Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #1
Camarogirl84

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT Hot Wheels Edition
Any TPW thoughts or experiences? Please share!

Hey everyone!

Noob here, so I ordered my 2013 2LT HWSE on 12/18 and I am somewhat discouraged to find out my TPW isn't even until 2/4.... that's a bit longer away than I was expecting!

I know the factory had a holiday shutdown and i'm aware that the HWSE wasn't going into production until this month, but cars were expected to hit dealerships at the end of the month and since my car is a "sold" order, my dealer told me I would have priority over stock models.

Anyone have any thoughts as to why such a long wait, or anyone who got theirs built before their TPW??

I would love some encouragement by now, was hoping to have my baby by the time school starts 1/19 but that was obviously a pipe dream, so then was hoping to have it by my birthday 2/18, now not even sure that's gonna happen!!

Camarogirl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:23 PM   #2
right to travel

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
so do ya want the truth or do ya want to hear something nice
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #3
Camarogirl84

Quote:
so do ya want the truth or do ya want to hear something nice
That would all depend, lol, even the truth can be stated nicely can't it?

Quite honestly I was aware it would take some time, but my dealer really had me under the impression that seeing my car in January was going to happen. Like I said, he said putting a deposit makes it a sold order and therefore it would have priority over stock orders.
So quite understandably, if he was just saying that to get the sale then i'm not too happy. Good things take time yes, but I would like to know realistically if I am looking at another 1-2 months or what? I was just hoping someone could share their experiences on how long their build took. But I imagine for everyone, that's going to be different.

Last edited by Camarogirl84; 01-10-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:09 PM   #4
LRJet35

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
That seems about average for an order date to TPW...I ordered mine in the first week of November and ended up with a1/7 TPW, plus I think the holidays pushed everything back a little for the first couple months of the year. Mine was placed as a sold order as well. Not sure why your dealer would tell you you'd have it within a month or so of ordering, not sure if that's realistic at any time of the year. If your TPW is 2/4 I would say realistically plan on another3 weeks to a month after that for delivery...

I sure it's probably not what you're wanting to hear, but sounds like your dealer may have sugar coated the time line a little to get the sale...
LRJet35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:23 PM   #5
2ss-booya

Drives: 2013 ZL1 CRT 6M
Send a message via Skype™ to 2ss-booya
it could be worse...i ordered my car in July of last year and waited in line for allocation. My order got pulled in November for a 12/31 TPW. In mid december, news got around of the plant closing for longer than was expected, and low and behold, my tpw got pushed to 2/11. However, not sure if just dumb luck or dealer was able to pull strings, my tpw is now 1/14.

so my thought is, your tpw sounds normal considering the amount of orders that were pushed.. (some from 12/17 were pushed to 1/7). Like everyone says, it's well worth the wait.
2ss-booya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #6
Camarogirl84

Quote:
That seems about average for an order date to TPW...
After doing some more research... I think you are right LRJet35

Quote:
it could be worse...i ordered my car in July of last year and waited in line for allocation. My order got pulled in November for a 12/31 TPW. In mid december, news got around of the plant closing for longer than was expected, and low and behold, my tpw got pushed to 2/11. However, not sure if just dumb luck or dealer was able to pull strings, my tpw is now 1/14.
Wow, that's a bummer to hear, I can't imagine being pushed back that far! But yeah I can see why my dealer said what he did. Then again, perhaps he just really didn't have a clue what to expect either.

Another thing that's bugging me about getting the new one though, is that my current vehicle is starting to die a quick and painful death. I don't know how much longer I can keep it running, it's a 97 Ford Explorer. If only the hubby would let me drive his 68 SS, I would be happy and content til mine comes in! :party0038:

As much as the wait is killing me now, I'm sure I will be quite happy in the end.

Thanks everyone!!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:57 PM   #7
right to travel

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
TPW plus a month is average but if there are constraints or QC holds then it will be longer. Its a new package so there may be extra waiting time
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #8
DagoCountyGee

Drives: 2013 BRM Camaro 1LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarogirl84 View Post
After doing some more research... I think you are right LRJet35

Wow, that's a bummer to hear, I can't imagine being pushed back that far! But yeah I can see why my dealer said what he did. Then again, perhaps he just really didn't have a clue what to expect either.

Another thing that's bugging me about getting the new one though, is that my current vehicle is starting to die a quick and painful death. I don't know how much longer I can keep it running, it's a 97 Ford Explorer. If only the hubby would let me drive his 68 SS, I would be happy and content til mine comes in! :party0038:

As much as the wait is killing me now, I'm sure I will be quite happy in the end.

Thanks everyone!!
We had a 97 explorer. So many problems with it lol
DagoCountyGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #9
Camarogirl84

Quote:
We had a 97 explorer. So many problems with it lol
Tell me about it!

I bought it used about 6 years ago and in all truth I love having a small SUV, but the first repairs over a few years were costly for flushes, new wiring, new belts, brake pads, rotors, ball joints, bearings and engine mounts, then a new battery...

