Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 01-06-2013, 03:25 PM   #1
l008com

Drives: 2013 1LT Crystal Red/Beige Manual
Ordering Up a New Camaro

It's been 3 years since I had a dealership order a new Camaro. It didn't go so well back then. How are things going these days? If I ordered one say this month, any ideas how long it might take to arrive?

And how do incentives work? It's been a while since I've been in the business. I know the fine print always says that you need to take delivery of dealer stock, but really a dealership can just as easily give me all the incentives on a car they customer ordered, right?

Does anyone know if the current lease rates are 'standard' or if they are part of a special incentive? It's always hard to find details about leases.

And no I haven't talked to a salesman yet, I'm still doing my homework first. I'm in no hurry to talk to a salesman.

Also, the car I want is an uncommon combination of options so I don't think I'll find it in stock anywhere: 1LT/RS/Manual/Moonroof/Crystal Red/Beige
l008com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by l008com View Post
It's been 3 years since I had a dealership order a new Camaro. It didn't go so well back then. How are things going these days? If I ordered one say this month, any ideas how long it might take to arrive?

And how do incentives work? It's been a while since I've been in the business. I know the fine print always says that you need to take delivery of dealer stock, but really a dealership can just as easily give me all the incentives on a car they customer ordered, right?

Does anyone know if the current lease rates are 'standard' or if they are part of a special incentive? It's always hard to find details about leases.

And no I haven't talked to a salesman yet, I'm still doing my homework first. I'm in no hurry to talk to a salesman.

Also, the car I want is an uncommon combination of options so I don't think I'll find it in stock anywhere: 1LT/RS/Manual/Moonroof/Crystal Red/Beige
It is great to see you in the market for a new Camaro. If you would like, I can try to locate one for you with the specifications you need. I just need your zip code.

I look forward to working with you.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:04 PM   #3
l008com

Drives: 2013 1LT Crystal Red/Beige Manual
I'm still trying to nail down the exact options I want based on price, I'll let you know. But if you could put me in the queue for a special offer, that would help
l008com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:25 PM   #4
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, family truckster
I ordered on 9/21/2012 and took delivery on Halloween. Far better than 2009 from May to September. Good luck! They are swinging mean deals right now.
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote