Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

USA - California The Golden State

Old 06-12-2009, 12:39 AM   #1
niko_lanzi

Drives: 2007 Mustang
Anyone order from Courtesy Chevrolet in San Deigo?

I ordered mine from Courtesy Chevrolet in San Diego. Has anyone else? I went by today and they had a black ss on the showroom and an orange one in the back.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:16 PM   #2
Soulr˙che

Drives: 2lt Camaro
Ballpark pricing?

thanks
Soulr˙che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:38 PM   #3
bluecamaroguy

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS ABM!
Do they have allocations?
bluecamaroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:30 PM   #4
niko_lanzi

I don't know if they have allocations or not. My dad built the car wash there so they let me order one late but they are trying to charge me $2500 over MSRP and I'm not happy about that. I was wondering what other people were paying there.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:13 PM   #5
Soulr˙che

Drives: 2lt Camaro
nice of them to go out of their way to order you one only to bend you over and say.. ok.. and about that msrp.. we're going to have to modify that alittle.. for our time and effort.."oh am i being to rough on you.. have a drink".. sheesh.. its one thing to get a order in and mark it over (who ever made a non joke at the expense of a car dealer) but to order a car for someone and THEN mark it over.. sheesh..

/soul
Soulr˙che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:27 PM   #6
SLVRPHX
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I ordered from Courtesy beginning of April and they verbally said $1500 over MSRP, but got nothing in writing and didn't know about allocations etc. After reading the forums I got worried. So stopped by Bob Stall the beginning of May when they had their dealer car out. Got MSRP in writing from them and they had received some more allocations. Called Courtesy, they weren't willing to match pricing and I was still on the wait list for allocations, so I cancelled with them and got my deposit back. With that said, I'm glad I got MSRP in writing from Bob Stall, cause I stopped by this weekend and they had a SIM 2SS/RS where the orginal order fell through and it they had a $5K "market adjustment" on it.
4200: 7/24/09 | 6000: 8/6/09
SLVRPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:53 PM   #7
niko_lanzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVRPHX View Post
I ordered from Courtesy beginning of April and they verbally said $1500 over MSRP, but got nothing in writing and didn't know about allocations etc. After reading the forums I got worried. So stopped by Bob Stall the beginning of May when they had their dealer car out. Got MSRP in writing from them and they had received some more allocations. Called Courtesy, they weren't willing to match pricing and I was still on the wait list for allocations, so I cancelled with them and got my deposit back. With that said, I'm glad I got MSRP in writing from Bob Stall, cause I stopped by this weekend and they had a SIM 2SS/RS where the orginal order fell through and it they had a $5K "market adjustment" on it.
Courtesy told me they were charging everyone $5000 over but would give it to me for $2500 over. My car got in to the dealership today so I'm going to see what I can do about getting them to knock it down. I really hope they do there are so many dealers out there willing to sell at MSRP I feel like I'm getting screwed but don't want to wait another 12 weeks or more.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:13 PM   #8
bouncertime
Miller High Life

Drives: 2009 Silverado and 2007 Cobalt SS
I stopped by Bob Baker Chevy in El Cajon today, cause they had a silver 2SS out front. They had it marked up $5300. It wasn't even an RS.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:49 AM   #9
CreeperRS

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by niko_lanzi View Post
I don't know if they have allocations or not. My dad built the car wash there so they let me order one late but they are trying to charge me $2500 over MSRP and I'm not happy about that. I was wondering what other people were paying there.
Jimmy Johnson Chevy in Clairemont, @ MSRP only!!!!!! Placed my order back in 6/20, it has a TWP of 8/3.
CreeperRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:01 AM   #10
DET MSCL
Camaro Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Send a message via MSN to DET MSCL Send a message via Yahoo to DET MSCL Send a message via Skype™ to DET MSCL
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeperRS View Post
Jimmy Johnson Chevy in Clairemont, @ MSRP only!!!!!! Placed my order back in 6/20, it has a TWP of 8/3.
I ordered mine from Jimmy Johnson Chevrolet in Kearny Mesa back in October 2008 and never asked whether or not they had a markup. From the very beginning, I had the feeling they were not gougers, and it turned out to be true! I could not be happier with how they treated me, and I was one who had to wait 10 weeks from the time I knew my SS was built (I was the Dealership's #1 order submitted), until it finally arrived and I took delivery.