Then just a few months ago I had to shell out on a new transfer case when my tranny got stuck into 4wd, I couldn't get past 2nd gear, that was expensive!

Then last week I needed all new spark plugs, wiring and battery cable connectors (for the second time in 1 year) because cylinders 3 and 4 were mis-firing....

then 2 days later my alternator went kapoop! Now, after another 3 days something seems off with the timing and I just can't put my finger on it.

It is on it's way to a well-deserved grave I think, but for the time being I need to keep it running til my new baby gets here, and I have never been as obsessed with anything as I am with my soon-to-be Camaro!!!

Old 01-11-2013, 08:59 AM   #10
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
That would all depend, lol, even the truth can be stated nicely can't it?

Quite honestly I was aware it would take some time, but my dealer really had me under the impression that seeing my car in January was going to happen. Like I said, he said putting a deposit makes it a sold order and therefore it would have priority over stock orders.
So quite understandably, if he was just saying that to get the sale then i'm not too happy. Good things take time yes, but I would like to know realistically if I am looking at another 1-2 months or what? I was just hoping someone could share their experiences on how long their build took. But I imagine for everyone, that's going to be different.
Congratulations on the new order and you definitely sound very excited about it. If you would like, please send me your order number and I will be more than happy to check the status for you.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:23 AM   #11
Camarogirl84

Hi Brandon, Yes I am very excited!!!! I am a woman on a mission, LOL!

Becky checked my order for me in the status thread, but you are more than welcome to check again, probably won't be any change though. She had me at 3000 and TPW of 2/4. I am thinking I will check again next week to see if anything has changed, you never know. But thank you for the offer!!

QTKSC5 in KS.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #12
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Hi Brandon, Yes I am very excited!!!! I am a woman on a mission, LOL!

Becky checked my order for me in the status thread, but you are more than welcome to check again, probably won't be any change though. She had me at 3000 and TPW of 2/4. I am thinking I will check again next week to see if anything has changed, you never know. But thank you for the offer!!

QTKSC5 in KS.

Oh, that Becky! She is very helpful. If you want to check with me next week, you can.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #13
Fish-man
SS HWSE

Drives: too many to say!
Quote:
Hey everyone!

Noob here, so I ordered my 2013 2LT HWSE on 12/18 and I am somewhat discouraged to find out my TPW isn't even until 2/4.... that's a bit longer away than I was expecting!

I know the factory had a holiday shutdown and i'm aware that the HWSE wasn't going into production until this month, but cars were expected to hit dealerships at the end of the month and since my car is a "sold" order, my dealer told me I would have priority over stock models.

Anyone have any thoughts as to why such a long wait, or anyone who got theirs built before their TPW??

I would love some encouragement by now, was hoping to have my baby by the time school starts 1/19 but that was obviously a pipe dream, so then was hoping to have it by my birthday 2/18, now not even sure that's gonna happen!!

I ordered my HWSE 2SS end of NOV... my TPW is 1/21. I have not heard of any TPW for HWSE sooner than mine.

I do think there is an upfitter involved with this one... so it gets built in Oshawa- goes to upfitter not far away- goes back to the plant, then gets on a train. If your TPW is 2/4, I would not expect to see the car much before end of Feb. Your dealer probably based his est on 'regular' cars he's done...
Fish-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:39 PM   #14
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-man View Post
I ordered my HWSE 2SS end of NOV... my TPW is 1/21. I have not heard of any TPW for HWSE sooner than mine.

I do think there is an upfitter involved with this one... so it gets built in Oshawa- goes to upfitter not far away- goes back to the plant, then gets on a train. If your TPW is 2/4, I would not expect to see the car much before end of Feb. Your dealer probably based his est on 'regular' cars he's done...
Correct. Special editions, and even normal cars that just get stripes have to go off site, then come back, then get on a train. And you have a 7-14 days of train travel typically.

Mine had a rail car issue and say for 5 extra days somewhere in michigan while the rail car was fixed.

You never know!
Old 01-11-2013, 11:43 PM   #15
Camarogirl84

Quote:

Ooohhh.... I did not know that.

Thank you for the valuable info Fish-Man, that actually makes a lot of sense and I don't feel so bad about my TPW now. All good things in due time I suppose!

Old 01-15-2013, 01:37 PM   #16
Grey Ghost

Drives: 2013 HWSE 2SS
Chevy stated that the Hot Wheels Special edition would be in production from January 2013 to June 2013. I know we are all excited when we want our new shiney things but they did state January for production start, so feb TPW's are pretty good.

My dealer is still trying to get an allocation allowance for mine. They told me it should go through in a few days. So for sure I won't see mine until April now hopefully.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #17
2013Sizzler

Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Camaro Conv.
I ordered mine last Friday. Called the dealer today to get an update. Haven't heard back yet. I'm pretty stoked up about this (as is everyone I've shown pictures to).
2013Sizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:31 AM   #18
Grey Ghost

Drives: 2013 HWSE 2SS
Got my order number on 1/14/13.