Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2015, 11:00 AM   #1
CJandtheSS
 
CJandtheSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Victory Red Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Redwood City, CA
Posts: 58
9 killed in Charleston church shooting; suspect in custody

Some pretty horrific stuff... Here's a link....


http://news.yahoo.com/charleston-chu...103930165.html

My prayers go out to the families effected...
__________________
2012 Victory Red 2SS/RS: Cold Air Inductions CAI, Long Tubes, HF Cats. Corsa Catback, Hurst Short Thorw, Dyno Tune, Matte Bronze TSW Nurburgrings, Factory High Wing, Afterburners/Illuminated Rear Bow-Tie, and 275/315 Nittos. 420HP 421TQ
CJandtheSS is offline  
Old 06-18-2015, 11:08 AM   #2
Airway Monkey
 
Airway Monkey's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 2SS/1LE
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: SC
Posts: 75
You never think it could happen in your hometown....but then it does. I know this city will stay strong through this tragic event.

See ya on the road,
Matt
Airway Monkey is offline  
Old 06-18-2015, 11:20 AM   #3
Bizaro
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Westchester NY
Posts: 1,415
this is why you have to be armed at ALL TIMES.
Bizaro is offline  
Old 06-18-2015, 12:33 PM   #4
45thAnniversary2SS


 
45thAnniversary2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 2,695
The shooter was caught a short time ago in Shelby, NC heading for the mountains.

Was a 21 year old kid from Lexington, SC.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/18/us/cha...ing/index.html

"A senior law enforcement source told CNN the suspect's father had recently bought him a .45-caliber gun for his 21st birthday. "

Thoughts are with the families.
__________________
45thAnniversary2SS is offline  
Old 06-18-2015, 03:38 PM   #5
Jus1dab


 
Jus1dab's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 4,963
This is very disturbing. Prayers go out the victims and their families.
__________________
Jus1dab is offline  
Old 06-19-2015, 01:09 PM   #6
detamble13
 
detamble13's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chatham, ON
Posts: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizaro View Post
this is why you have to be armed at ALL TIMES.
The Confederate flag still flies in front of the state capital

The state is home to 19 hate groups, including active Ku Klux Klan chapters. It is also one of only five states that have no hate crimes law

I don't think a lack of guns is the problem.
detamble13 is offline  
Old 06-19-2015, 01:47 PM   #7
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"
 
hrpiii's Avatar
 
Drives: CGM w/Black stripes
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Indy
Posts: 5,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by detamble13 View Post
The Confederate flag still flies in front of the state capital

The state is home to 19 hate groups, including active Ku Klux Klan chapters. It is also one of only five states that have no hate crimes law

I don't think a lack of guns is the problem.
uh, there are hate groups all over the world, and pretty sure there are more than that in some states. Also, in the south, I'm pretty sure there are very active KKK chapters. Being from NC, I am very aware of this. Is it right, NO, but it's real. I know in the city that was near me, when I lived there, big billboard as you entered that city "Home of the Grand Dragon". It's not there now, but the chapter still is.

It's horrible that violence like this happens, and continues to happen in this great country.
__________________
Pfadt Suspension, SLPTVS2300, GFORCE Driveshaft & HalfShafts, Kooks with cutouts and other fun things.
hrpiii is offline  
Old 06-19-2015, 02:31 PM   #8
detamble13
 
detamble13's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chatham, ON
Posts: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
uh, there are hate groups all over the world, and pretty sure there are more than that in some states. Also, in the south, I'm pretty sure there are very active KKK chapters. Being from NC, I am very aware of this. Is it right, NO, but it's real. I know in the city that was near me, when I lived there, big billboard as you entered that city "Home of the Grand Dragon". It's not there now, but the chapter still is.

It's horrible that violence like this happens, and continues to happen in this great country.
So you're OK with the confederate flag? And hate groups apparently? Because they exist all over the world.
detamble13 is offline  
Old 06-19-2015, 03:10 PM   #9
mickss

 
mickss's Avatar
 
Drives: .
Join Date: May 2009
Location: .
Posts: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by detamble13 View Post
So you're OK with the confederate flag? And hate groups apparently? Because they exist all over the world.
I`m not very pleased with the fact that flag is flying either, but if the people of South Carolina are OK with the knowledge that they (as far as I know) are the only one`s flying a flag at their state capitol that in my mind represents the very worst of humanity (slavery) then that`s their states reputation that`s at stake and for others to judge them by that choice. And for anyone who thinks it represents "States Rights", it may have during the civil war, but now it has a whole different meaning and one I wouldn`t be very proud of!
__________________
Free Trade is not Fair Trade
mickss is offline  
Old 06-19-2015, 07:05 PM   #10
xstuntman
 
Drives: 2012 2LS Camaro LFX
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: San Angelo, Texas
Posts: 157
I'm proud of it.

