Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 11:00 AM   #1
CJandtheSS

Drives: 2012 Victory Red Camaro 2SS/RS M6
9 killed in Charleston church shooting; suspect in custody

Some pretty horrific stuff... Here's a link....

http://news.yahoo.com/charleston-chu...103930165.html

My prayers go out to the families effected...
2012 Victory Red 2SS/RS: Cold Air Inductions CAI, Long Tubes, HF Cats. Corsa Catback, Hurst Short Thorw, Dyno Tune, Matte Bronze TSW Nurburgrings, Factory High Wing, Afterburners/Illuminated Rear Bow-Tie, and 275/315 Nittos. 420HP 421TQ
Old 06-18-2015, 11:08 AM   #2
Airway Monkey

Drives: 2015 2SS/1LE
You never think it could happen in your hometown....but then it does. I know this city will stay strong through this tragic event.

See ya on the road,
Matt
Old 06-18-2015, 11:20 AM   #3
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
this is why you have to be armed at ALL TIMES.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:33 PM   #4
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
The shooter was caught a short time ago in Shelby, NC heading for the mountains.

Was a 21 year old kid from Lexington, SC.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/18/us/cha...ing/index.html

"A senior law enforcement source told CNN the suspect's father had recently bought him a .45-caliber gun for his 21st birthday. "

Thoughts are with the families.
Old 06-18-2015, 03:38 PM   #5
Jus1dab

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
This is very disturbing. Prayers go out the victims and their families.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:09 PM   #6
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizaro View Post
this is why you have to be armed at ALL TIMES.
The Confederate flag still flies in front of the state capital

The state is home to 19 hate groups, including active Ku Klux Klan chapters. It is also one of only five states that have no hate crimes law

I don't think a lack of guns is the problem.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:47 PM   #7
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: CGM w/Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by detamble13 View Post
The Confederate flag still flies in front of the state capital

The state is home to 19 hate groups, including active Ku Klux Klan chapters. It is also one of only five states that have no hate crimes law

I don't think a lack of guns is the problem.
uh, there are hate groups all over the world, and pretty sure there are more than that in some states. Also, in the south, I'm pretty sure there are very active KKK chapters. Being from NC, I am very aware of this. Is it right, NO, but it's real. I know in the city that was near me, when I lived there, big billboard as you entered that city "Home of the Grand Dragon". It's not there now, but the chapter still is.

It's horrible that violence like this happens, and continues to happen in this great country.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:31 PM   #8
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
uh, there are hate groups all over the world, and pretty sure there are more than that in some states. Also, in the south, I'm pretty sure there are very active KKK chapters. Being from NC, I am very aware of this. Is it right, NO, but it's real. I know in the city that was near me, when I lived there, big billboard as you entered that city "Home of the Grand Dragon". It's not there now, but the chapter still is.

It's horrible that violence like this happens, and continues to happen in this great country.
So you're OK with the confederate flag? And hate groups apparently? Because they exist all over the world.
Old 06-19-2015, 03:10 PM   #9
mickss

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by detamble13 View Post
So you're OK with the confederate flag? And hate groups apparently? Because they exist all over the world.
I`m not very pleased with the fact that flag is flying either, but if the people of South Carolina are OK with the knowledge that they (as far as I know) are the only one`s flying a flag at their state capitol that in my mind represents the very worst of humanity (slavery) then that`s their states reputation that`s at stake and for others to judge them by that choice. And for anyone who thinks it represents "States Rights", it may have during the civil war, but now it has a whole different meaning and one I wouldn`t be very proud of!
Old 06-19-2015, 07:05 PM   #10
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 2LS Camaro LFX
I'm proud of it.

The Confederate flag or the war wasn't about slavery so please learn some real history, not what was taught in liberal school. Even better, skip the history books and read some diaries of folks from that time period. The North over taxed the South and spent the money on boondoggle projects up north; the South rebelled. Ya know, they had a whole lot of slaves up North too, right? That fact gets conveniently overlooked a lot.

They made the Confederate flag the symbol of racism because they needed one.
Old 06-20-2015, 08:25 AM   #11
mickss

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstuntman View Post
I'm proud of it.

The Confederate flag or the war wasn't about slavery so please learn some real history, not what was taught in liberal school. Even better, skip the history books and read some diaries of folks from that time period. The North over taxed the South and spent the money on boondoggle projects up north; the South rebelled. Ya know, they had a whole lot of slaves up North too, right? That fact gets conveniently overlooked a lot.

