume because the vacum was closing the valves at certain rpm. Now you can rev and it sounds amazing. My vette had drone on the highway at speed after this mod, The Camaro doesn't so far. MUST DO MOD!! Thanks for reminding me MY1STCAMARO!

Last edited by NEVRL8; 01-05-2013 at 06:47 PM.
NEVRL8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:09 PM   #23
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775
 
FINALLYSATISFIED's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVRL8 View Post
OK, just got back from a drive after the fuse pull. Definately sounds better when accelerating, might seem to accelerate a little smoother also. No drone in sixth gear at 70 even when going up or down hills at speed. Kinda reminds me of my Corsa cat back on my Challenger. It sounds good all the time but really screams when you put your foot in it, but it's never too loud. Also before the fuse pull when you would rev the throttle in nuetral or reving it with the clutch in it would seem to get quieter. I assume because the vacum was closing the valves at certain rpm. Now you can rev and it sounds amazing. My vette had drone on the highway at speed after this mod, The Camaro doesn't so far. MUST DO MOD!! Thanks for reminding me MY1STCAMARO!
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #24
Mouse6.2
 
Mouse6.2's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6 NPP
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 340
I'll have to accomplish this mod tomorrow. Been raining all day today here in eastern NC.
Mouse6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #25
BigBlock69RS
Ed
 
BigBlock69RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROD_SS View Post
Just did this mod after I read youe thread.
Same, very useful thread. Thanks!
__________________
BigBlock69RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #26
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775
 
FINALLYSATISFIED's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse6.2 View Post
I'll have to accomplish this mod tomorrow. Been raining all day today here in eastern NC.
Lets us know how that goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlock69RS View Post
Same, very useful thread. Thanks!
Glad I can help!
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:29 AM   #27
Scott@Bjorn3D


 
Scott@Bjorn3D's Avatar
 
Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Eufaula, Alabama
Posts: 6,360
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
Ok there seems to be some slight confusion as to what fuse to pull for the NPP exhaust modification. My intention is to clear up any confusion. I didn't take alot of pictures but I will take some more tomorrow and update certain areas to make this as painful as possible for those that will be attempting to do this. Install literally took 15mins and thats including fastening the cargo net plastic pieces. The vehicle used was a 2013 2SS/RS 1LE. For those wondering about pulling an engine code, you should not worry. I have not pulled a code thus far and haven't heard of anyone doing so. You only have to pull the fuse, do not pull the relay. This is only for the 2013 Camaro equipped with the NPP (Dual-mode exhaust).

Install/Uninstall Estimate:
10-15mins or less

Tools
Flashlight (if neccessary)
Fuse puller (if neccessary)

Location:
Fuse box is located in the trunk on the right side (passenger) behind the carpet panel. The fuse box is located behind the red square.
Attachment 458550



If needed there is a fuse puller located in the fuse box which is located underneath the hood. The fuse box is outlined in red.
Attachment 458265

1. Unfasten (1) flat black plastic revit
Attachment 458546
Attachment 458250

2. Unfasten (6) black plastic cargo net screws
Attachment 458547
Attachment 458251

3. Simply pull back the carpet to access the fuse box located in the trunk on the passenger side. Use a flash light if too dark.
Attachment 458269

4. Open the fuse box and locate F8. It should read "EXH FLAP" 10a. Pull the fuse with the fuse puller(located underneath the hood on the left side) if needed.
Attachment 458253

5. Now simply repeat steps 1-4 in reverse order to put everything back together. If you want to go back to stock, simply put the F8 fuse back in.

6. With the F8 fuse being pulled now the exhaust flaps will stay open, at any RPM and/or gear. You'll now witness the sound of god at any given time.

I hope this clears up some confusion on what to do and which fuse to pull. Any questions please feel free to ask, I can try and help the best way I can. Keep in mind also your stock 2013 Camaro with NPP, the exhaust flaps will stay open at idle/start up. This mod is only makes the flaps stay open all the time.
Your forgot the top carpet rivet, I found that when put the carpet back in. Thank goodness I did not tear my carpet taking it out.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:32 AM   #28
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775
 
FINALLYSATISFIED's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Your forgot the top carpet rivet, I found that when put the carpet back in. Thank goodness I did not tear my carpet taking it out.
I'll update this, its been rainy the past couple of days! Thanks.

Last edited by FINALLYSATISFIED; 01-16-2013 at 04:56 PM.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.