The Confederate flag or the war wasn't about slavery so please learn some real history, not what was taught in liberal school. Even better, skip the history books and read some diaries of folks from that time period. The North over taxed the South and spent the money on boondoggle projects up north; the South rebelled. Ya know, they had a whole lot of slaves up North too, right? That fact gets conveniently overlooked a lot.


They made the Confederate flag the symbol of racism because they needed one.
xstuntman is offline  
Old 06-20-2015, 08:25 AM   #11
mickss

 
mickss's Avatar
 
Drives: .
Join Date: May 2009
Location: .
Posts: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstuntman View Post
I'm proud of it.

The Confederate flag or the war wasn't about slavery so please learn some real history, not what was taught in liberal school. Even better, skip the history books and read some diaries of folks from that time period. The North over taxed the South and spent the money on boondoggle projects up north; the South rebelled. Ya know, they had a whole lot of slaves up North too, right? That fact gets conveniently overlooked a lot.


They made the Confederate flag the symbol of racism because they needed one.
If by "They made the Confederate flag the symbol of racism because they needed one" do you mean liberal schools? If so then you would be wrong, the people most responsible for making it the symbol of racism in the view of most people would be the white supremace hate groups, a person of the South can`t be very proud to see the Stars and Bars being flown next to a Nazi flag with men wearing swastikas on their arms or at a KKK clan rally.


As for your assertion "they had a whole lot of slaves up North too, right?" again wrong, New England states abolished slavery in 1804. Slavery in the North was a drop in the bucket compared to the slave holding in the south.

Here is a link to the 1860 U.S. Census.
http://www.civil-war.net/pages/1860_census.html
__________________
Free Trade is not Fair Trade

Last edited by mickss; 06-20-2015 at 09:09 AM.
mickss is offline  
Old 06-20-2015, 01:03 PM   #12
xstuntman
 
Drives: 2012 2LS Camaro LFX
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: San Angelo, Texas
Posts: 157
And the four states that were hardcore slavery but still part of the Union? Lincoln was against slavery but not completely stupid and he new he needed those states. The Emancipation Proclamation applied to only those states in rebellion.

The winner rewrites history to his satisfaction and creates boogemen as needed, always will too. And thats why the Confederate flag got its rep. Like i said the rebellion issue wasn't about slavery, it was legalized theft by the North.

Last edited by xstuntman; 06-20-2015 at 01:26 PM.
xstuntman is offline  
Old 06-21-2015, 09:45 AM   #13
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"
 
hrpiii's Avatar
 
Drives: CGM w/Black stripes
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Indy
Posts: 5,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstuntman View Post
And the four states that were hardcore slavery but still part of the Union? Lincoln was against slavery but not completely stupid and he new he needed those states. The Emancipation Proclamation applied to only those states in rebellion.

The winner rewrites history to his satisfaction and creates boogemen as needed, always will too. And thats why the Confederate flag got its rep. Like i said the rebellion issue wasn't about slavery, it was legalized theft by the North.
it's nice to see that some people really get "history", and not just repeat what was heard or preached. Some people think the whole civil war was ONLY about slavery, which in fact it was more to it. But to mis-label a flag to only represent ONE thing is wrong, and misleading.
__________________
Pfadt Suspension, SLPTVS2300, GFORCE Driveshaft & HalfShafts, Kooks with cutouts and other fun things.
hrpiii is offline  
Old 06-21-2015, 11:41 AM   #14
el ess A
formerly "el ess X"
 
el ess A's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Aiken, SC
Posts: 3,942
What really bothers me the most is the hypocrites who complain about the Confederate flag still being flown at the capital yet flood Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Hilton Head, The Masters (actually in Augusta but those northerners show up over here in SC too), etc., when they go on vacation. They complain, yet won't stay out of our great state. If you don't like it, then stay home. The only people really making a stink over the flag are outsiders who don't know jack about our state. Most everyone here has bigger fish to fry than worry about which flag is flown where.

This situation is an IN-STATE issue between this moron and the unsuspecting victims and their families. Horrible events, which can, and does, happen ANYWHERE. Be vigilant. Stop the senseless killings.
__________________
2010/2013 Camaro

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline  
Old 06-21-2015, 11:42 AM   #15
snarky
ultracrepidarianism
 
snarky's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '14 Accord Sport
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: where folks drive like shit
Posts: 683
stunning to hear crazy racists live in south carolina
__________________

parked on memory lane: 71 Corvette LT-1, 80 Buick Regal Turbo, 82 Corvette, 82 Camaro Z/28, 82 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 84 Mercedes 190E, 85 Toyota Tacoma, 85 Fiero, 86 Fiero GT, 89 5.0 Mustang vert, 92 Jeep Wrangler, 98 Jeep Wrangler, 98 Saturn SL2, 99 Chevy Suburban, 2001 custom Chevy Silverado, three Yamahas
snarky is offline  
Old 06-22-2015, 08:18 AM   #16
ZED SLED


 
ZED SLED's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 Vert M6, 2015 Terrain
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Cortland, NY
Posts: 5,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarky View Post
stunning to hear crazy racists live in south carolina
Really? Jesse Jackson is from South Carolina.
__________________
Under hood airbrush by JT's Custom Paint Garage
Moroso CC, CAI Inc intake


(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
ZED SLED is offline  
Old 06-22-2015, 11:07 AM   #17
okbfd
 
okbfd's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Shelby GT500
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 44
As was said......crazy racist
__________________
2012 Shelby GT-500, 4.10s, Watts Link, BBK Throttle Body, 315/20 Toyo R-888s
okbfd is offline  
Old 06-22-2015, 11:45 AM   #18
skipinminn
Chiquita
 
skipinminn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mpls. Mn./Hudson,Wi.
Posts: 4,440
The sad part is the Media will make this puke a folk hero. They will plaster his face across the written media and the TV news. When this kind of thing happens the offender should become a Number and is not made into a media star. :( SADLY he will get his 15mins PLUS of fame. Then somebody else will take his place. :(
__________________
Bowling Green,Ky August
skipinminn is offline  
Old 06-23-2015, 09:31 AM   #19
KCdaMan
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: maryland
Posts: 27
HUH

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstuntman View Post
And the four states that were hardcore slavery but still part of the Union? Lincoln was against slavery but not completely stupid and he new he needed those states. The Emancipation Proclamation applied to only those states in rebellion.

The winner rewrites history to his satisfaction and creates boogemen as needed, always will too. And thats why the Confederate flag got its rep. Like i said the rebellion issue wasn't about slavery, it was legalized theft by the North.
This is awesome revisionist history at its finest!!! And the usual playlist of the blame game continues.. blame the so called liberal media, liberal schools of education and then the oppressed/victims.

What exactly is the liberal media BTW? I'm a black guy, educated, former vet of the USMC, family man and I've yet to understand this narrative of the liberal media. Is it ANY medium that doesn't propagate conservatism? Is it this supposed media that "protects" minorities (that's laughable BTW)Is it a medium that has vast ideas that are new and diverse? Help me out here. And for the record your revisionist history is pretty standard.... just sayin
KCdaMan is offline  
Old 06-23-2015, 11:59 AM   #20
el ess A
formerly "el ess X"
 
el ess A's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Aiken, SC
Posts: 3,942
Now everything is fixed. They're pushing to move the confederate flag off state property. And we ALL know that doing this will fix ALL the problems revolving around the Charleston shooting or other sick events that are similar. Right?

And KCdaMan, if you don't know what the liberal media is, then you need to educate yourself further. Methinks you're just playing dumb or maybe you watch MSNBC too much.
__________________
2010/2013 Camaro

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline  
Old 06-23-2015, 12:18 PM   #21
45thAnniversary2SS


 
45thAnniversary2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 2,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
Now everything is fixed. They're pushing to move the confederate flag off state property. And we ALL know that doing this will fix ALL the problems revolving around the Charleston shooting or other sick events that are similar. Right?

