Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2013, 03:08 PM   #1233
Wilson_51
 
Wilson_51's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Lt Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
well, you'd lose your catalytic converters, so it would get louder. that's for sure. never heard the flowmasters in person before. we have the mrt v2. So we'll see how it sounds. as for performance, I don't see why there wouldn't be a 25-35hp gain.
The flowmasters dont sound very good idiling, but they sound good while driving to me. And well then.. looks like i might just be getting them! haha
Wilson_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:19 PM   #1234
Wilson_51
 
Wilson_51's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Lt Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 45
holy crap... they just jumped back up to $220...
Wilson_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:22 PM   #1235
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13
 
kjkjr27's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Syracuse
Posts: 10,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
DO IT!

I just did. For $65, what is there to lose? I'm going to save more money and get them coated but there's no way I'm passing up a deal like this haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
they are used if there is vibration. it's not needed. if you don't hear or feel any vibration, then you don't need them. I would think that if the shop didn't put them on, you are ok. but hold on to them.

done

Woot!!!!
__________________
kjkjr27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #1236
lscamaro


 
lscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 10,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson_51 View Post
holy crap... they just jumped back up to $220...
Wow, that was fast! Thank god I was able to snatch myself up one!
__________________

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #1237
PoorMansCamaro



 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 55,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Wow, that was fast! Thank god I was able to snatch myself up one!
haha, looks like we got lucky! only 3 left when I ordered!
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #1238
PoorMansCamaro



 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 55,423
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #1239
lscamaro


 
lscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 10,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
haha, looks like we got lucky! only 3 left when I ordered!
For real! It said 3 left when I ordered as well. We must've been the last two because it still says their is one left but at $200
__________________

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #1240
SixCyl
 
SixCyl's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 695
It must have been a typo. Thankfully, Amazon honors that.
__________________
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:41 PM   #1241
PoorMansCamaro



 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 55,423
well, 200 is still a great deal. not $65 great.
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #1242
PoorMansCamaro



 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 55,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
DO IT!

I just did. For $65, what is there to lose? I'm going to save more money and get them coated but there's no way I'm passing up a deal like this haha
you know how much that costs?
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:46 PM   #1243
PoorMansCamaro



 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 55,423
also, would ceramic coating the headers help prevent rust?
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #1244
jewel25
Mrs. PoorMansCamaro
 
jewel25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 36,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
also, would ceramic coating the headers help prevent rust?
I am concerned about car cancer myself.
__________________
jewel25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #1245
lscamaro


 
lscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 10,310
When I get the headers on Saturday, I'll take measurements and ask how much for a jet hot ceramic coating.

I looked it up and the v8s are paying about 200-300 for their coatings and polishing. I don't care much for the look so if possible I'd just get them coated and hopefully it's less but even then, I don't mind paying because I'd be out ahead because of the price we got them at.

I don't think it helps in regards to rust but that's not as important to me since it's hot and dry where I live. Never see salt or humidity pretty much so I don't really care about rust as much as someone who sees salt on the roads and is humid all the time. Take into consideration that BBK headers are also mild steel even when ceramic coated and I've yet to hear of problems of rust with those
__________________

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #1246
PoorMansCamaro



 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 55,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
When I get the headers on Saturday, I'll take measurements and ask how much for a jet hot ceramic coating.

I looked it up and the v8s are paying about 200-300 for their coatings and polishing. I don't care much for the look so if possible I'd just get them coated and hopefully it's less but even then, I don't mind paying because I'd be out ahead because of the price we got them at.

I don't think it helps in regards to rust but that's not as important to me since it's hot and dry where I live. Never see salt or humidity pretty much so I don't really care about rust as much as someone who sees salt on the roads and is humid all the time. Take into consideration that BBK headers are also mild steel even when ceramic coated and I've yet to hear of problems of rust with those
yeah, living in charelston...by the ocean...it's humid. lol

and that's true about the ceramic BBk's.

I miss vegas. :( lol
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.