They made the Confederate flag the symbol of racism because they needed one.
If by "They made the Confederate flag the symbol of racism because they needed one" do you mean liberal schools? If so then you would be wrong, the people most responsible for making it the symbol of racism in the view of most people would be the white supremace hate groups, a person of the South can`t be very proud to see the Stars and Bars being flown next to a Nazi flag with men wearing swastikas on their arms or at a KKK clan rally.

As for your assertion "they had a whole lot of slaves up North too, right?" again wrong, New England states abolished slavery in 1804. Slavery in the North was a drop in the bucket compared to the slave holding in the south.

Here is a link to the 1860 U.S. Census.
http://www.civil-war.net/pages/1860_census.html

Last edited by mickss; 06-20-2015 at 09:09 AM.
Old 06-20-2015, 01:03 PM   #12
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 2LS Camaro LFX
And the four states that were hardcore slavery but still part of the Union? Lincoln was against slavery but not completely stupid and he new he needed those states. The Emancipation Proclamation applied to only those states in rebellion.

The winner rewrites history to his satisfaction and creates boogemen as needed, always will too. And thats why the Confederate flag got its rep. Like i said the rebellion issue wasn't about slavery, it was legalized theft by the North.

Last edited by xstuntman; 06-20-2015 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:45 AM   #13
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: CGM w/Black stripes
Quote:
And the four states that were hardcore slavery but still part of the Union? Lincoln was against slavery but not completely stupid and he new he needed those states. The Emancipation Proclamation applied to only those states in rebellion.

The winner rewrites history to his satisfaction and creates boogemen as needed, always will too. And thats why the Confederate flag got its rep. Like i said the rebellion issue wasn't about slavery, it was legalized theft by the North.
it's nice to see that some people really get "history", and not just repeat what was heard or preached. Some people think the whole civil war was ONLY about slavery, which in fact it was more to it. But to mis-label a flag to only represent ONE thing is wrong, and misleading.
Old 06-21-2015, 11:41 AM   #14
el ess A
formerly "el ess X"

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
What really bothers me the most is the hypocrites who complain about the Confederate flag still being flown at the capital yet flood Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Hilton Head, The Masters (actually in Augusta but those northerners show up over here in SC too), etc., when they go on vacation. They complain, yet won't stay out of our great state. If you don't like it, then stay home. The only people really making a stink over the flag are outsiders who don't know jack about our state. Most everyone here has bigger fish to fry than worry about which flag is flown where.

This situation is an IN-STATE issue between this moron and the unsuspecting victims and their families. Horrible events, which can, and does, happen ANYWHERE. Be vigilant. Stop the senseless killings.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
Old 06-21-2015, 11:42 AM   #15
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '14 Accord Sport
stunning to hear crazy racists live in south carolina

parked on memory lane: 71 Corvette LT-1, 80 Buick Regal Turbo, 82 Corvette, 82 Camaro Z/28, 82 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 84 Mercedes 190E, 85 Toyota Tacoma, 85 Fiero, 86 Fiero GT, 89 5.0 Mustang vert, 92 Jeep Wrangler, 98 Jeep Wrangler, 98 Saturn SL2, 99 Chevy Suburban, 2001 custom Chevy Silverado, three Yamahas
Old 06-22-2015, 08:18 AM   #16
ZED SLED

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 Vert M6, 2015 Terrain
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarky View Post
stunning to hear crazy racists live in south carolina
Really? Jesse Jackson is from South Carolina.

(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
Old 06-22-2015, 11:07 AM   #17
okbfd

Drives: 2012 Shelby GT500
As was said......crazy racist
Old 06-22-2015, 11:45 AM   #18
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
The sad part is the Media will make this puke a folk hero. They will plaster his face across the written media and the TV news. When this kind of thing happens the offender should become a Number and is not made into a media star. :( SADLY he will get his 15mins PLUS of fame. Then somebody else will take his place. :(
Old 06-23-2015, 09:31 AM   #19
KCdaMan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt
HUH

Quote:

This is awesome revisionist history at its finest!!! And the usual playlist of the blame game continues.. blame the so called liberal media, liberal schools of education and then the oppressed/victims.

What exactly is the liberal media BTW? I'm a black guy, educated, former vet of the USMC, family man and I've yet to understand this narrative of the liberal media. Is it ANY medium that doesn't propagate conservatism? Is it this supposed media that "protects" minorities (that's laughable BTW)Is it a medium that has vast ideas that are new and diverse? Help me out here. And for the record your revisionist history is pretty standard.... just sayin
Old 06-23-2015, 11:59 AM   #20
el ess A
formerly "el ess X"

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Now everything is fixed. They're pushing to move the confederate flag off state property. And we ALL know that doing this will fix ALL the problems revolving around the Charleston shooting or other sick events that are similar. Right?