And KCdaMan, if you don't know what the liberal media is, then you need to educate yourself further. Methinks you're just playing dumb or maybe you watch MSNBC too much.
Yea, has nothing to do with the fact that it is offensive.....
__________________
45thAnniversary2SS is offline  
Old 06-23-2015, 12:49 PM   #22
okbfd
 
okbfd's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Shelby GT500
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 44
Offensive to some.......not so much to others. It has become a symbol for stuff that it was never supposed to represent by people that are just looking for a reason in this PC world.
__________________
2012 Shelby GT-500, 4.10s, Watts Link, BBK Throttle Body, 315/20 Toyo R-888s
okbfd is offline  
Old 06-23-2015, 01:15 PM   #23
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 6,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by okbfd View Post
Offensive to some.......not so much to others. It has become a symbol for stuff that it was never supposed to represent by people that are just looking for a reason in this PC world.
It was put on the SC state-capitol grounds in 1961 as a response to the desegregation efforts coming down from the SCOTUS. It was never a flag for the Confederate State of South Carolina -- it was the battle flag for the Confederate Army of Northern Virginia. It became the symbol it is because of the people that put it there. This is coming from someone that has lived in the South most of my life and lived in SC for 5 years.
__________________
New Ride -- 2015 Z06 2LZ (stock) -- Journal
Old Ride -- 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS (647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ) -- Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline  
Old 06-23-2015, 02:02 PM   #24
SSCam99
 
SSCam99's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: United States
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCdaMan View Post
What exactly is the liberal media BTW? I'm a black guy, educated, former vet of the USMC, family man and I've yet to understand this narrative of the liberal media. Is it ANY medium that doesn't propagate conservatism? Is it this supposed media that "protects" minorities (that's laughable BTW)Is it a medium that has vast ideas that are new and diverse? Help me out here.
Let me preface this (and you can laugh) by saying I work in the media. But if your question is sincere there are books about it.

"Left Turn: How Liberal Media Bias Distorts the American Mind" by Tim Groseclose.

"Bias: A CBS Insider Exposes How the Media Distort the News" by Bernard Goldberg

and so on...

Sometimes it's as simple as NOT reporting certain incidents or NOT asking certain questions that can slant the news politically..

Again, maybe your question was rhetorical, maybe not. Either way I was aware of those books and thought I'd share if you were truly interested.
__________________
2013 Camaro ZL1
SSCam99 is offline  
Old 06-23-2015, 02:57 PM   #25
KCdaMan
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: maryland
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCam99 View Post
Let me preface this (and you can laugh) by saying I work in the media. But if your question is sincere there are books about it.

"Left Turn: How Liberal Media Bias Distorts the American Mind" by Tim Groseclose.

"Bias: A CBS Insider Exposes How the Media Distort the News" by Bernard Goldberg

and so on...

Sometimes it's as simple as NOT reporting certain incidents or NOT asking certain questions that can slant the news politically..

Again, maybe your question was rhetorical, maybe not. Either way I was aware of those books and thought I'd share if you were truly interested.
So for proof that the 'liberal media' exist you provide a conservative talking head? REALLY? I was asking an honest question because even back in my college days NO ONE ever answers the question, at least not sincerely. To your point the SAME can be said about fox news and all its entities. You think I, as a black man, father, small business owner will honestly take fox seriously when they have the likes of kkklannity, coulter and oreilly spewing hate and lies mixed in with deceit and more hatred. I've been accused of being an MSNBC watcher a few post above which is hilarious BTW because I can't stand cowardly democrats either. Honestly speaking I'm anti -two party system all the way. But I can honestly say that even in my USMC days, all 12 years of such I've never once felt so embarrassed to have served as I do now with the constant backlash directed at the current administration. But back on topic, I find it funny that the imaginary liberal media is blamed for everything, especially when you can't honestly describe them. For example faux news tried their best to distort the Charleston racist shooting into an attack on religion, of course this makes sense to no one, but the real question is why? If the liberal media is accused of swaying thinking how can you NOT accuse the same of the fox variety? That's my point to there is only media, we the public choose sides. But thanks for the books that I'll never read because I don't like distortion and lies as the authors you chose. And really? Goldberg as a credible source? c'mon man! That's like me giving you a book written about bad republicans authored by some democrat! Get serious!
KCdaMan is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.