Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Forced Induction - V6 V6 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2013, 01:57 PM   #26
Chris-HPS
 
Chris-HPS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008Corvette
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ga
Posts: 691
We did a V6 to a SS rearend swap a month or so ago and the stock drive shaft fit exactly the way it did with the V6 rear end in there. Slip joint stayed in the same location. The V8 and V6 rubber couplers are the exact same as well. Nothing moved.

Chris
Chris-HPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:30 PM   #27
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kemah, TX
Posts: 4,889
Hmmm...

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
__________________
557 rwhp / 525 rwtq (PFADT Headers & Cats/ Roto-Fab Intake / Ported LSA TB)
Automotive YouTube Channel / MSR Houston / Grandsport Speedway / Camaro5 Fest V CamaroCross / Build Thread
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:11 PM   #28
Matt @ FSP

 
Matt @ FSP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 2,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-HPS View Post
We did a V6 to a SS rearend swap a month or so ago and the stock drive shaft fit exactly the way it did with the V6 rear end in there. Slip joint stayed in the same location. The V8 and V6 rubber couplers are the exact same as well. Nothing moved.

Chris
The V6 driveshaft is longer than the V8, considering the trans tailshaft is shorter and also on the rear pinion too. I just got some figures from SC2150 that are V6 = 54.0" collapsed and V8 = 51.5" collapsed. Also as per the Driveshaft Shop shafts are almost 5" difference of V6 vs. V8 (Remember solid 1pc driveshaft need to take into account the slide gap difference).

So, it does fit well with the V8 rear section shaft, but there is a considerable difference in lengths.
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:55 PM   #29
Chris-HPS
 
Chris-HPS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008Corvette
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ga
Posts: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP View Post
The V6 driveshaft is longer than the V8, considering the trans tailshaft is shorter and also on the rear pinion too. I just got some figures from SC2150 that are V6 = 54.0" collapsed and V8 = 51.5" collapsed. Also as per the Driveshaft Shop shafts are almost 5" difference of V6 vs. V8 (Remember solid 1pc driveshaft need to take into account the slide gap difference).

So, it does fit well with the V8 rear section shaft, but there is a considerable difference in lengths.

Maybe I miss quotee my statement. We swapped out the rear section from a V6 to a SS using the same V6 driveshaft. It fit perfectly.

Chris
Chris-HPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:01 PM   #30
Matt @ FSP

 
Matt @ FSP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 2,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-HPS View Post
Maybe I miss quotee my statement. We swapped out the rear section from a V6 to a SS using the same V6 driveshaft. It fit perfectly.

Chris
Gotcha.. From reading your post it looked like you had said they are the same length which is not right. The slip yoke is what's taking up the difference. This is fine for 9 out of 10 V6 guys, however, putting some power down I'd want it 100% correct
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.