And KCdaMan, if you don't know what the liberal media is, then you need to educate yourself further. Methinks you're just playing dumb or maybe you watch MSNBC too much.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
Old 06-23-2015, 12:18 PM   #21
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
Now everything is fixed. They're pushing to move the confederate flag off state property. And we ALL know that doing this will fix ALL the problems revolving around the Charleston shooting or other sick events that are similar. Right?

And KCdaMan, if you don't know what the liberal media is, then you need to educate yourself further. Methinks you're just playing dumb or maybe you watch MSNBC too much.
Yea, has nothing to do with the fact that it is offensive.....
Old 06-23-2015, 12:49 PM   #22
okbfd

Drives: 2012 Shelby GT500
Offensive to some.......not so much to others. It has become a symbol for stuff that it was never supposed to represent by people that are just looking for a reason in this PC world.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:15 PM   #23
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by okbfd View Post
Offensive to some.......not so much to others. It has become a symbol for stuff that it was never supposed to represent by people that are just looking for a reason in this PC world.
It was put on the SC state-capitol grounds in 1961 as a response to the desegregation efforts coming down from the SCOTUS. It was never a flag for the Confederate State of South Carolina -- it was the battle flag for the Confederate Army of Northern Virginia. It became the symbol it is because of the people that put it there. This is coming from someone that has lived in the South most of my life and lived in SC for 5 years.
Old 06-23-2015, 02:02 PM   #24
SSCam99

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCdaMan View Post
What exactly is the liberal media BTW? I'm a black guy, educated, former vet of the USMC, family man and I've yet to understand this narrative of the liberal media. Is it ANY medium that doesn't propagate conservatism? Is it this supposed media that "protects" minorities (that's laughable BTW)Is it a medium that has vast ideas that are new and diverse? Help me out here.
Let me preface this (and you can laugh) by saying I work in the media. But if your question is sincere there are books about it.

"Left Turn: How Liberal Media Bias Distorts the American Mind" by Tim Groseclose.

"Bias: A CBS Insider Exposes How the Media Distort the News" by Bernard Goldberg

and so on...

Sometimes it's as simple as NOT reporting certain incidents or NOT asking certain questions that can slant the news politically..

Again, maybe your question was rhetorical, maybe not. Either way I was aware of those books and thought I'd share if you were truly interested.
Old 06-23-2015, 02:57 PM   #25
KCdaMan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCam99 View Post
Let me preface this (and you can laugh) by saying I work in the media. But if your question is sincere there are books about it.

"Left Turn: How Liberal Media Bias Distorts the American Mind" by Tim Groseclose.

"Bias: A CBS Insider Exposes How the Media Distort the News" by Bernard Goldberg

and so on...

Sometimes it's as simple as NOT reporting certain incidents or NOT asking certain questions that can slant the news politically..

Again, maybe your question was rhetorical, maybe not. Either way I was aware of those books and thought I'd share if you were truly interested.
So for proof that the 'liberal media' exist you provide a conservative talking head? REALLY? I was asking an honest question because even back in my college days NO ONE ever answers the question, at least not sincerely. To your point the SAME can be said about fox news and all its entities. You think I, as a black man, father, small business owner will honestly take fox seriously when they have the likes of kkklannity, coulter and oreilly spewing hate and lies mixed in with deceit and more hatred. I've been accused of being an MSNBC watcher a few post above which is hilarious BTW because I can't stand cowardly democrats either. Honestly speaking I'm anti -two party system all the way. But I can honestly say that even in my USMC days, all 12 years of such I've never once felt so embarrassed to have served as I do now with the constant backlash directed at the current administration. But back on topic, I find it funny that the imaginary liberal media is blamed for everything, especially when you can't honestly describe them. For example faux news tried their best to distort the Charleston racist shooting into an attack on religion, of course this makes sense to no one, but the real question is why? If the liberal media is accused of swaying thinking how can you NOT accuse the same of the fox variety? That's my point to there is only media, we the public choose sides. But thanks for the books that I'll never read because I don't like distortion and lies as the authors you chose. And really? Goldberg as a credible source? c'mon man! That's like me giving you a book written about bad republicans authored by some democrat! Get serious!
Closed Thread