Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission Tune and diagnostics for engines and auto transmission.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #1
only the beSSt

Drives: IOM 1LE, awaiting my return
what kind of tune?

I personally know little to nothing about tuning methods. Also keep in mind that I am not going to be doing any competitive racing. Any track time (and there will be plenty) will purely be for my own enjoyment. I don't have a problem spending money to make sure my car is done right the first time, but I also do not like throwing money into stuff that is not going to benefit me for the way I use something.

Is it worth to go to a reputable performance shop and get the car dyno tuned? Or would a remote tune from Jannetty be just fine?

I even had one person (who I am not exactly inclined to put any unquestioned faith in) tell me that dyno tuning is harder on a car than tuning needs to be for a mostly street-driven car. Is there any truth to this?
only the beSSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:08 PM   #2
Alvin@PCMofNC

Drives: 2010 IOM RSS
If your willing to make the trip we are not too far for you. We can have you in and out within a day with a before and after. We can also do intake/headers/catback/dyno tune within a day if your interested. The above normally picks the manual cars up right around 60 rwhp

See what's in our shop on Facebook! Customer Build Blogs!
www.pcmofnc.com
Performance Installs - Dyno Tuning - Mail Order Tuning & Sales
704-307-4227
Alvin@PCMofNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:37 AM   #3
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by only the beSSt View Post
I personally know little to nothing about tuning methods. Also keep in mind that I am not going to be doing any competitive racing. Any track time (and there will be plenty) will purely be for my own enjoyment. I don't have a problem spending money to make sure my car is done right the first time, but I also do not like throwing money into stuff that is not going to benefit me for the way I use something.

Is it worth to go to a reputable performance shop and get the car dyno tuned? Or would a remote tune from Jannetty be just fine?

I even had one person (who I am not exactly inclined to put any unquestioned faith in) tell me that dyno tuning is harder on a car than tuning needs to be for a mostly street-driven car. Is there any truth to this?
I have tuned around 1300 of the cars on this forum, so ask around and look at the feedback.

I Guaranty You will be very happy with the results.

I remote tune even the wildest of builds with complete success right from my Desk to your driveway.

Any question feel Free to ask.

Ted.
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:58 AM   #4
ginsberg2@hotmail.com
Account Suspended

Drives: ls3 camaro
my jannetty tune ais top notch. my car is so wild that i bet no other tuner can make it so streetable.
ginsberg2@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote