Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:33 AM   #2501
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
O that's not bad at all.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:34 AM   #2502
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Definitely going V8 ASAP now. Really not trying to build an art project on top of my hood.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Turbo is a better choice anyway...
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:34 AM   #2503
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Btw guys I think I found the source of my misfire, made a thread if anyone wants to offer up advice.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:44 AM   #2504
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Just noticed you are from Yonkers, my dad grew up there haha.

So to submit my car for COTW or to hold off till I have more mods done, that is the question lol.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #2505
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Turbo is a better choice anyway...
Turbos are more efficient for sure, not arguing that. Ive always wanted a SC car though. I've stuck around this long on the LLT waiting but its pretty clear now it's time to move on. That's just my opinion, I'm sure many people are happy with the options put out.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #2506
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botoasy View Post
I've been going back and forth with myself over the past month, I wanted to supercharge my car. But a couple people have told me to wait until I'm 25, which is in 2 years and buy an SS when the new generation comes out. Just want some honest feedback.
You have a 2010, IMO I would hold off and NOT sueprcharger. Too many tuning difficulties, Mine is a supercharged 2010. If I had to do it again, I'd honestly just save the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
When the 6th gens come out I plan on getting an SS (sorry guys) it may or may not be one of the earlier models.
Yup I'm in the same boat as you. I'm saving for a 2017 50th anniversary 6th gen SS. Should be sweet.

Quote:
Turbos are more efficient for sure, not arguing that. Ive always wanted a SC car though. I've stuck around this long on the LLT waiting but its pretty clear now it's time to move on. That's just my opinion, I'm sure many people are happy with the options put out.

Turbo's (for our V6) will build more power. But I'm honestly not a big fan of Turbos.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #2507
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Just noticed you are from Yonkers, my dad grew up there haha.

So to submit my car for COTW or to hold off till I have more mods done, that is the question lol.
Hold off because my car will be ready soon, we can shoot it out! lol

And I'm not actually from Yonkers but I am near it, security purposes...
Quote:

SC does seem to sound cooler, though a good BOV sounds sick too. Its only been 3 years too, aftermarket demand is high for these cars too, there is MUCH more to come no doubt. That said, if I had the money I'd be in an 8 right now.

Sucks because I got the 6 originally because I was driving 30-60 miles a day. I didn't know after I graduated I'd get a job 5 minutes away. I've done 400 miles in the last month...
Old 06-02-2013, 12:22 PM   #2508
SixCyl

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
Quote:

I think that's my ultimate goal for my car. I like having my V6 and though a V8 is enticing I like the idea of a charged six. At the moment my wheels have made such a difference that I'm done with mods for my car for a while. On to my computer! Haha.
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:30 PM   #2509
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post

Yup I'm in the same boat as you. I'm saving for a 2017 50th anniversary 6th gen SS. Should be sweet.
Didn't think of that, maybe I'll wait till then. In all honesty though not really a fan of the 45th ann.

Quote:
Hold off because my car will be ready soon, we can shoot it out! lol

And I'm not actually from Yonkers but I am near it, security purposes...

Got ya haha
Old 06-02-2013, 01:30 PM   #2510
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:

SC does seem to sound cooler, though a good BOV sounds sick too.
My supercharger system has a BOV.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:41 PM   #2511
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Cleaned the spark plug off, still misfiring. Oil is getting into the cylinder at high load, high RPM pulls. Off to the damn dealer for I don't know how many times now.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:51 PM   #2512
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:

I definitely agree with you. The almost non-existent tuning capabilities and problems with the engine have pretty much made it clear to me too. I'm not going to be investing way too much into this engine anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
You have a 2010, IMO I would hold off and NOT sueprcharger. Too many tuning difficulties, Mine is a supercharged 2010. If I had to do it again, I'd honestly just save the money.
I'd listen to this

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:30 PM   #2513
Lil' Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: Supercharged V6
Hey guys, since i have a rx breather, i deleted the fresh air intake tube that runs from the back of the clean side of the drivers side to my Cai intake. So my question is where do yall get y'alls rubber caps from? and what is the size(s)? thanks
Old 06-02-2013, 04:37 PM   #2514
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
Hey guys, since i have a rx breather, i deleted the fresh air intake tube that runs from the back of the clean side of the drivers side to my Cai intake. So my question is where do yall get y'alls rubber caps from? and what is the size(s)? thanks
Mine came with some but I will prob replace them once someone else chimes in. Right now they look like nipples haha. Wanna replace them, even though I do like nipples...

Old 06-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #2515
Lil' Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: Supercharged V6
Quote:
Mine came with some but I will prob replace them once someone else chimes in. Right now they look like nipples haha. Wanna replace them, even though I do like nipples...

Haha who doesn't? but yeah mine didn't come with them
Old 06-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #2516
batman53201
Account not blocked

Drives: The Batmobile
nice nips
Old 06-02-2013, 05:34 PM   #2517
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
I definitely agree with you. The almost non-existent tuning capabilities and problems with the engine have pretty much made it clear to me too. I'm not going to be investing way too much into this engine anymore.
Yup, I've been strung along long enough. After seeing those pics, that's not an acceptable top mount SC kit in the slightest if you have to completely modify the look of your car for it. It's obvious nobody can/will provide that option for us, and even aside from all that, I'm not convinced anybody can tune it.

