Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Flowmaster
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #1599
nikos30
HT5 EastSide
 
nikos30's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NJ/PA
Posts: 1,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewel25 View Post
Who is going to keep me entertained today?
I am.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=289673&page=2

this kid is too funny, I cant stop.
__________________
nikos30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:53 AM   #1600
jewel25
Nov 20, 2016
 
jewel25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 36,684
__________________
jewel25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:36 AM   #1601
lscamaro


 
lscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 10,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewel25 View Post
so how's it going jewel? What's next with the car?
__________________

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #1602
jewel25
Nov 20, 2016
 
jewel25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 36,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
so how's it going jewel? What's next with the car?

Headers install on the 27th and Jason and I are discussing Nitrous. Discussing is the key word
__________________
jewel25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:55 AM   #1603
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 5,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Btw guys what's the best mpg you guys get going 75mph?
Best I got was 24mpg
hmmmm.. on my way back from San Antonio this weekend (little over 200 miles) I cruised between 75-80 and got just over 27.5. On the way there I got 29.5 but that tune was a little on the lean side.

I guess superchargers increase MPG on our car

However I only get about 17 city.
__________________
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:30 PM   #1604
SixCyl
 
SixCyl's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Btw guys what's the best mpg you guys get going 75mph?
Best I got was 24mpg
At 75 mph, I get around 28. I'm going to Tampa this weekend, I'll let you know for sure then.
__________________
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:45 PM   #1605
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 SS Camaro, 06 Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 11,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos30 View Post
Lmao who else hates almost all of the splitters that are available for our cars? I just don't like any besides the gfx one.... The others look weirdly slanted to me, or just don't look that good in my eyes.

And shipping!?!? Some placed rape you with that fee��
I really like the new "DUSK" splitter for the V6 from GM. Looks great, but EXPENSIVE!

Lots of pics throughout this thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258377

I also think the ACS T2 looks pretty good when painted.

ACS also makes a "T5" which is basically a copy of the GM Dusk version for much cheaper, but I've looked at lots of pictures of it compared to the GM version, and the ACS version doesn't sit quite right, and ends up looking a bit awkward to me compared to the Dusk. Otherwise I'd be all over it.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272134
__________________
2016 Camaro 1SS - 8-speed - NPP - Black bowties
2010 Camaro 1LT V6 (Sold. I will miss her!)
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:16 PM   #1606
nikos30
HT5 EastSide
 
nikos30's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NJ/PA
Posts: 1,577
the dusk looks great...i dont even want to see the price. its always like a million bucks for a thing that looks just like plastic lol

on the other thread I posted, Im just jokin around...bustin this guys balls.
I just dont want anybody to think im serious because it sounds like I belong somewhere without any sharp objects hahaha
__________________
nikos30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #1607
lscamaro


 
lscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 10,310
I personally don't like any of the splitter options we have for the v6 bumper. I think they all look out of place.

I'll probably be going with the zl1 bumper since it's oem so I know it's good quality and it looks really good
__________________

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:23 PM   #1608
jewel25
Nov 20, 2016
 
jewel25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 36,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
I personally don't like any of the splitter options we have for the v6 bumper. I think they all look out of place.

I'll probably be going with the zl1 bumper since it's oem so I know it's good quality and it looks really good
Good choice.
__________________
jewel25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:26 PM   #1609
nikos30
HT5 EastSide
 
nikos30's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NJ/PA
Posts: 1,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
I personally don't like any of the splitter options we have for the v6 bumper. I think they all look out of place.

I'll probably be going with the zl1 bumper since it's oem so I know it's good quality and it looks really good
everything I think, you say. every time...its getting weird.

lmao they all really do look out of place because of the curved bottom imo. I was thinking about going with an SS front but I realized how many people look for a mailslot to see if its a v8 or not.

in the end, we all just need zl1s with 30+ mpg and no exponential growth in insurance rates...we'd all be happy
__________________
nikos30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:31 PM   #1610
lscamaro


 
lscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 10,310
Exactly! The curve on the bottom of our front bumper is what causes things to look weird. If it were me and I was going to keep the stock v6 bumper, I'd just run around without a splitter. It looks sleeker that way.

I was going to go with the v8 bumper but as you said, everyone looks for the mailslot. I was going to get it filled in as well but then realized it was more trouble than it's worth just to distinguish myself from the v8. So might as well step up to the bumper that has no mailslot and looks like a million bucks.... zl1 bumper here I come.... soon.... when I have the money
__________________

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #1611
lscamaro


 
lscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 10,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos30 View Post
everything I think, you say. every time...its getting weird.

lmao they all really do look out of place because of the curved bottom imo. I was thinking about going with an SS front but I realized how many people look for a mailslot to see if its a v8 or not.

in the end, we all just need zl1s with 30+ mpg and no exponential growth in insurance rates...we'd all be happy
I know I'll probably get flamed for this but I just don't like the ZL1s. Sure they look amazing but man are they slow on the drag strip. Yes I know they aren't meant for that but you'd think that if you were paying 60000+ you'd get a monster of a car but that's not what I've seen at all. At the local strip where I run 14.2s, we had a ZL1 come in and run a 13.3. If an extra 40,000 gets you .9 of a second, I'd be disappointed. Hell I could spend 2000, get nitrous, and beat it everytime out. I know it's not a fair comparison and all but I was really disappointed. Now, on the road course, they are complete animals. But for me, I'd probably go with a shelby over the zl1
__________________

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:43 PM   #1612
nikos30
HT5 EastSide
 
nikos30's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NJ/PA
Posts: 1,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
I know I'll probably get flamed for this but I just don't like the ZL1s. Sure they look amazing but man are they slow on the drag strip. Yes I know they aren't meant for that but you'd think that if you were paying 60000+ you'd get a monster of a car but that's not what I've seen at all. At the local strip where I run 14.2s, we had a ZL1 come in and run a 13.3. If an extra 40,000 gets you .9 of a second, I'd be disappointed. Hell I could spend 2000, get nitrous, and beat it everytime out. I know it's not a fair comparison and all but I was really disappointed. Now, on the road course, they are complete animals. But for me, I'd probably go with a shelby over the zl1
you wont get flamed at all. thats what a lot of zl1 owners say. from the one I met in PA, he was actually really disappointing, but he said it was one of the best handling cars ever (which is weird to hear about a camaro haha)

some mods into that would make it a real beast though. I just always want more...
__________________
nikos30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:49 PM   #1613
PoorMansCamaro



 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 55,207
just for the looks alone, i'd have to go with the zl1. although, we are getting pretty close to base stingray prices, so i'd have to test drive that first. lol
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #1614
jewel25
Nov 20, 2016
 
jewel25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 36,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
just for the looks alone, i'd have to go with the zl1. although, we are getting pretty close to base stingray prices, so i'd have to test drive that first. lol
You can make make a V6 look like a ZL1.


I am very happy with my Sixer.
__________________
jewel25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:58 PM   #1615
PoorMansCamaro



 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 55,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewel25 View Post
You can make make a V6 look like a ZL1.


I am very happy with my Sixer.
well, i'm talking about power. lol

and I know, you can make the v6 pretty darn quick as well.
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.