Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #15
Macrackie

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS Stripper model
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
I think he was just making an observation. Which seeing as he didn't state anything untrue is a valid one.
Yep made an observation...I could care less whos kit they had. sc1250 dont get all defensive about this. Just surprises me to see big money spent and then move on so quick. I dont want to be that guy as the little lady would kill me and kabosh my toys in a hurry. Just looking to educate myself before I do something I regret as I would not have the money to s/c my v6 and move on for what ever reason. I have a one time shot lile many at this.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:47 PM   #16
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
It all comeS down to what you want. I wanted a V6 since this is my almost daily driver. I have looked at upgrading, but the SS wouldn't be a good trade vs my V6 SC. I might have gone with the 1LE if it was available. But when I look at my RJT with a SC that can kick any stock SS I could trade for, it was an easy decision. And it was even easier when I go to the gas pumps. The car is what I want, now if that ZL1 came through for me.... Hey there is always something more ! For now I'm keeping my IPF, no reason to change, no regret
Old 01-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #17
SwitchBlade

Drives: 2010 1LT Camaro Silver Ice
I also think once someone gets bite by HP bug, a lot of times it leaves a virus that never goes away, always wanting more. For example, the shop I have my car at getting the Stage 3 Meth kit installed and some other work, has this perfectly good car and motor. I don't remember the name of the car (maybe someone can tell by the pics), but I sure it is fun to drive as is. However, the owner is having the engine pulled and custom built twin turbo setup installed. Why? Probably because of the HP bug.
Attached Images

Old 01-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #18
camaro-21

Drives: 2011 cyber grey metallic camaro v6
looks like a gtm supercar
2011 camaro v6- sts turbo w/ meth injection, barton short throw, spec stage 3+ clutch, forgestar f-14 rims, Nitto invo tires, pfadt sway bars drop springs and end links, rx catch can, goodridge stainless steel brake lines, aac halos afterburner taillights and sidemarkers, sebon carbon rear diffuser.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #19
Nutbutt

Same thing when I brought my V6 in for the dyno after the SC install. They were just taking a Porsche GT3 with under 500 miles off the dyno to get another 75 HP with aftermarket changes to the FI. I kind of felt real small at that point
Old 01-09-2013, 01:51 PM   #20
SwitchBlade

Drives: 2010 1LT Camaro Silver Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro-21 View Post
Thanks, that lead enabled me find out it is a Mosler by looking up the GTM because I was thinking he said something starting with a "M". Also, sorry about the poor quality of pics, was using iPhone.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #21
blackTT600

Drives: 2011 2LT M6 SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro-21 View Post
its a Mosler http://www.moslerauto.com/
Old 01-09-2013, 02:46 PM   #22
DesertCamaro

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Nothing wrong with moving to a V8, we build those to 900-1000 hp plus where the most we have pushed the V6 is just under 700 and that was only on the dyno, not a build that would live on the street. Also, there are 22 RX SC builds on the road and with any build, people want more power with reliability are going to need to move to a V8 platform.

The nice thing is these are easy enough to swap to anyones wanting a bargain, and we will do it for a minimal price as well.

What we dont want to see is reigniting the hate crap here between the 2 as that accomplishes nothing. Both are good systems with happy campers, so I hope that is not your intent macrakie as there is no place for that here or anywhere.

This is an important concept to comprehend. Different strokes for different folks. Personally, I think the perfect streetable car would be a 450-500hp V6 car with the handling of a 1LE or ZL1, plus getting 30mpg? That's a no brainer.

The funnest car I've EVER driven was a Lotus Elise sporting a 4-banger
Old 01-09-2013, 03:31 PM   #23
Nutbutt

I agree with this assessment !
Old 01-09-2013, 04:12 PM   #24
Neuf Cruz

Drives: 2011 LS Black on Black 6speed
I just stated this on another thread as I am really close to pulling the trigger on a SC. But now with the recent switch overs, I am a little hesitant to take the leap. Very afraid of the "what do I do now?" after you get use to it kicks in!

Roto-Fab CAI-Ported Throttle Body-Black Ice Isolator-Flow Master Axle Back-RX-Catch Can-Hurst Short Throw Shifter-Trifecta Tune\Ghost Cam

Phantom Billet Grill-Billet Fuel Door-Side Gills-Headlight Armor Black Out Kit-Zenik Rims-Lowering Springs-MGP Caliper Covers-Dome\Trunk\Footwell Lighting.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:45 PM   #25
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
I don't see what the big deal is ppl are always trading and selling there cars for something different. I am glad they are sticking with the camaro. Also if it stop someone from modding their car that's just crazy. With two stepping away that means more should step up to the plate. Congrats guys on what you have done for the sc crowd. Just my two cent.

Sent from my iPad2 on space mountain
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
Old 01-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #26
Nutbutt

If your that concerned PM the people trading in. Most people here are pretty open about what they are doing and why. I don't have any issues with my kit, i love the performance, but believe me there are cars I would upgrade too in a flash. Hmmm can you say Porsche
Old 01-09-2013, 06:25 PM   #27
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Yes that is indeed a Mosler. Very light, very fast. The original (Consulier) was butt ugly though. This one (MT900) is super gorgeous in comparison.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #28
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuf Cruz View Post
I just stated this on another thread as I am really close to pulling the trigger on a SC. But now with the recent switch overs, I am a little hesitant to take the leap. Very afraid of the "what do I do now?" after you get use to it kicks in!
Don't be afraid. You will love the added power. I'm I am switching cuz I've had my car 3 years and want to move up to an SS and start over. It'a all worth the investment

Closed Thread