Even if I didn't think that looked completely redneck, I don't much like the idea of cutting a hole in your hood, removing all that bracing and screwing with the crumple zones.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #2518
Netraa

Drives: 2011 RS vert
heh, I got the wrong size when i got mine, so i went redneck on it. I got the hose that normally goes on it, and stuffed a wire nut down the hole.

Name:  IMG_20130602_164022_054.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  54.8 KB
Netraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:32 PM   #2519
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman53201 View Post
nice nips
LMFAO first time I ever heard that.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:20 PM   #2520
Netraa

Drives: 2011 RS vert
So, I have a question for all the rest of us LLT v6'ers.

How many of you just had your build plans go up in smoke with the results of the RX top mount?

I've been building my plan around that supercharger with the erroneous assumption that it would fit under a stock hood.

If I dump the supercharger, then I don't need more than 2/3 of the rest of the hard mods that i had planned for the car and with the tuning 'fun' this car is, very much makes this engine combo back into a dead end.

Of course, i still love the car, but it feels like it's knees have been chopped out from under it.

Is this common, or is it just the disappointment feeling larger than it really is.

~N
Netraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #2521
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netraa View Post

How many of you just had your build plans go up in smoke with the results of the RX top mount?

I've been building my plan around that supercharger with the erroneous assumption that it would fit under a stock hood.

If I dump the supercharger, then I don't need more than 2/3 of the rest of the hard mods that i had planned for the car and with the tuning 'fun' this car is, very much makes this engine combo back into a dead end.

Of course, i still love the car, but it feels like it's knees have been chopped out from under it.

Is this common, or is it just the disappointment feeling larger than it really is.

~N
I'm in the exact same boat as you, as you can probably tell. I was planning on that as the future for this car. That's why I bought the dual valve catch can specifically. Now it's scrapped. I don't want a remote mounted SC, I don't want turbos, and I certainly don't want 6'' of supercharger sticking out of my hood.

Now it looks like SC customers have to budget another $1500-ish for a compatible hood. Sweet. Might as well trade in on an SS once you add in that expense to an already pricey chinese SC option that probably won't ever matter because Vince can't properly tune these ECMs for FI according to some that have gone that route.

I won't be doing any big mods now. I'll probably do a Black Ice, washer relocation and scoop, and ported TB, that's about it.

The LLT was a major headache and an overall disappointment for anyone interested in modding. I'll be looking to get out of this car sooner rather than later.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #2522
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netraa View Post

~N
As much as I love my car I don't think I will ever go that far into it. I would love to have a High performance build but honestly the LLT is not the best candidate for it. I was very excited for this top mount SC since it could lead to other possibilities for our cars but seeing how the hood needs to be modified I don't think many will go for it now.

Honestly for me I plan to call it a day with my engine modding once I get my long tubes and a tune to get rid of the CEL that comes along with it. I probably will do some other minor things and suspension but once I get LT my engine modding is done for
Proud owner of litho #179 Click Picture for Build Thread
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #2523
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
As much as I love my car I don't think I will ever go that far into it. I would love to have a High performance build but honestly the LLT is not the best candidate for it. I was very excited for this top mount SC since it could lead to other possibilities for our cars but seeing how the hood needs to be modified I don't think many will go for it now.

Honestly for me I plan to call it a day with my engine modding once I get my long tubes and a tune to get rid of the CEL that comes along with it. I probably will do some other minor things and suspension but once I get LT my engine modding is done for
Same here, I never really wanted to go FI either it be SC or turbos or even nitrous (not really a fan of it although it is cheap enough maybe one day . The way I see it is: I'm young (23) having my camaro be first car I ever started modding, still learning things about cars. No need for me to go over board and go FI honestly. If I ever want to go FI I will down the road prob on something other than my LT.

With that being said I do appreciate how things have "evolved" for our car. In the beginning we barely had anything to add as a mod since I believe these engines weren't in anything people would normally mod, unlike the LS3 and L99. Yet despite the trouble with tuning and such I give mad props to Rx developing both their SC, Mace and Rx with the cam/head combo, Trifecta and IPF with the tuning issues. I know it isn't easy but they aren't giving up and are trying to see what can be done to the LLT, it may or may not be a lost cause who knows. But I do appreciate the effort that is being put in.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:31 PM   #2524
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Same here, I never really wanted to go FI either it be SC or turbos or even nitrous (not really a fan of it although it is cheap enough maybe one day . The way I see it is: I'm young (23) having my camaro be first car I ever started modding, still learning things about cars. No need for me to go over board and go FI honestly. If I ever want to go FI I will down the road prob on something other than my LT.

With that being said I do appreciate how things have "evolved" for our car. In the beginning we barely had anything to add as a mod since I believe these engines weren't in anything people would normally mod, unlike the LS3 and L99. Yet despite the trouble with tuning and such I give mad props to Rx developing both their SC, Mace and Rx with the cam/head combo, Trifecta and IPF with the tuning issues. I know it isn't easy but they aren't giving up and are trying to see what can be done to the LLT, it may or may not be a lost cause who knows. But I do appreciate the effort that is being put in.
I agree with you guys and after some disturbing PMs with tracy from RX it looks like I'm going to need another engine rebuild...2 in less than 50,000 miles, and my tranny issue still hasn't been addressed...WTF!
Old 06-02-2013, 09:37 PM   #2525
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: I drive the green one
I haven't kept up with the root Sc kit.
Why is everyone ditching the supercharger system now ? The root just needs a new hood right ? Or is there something wrong with the kit itself