Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 12:57 PM   #18
camaro-21

Drives: 2011 cyber grey metallic camaro v6
looks like a gtm supercar
2011 camaro v6- sts turbo w/ meth injection, barton short throw, spec stage 3+ clutch, forgestar f-14 rims, Nitto invo tires, pfadt sway bars drop springs and end links, rx catch can, goodridge stainless steel brake lines, aac halos afterburner taillights and sidemarkers, sebon carbon rear diffuser.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:05 PM   #19
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Same thing when I brought my V6 in for the dyno after the SC install. They were just taking a Porsche GT3 with under 500 miles off the dyno to get another 75 HP with aftermarket changes to the FI. I kind of felt real small at that point
Old 01-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #20
SwitchBlade

Drives: 2010 1LT Camaro Silver Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro-21 View Post
Thanks, that lead enabled me find out it is a Mosler by looking up the GTM because I was thinking he said something starting with a "M". Also, sorry about the poor quality of pics, was using iPhone.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:58 PM   #21
blackTT600

Drives: 2011 2LT M6 SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro-21 View Post
its a Mosler http://www.moslerauto.com/
Old 01-09-2013, 03:46 PM   #22
DesertCamaro

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Nothing wrong with moving to a V8, we build those to 900-1000 hp plus where the most we have pushed the V6 is just under 700 and that was only on the dyno, not a build that would live on the street. Also, there are 22 RX SC builds on the road and with any build, people want more power with reliability are going to need to move to a V8 platform.

The nice thing is these are easy enough to swap to anyones wanting a bargain, and we will do it for a minimal price as well.

What we dont want to see is reigniting the hate crap here between the 2 as that accomplishes nothing. Both are good systems with happy campers, so I hope that is not your intent macrakie as there is no place for that here or anywhere.

This is an important concept to comprehend. Different strokes for different folks. Personally, I think the perfect streetable car would be a 450-500hp V6 car with the handling of a 1LE or ZL1, plus getting 30mpg? That's a no brainer.

The funnest car I've EVER driven was a Lotus Elise sporting a 4-banger
Old 01-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #23
Nutbutt

I agree with this assessment !
Old 01-09-2013, 05:12 PM   #24
Neuf Cruz

Drives: 2011 LS Black on Black 6speed
I just stated this on another thread as I am really close to pulling the trigger on a SC. But now with the recent switch overs, I am a little hesitant to take the leap. Very afraid of the "what do I do now?" after you get use to it kicks in!

Roto-Fab CAI-Ported Throttle Body-Black Ice Isolator-Flow Master Axle Back-RX-Catch Can-Hurst Short Throw Shifter-Trifecta Tune\Ghost Cam

Phantom Billet Grill-Billet Fuel Door-Side Gills-Headlight Armor Black Out Kit-Zenik Rims-Lowering Springs-MGP Caliper Covers-Dome\Trunk\Footwell Lighting.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:45 PM   #25
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
I don't see what the big deal is ppl are always trading and selling there cars for something different. I am glad they are sticking with the camaro. Also if it stop someone from modding their car that's just crazy. With two stepping away that means more should step up to the plate. Congrats guys on what you have done for the sc crowd. Just my two cent.

Sent from my iPad2 on space mountain
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
Old 01-09-2013, 07:00 PM   #26
Nutbutt

If your that concerned PM the people trading in. Most people here are pretty open about what they are doing and why. I don't have any issues with my kit, i love the performance, but believe me there are cars I would upgrade too in a flash. Hmmm can you say Porsche
Old 01-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #27
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Yes that is indeed a Mosler. Very light, very fast. The original (Consulier) was butt ugly though. This one (MT900) is super gorgeous in comparison.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:35 PM   #28
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuf Cruz View Post
I just stated this on another thread as I am really close to pulling the trigger on a SC. But now with the recent switch overs, I am a little hesitant to take the leap. Very afraid of the "what do I do now?" after you get use to it kicks in!
Don't be afraid. You will love the added power. I'm I am switching cuz I've had my car 3 years and want to move up to an SS and start over. It'a all worth the investment
Old 01-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #29
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuf Cruz View Post
Honestly, I don't think you should be afraid at all. I know many are bailing out but eventually you just move on. Everyone does it. I have a friend that built a turboed scion tc that was stupid fast. It would kill srt8s from a roll and could hang with gtrs and he eventually just moved on. He's now started building a boosted miata for road racing.

Personally, I know I would probably get bored after I'm "completely done" as well but just by what this car means to me, I'll be keeping this one. I hope to eventually put in a supercharger and buying a seperate v8 down the road.

Getting the 400 hp you can get out of these and still getting great gas mileage is a win win for me.

Click Picture for Build Thread
Old 01-09-2013, 10:27 PM   #30
Macrackie

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS Stripper model
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterv6 View Post
I don't see what the big deal is ppl are always trading and selling there cars for something different. I am glad they are sticking with the camaro. Also if it stop someone from modding their car that's just crazy. With two stepping away that means more should step up to the plate. Congrats guys on what you have done for the sc crowd. Just my two cent.

Sent from my iPad2 on space mountain
After an investment like this moving on takes on a new meaning in my eyes. Mainly because I dont have a large diposable income.

Trust me two moving on wont make me not upgrade my car but...I am starting to understand why. I have learned alot from others mistakes in life. I have also taught many by my own mistakes I am sure.

Not saying these two made mistakes that is not what I am saying here. They have not contacted me.

Interestingly enough I have have learned alot from the pm's I have received after starting this thread. As always you have to pay to play.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:58 PM   #31
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
OP, there's nothing wrong with trying to educate yourself by asking questions on a "forum" about a product you're interested in that costs 6k and adds a lot of new variables to your car. Good luck on your decision process.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:15 AM   #32
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6owner View Post
I love my kit. I beat SS's on the street and at the track. I broke 12's with a V6. I've accomplished alot. I've had my car 3 years. It's just time for me to move up to my first V8!
da fu** you too?!

lmao wowwwwwwww. Well first of hats to you, 12s in your v6 is awesome and congrats on the upgrade!!

I want to just put a v8 in my car but keep hearing it will cost more then upgrading blah blah blah but no one ever tells me real cost. I can get LS3 and tranny for about 5k. Now im sitting here trying to figure out what else I need.

My car means the world to me, I dont want to change cars, just want to change her heart

And as for the V6 vs V8. Honestly, our v6 is great, it makes good power with a SC or twin turbos but weve hit a wall with it in making big power with it and well I dont want to dump money into it to sit only at 400rwhp. If I could get 600 to the wheels safely, then I would keep it. But anyways always had plans to throw a V8 in it. I see poeple throwing all kinds of motors in the SS. Where theres a will, theres a way. Youll see a conversion from me in about a year or two
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
Old 01-10-2013, 07:30 AM   #33
Macrackie

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS Stripper model
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
da fu** you too?!

lmao wowwwwwwww. Well first of hats to you, 12s in your v6 is awesome and congrats on the upgrade!!

I want to just put a v8 in my car but keep hearing it will cost more then upgrading blah blah blah but no one ever tells me real cost. I can get LS3 and tranny for about 5k. Now im sitting here trying to figure out what else I need.

My car means the world to me, I dont want to change cars, just want to change her heart

And as for the V6 vs V8. Honestly, our v6 is great, it makes good power with a SC or twin turbos but weve hit a wall with it in making big power with it and well I dont want to dump money into it to sit only at 400rwhp. If I could get 600 to the wheels safely, then I would keep it. But anyways always had plans to throw a V8 in it. I see poeple throwing all kinds of motors in the SS. Where theres a will, theres a way. Youll see a conversion from me in about a year or two
I like the v8 swap idea. Should be an easy swap if you get all electronics. Biggest issue i see is making the dash function. Easy would be a relative term.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:52 AM   #34
el ess A
formerly &quot;el ess X&quot;

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Ah, I remember the days where you could swap a 6 for a 454 in just a few days. Much simpler back then.

Now, you almost have to swap the entire electronics along with it or do a bunch of modifications which you could accomplish just as well by trading in and buying the V8 version for at least around the same price or less.

But the mod bug is the mod bug, regardless of number of cylinders. Enjoy what you have.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774

Closed Thread