Say "hi" to Emilio (one of the two Sales Managers) for me...if there are no quality issues with your Camaro, you should see it in ~2 weeks after it's build date! Let me know when you "get the call" so I can stop by!

2010 Victory Red 2SS ~ Black Leather ~ Cyber Grey Rally Stripes ~ Auto ~ SunRoof ~ Polished 20s, VIN: 102432

Ordered: 10/16/2008, Built: 4/3/2009, On The Rail: 5/21/2009, Departed Michigan: 6/1/2009, Delivered: 6/11/2009
DET MSCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:14 PM   #11
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
I ordered mine from Courtesy chevy and I am getting MSRP. They tried, and did, screw me on the GM Supplier discount. Said I could use it on an order, and then was told by their general manager that GM was stopping the program on all cars starting 8/1! I called GM and they said that was untrue and he said they should call them to verify. When I confronted them, and gave them GM's contact number for the discounts, they never answered me and are just stalling in answering now because they know it's not true. They have No allocations though and they're charging $3K+ on ones coming in.

I was told I'd be called when the black SS came in, which was supposed to be next week. Reading this, I know it's now in, and no call...In waiting - forever - I'm supposedly getting MSRP. I do have it in writing as well as and "order" number...I don't fully trust them though - already paid my $1K deposit and they have already approved me for financing - but I'm going on my own as I know it'll be cheaper...I've seen/heard/read dealers say that, even in writing, then gouge the person after they've waited 6 months for a car!

Hmm, when I called Jimmy Johnson Chevrolet in Kearny Mesa, they told me they wouldn't do MSRP, so I wrote them off. I'll have to call them again tomorrow...

Last edited by Michael_Js; 08-09-2009 at 11:32 PM.
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:17 PM   #12
SLVRPHX
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Picked up from Bob Stall last Thursday, got GMS employee pricing. When I ordered they gave me GMS in writing, but said they were only honoring it on a case by case basis. (I got my last vehicle from them)
4200: 7/24/09 | 6000: 8/6/09
SLVRPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:09 PM   #13
CreeperRS

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DET MSCL View Post
I ordered mine from Jimmy Johnson Chevrolet in Kearny Mesa back in October 2008 and never asked whether or not they had a markup. From the very beginning, I had the feeling they were not gougers, and it turned out to be true! I could not be happier with how they treated me, and I was one who had to wait 10 weeks from the time I knew my SS was built (I was the Dealership's #1 order submitted), until it finally arrived and I took delivery.

Say "hi" to Emilio (one of the two Sales Managers) for me...if there are no quality issues with your Camaro, you should see it in ~2 weeks after it's build date! Let me know when you "get the call" so I can stop by!
You're right it's in Kearny Mesa, Clairemont is just down the street. Yeah. JJChevy they're good people. Ill post when I get the call.
CreeperRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:34 PM   #14
cshaw2049

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT / RS M6 ABM
I ordered from Quality in Escondido. I received mine in July at MSRP. They are marking up the ones they get for the lot, but if you order it is at MSRP. Overall a very good buying experience. I don't know if they have any allocation or not though.
cshaw2049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:27 AM   #15
2010SSRSM6
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
I went in to dis-courteous chevrolet prior to ordering my Camaro from Paradise in Temecula. Saleman was a tool. I pulled up in a Benz and was treated like I couldn't afford the Camaro. Pissed me off. Had ZERO info on any aspect of the buying process, and wouldn't ask. I found a different salesmen and was told they would be taking a minimum of $5K over MSRP on all their allocation.
I talked to Bob Stall and got a wierd feeling. That was where my last Camaro came from and wanted to give them a chance to earn my business. They failed.

Needless to say I went to Paradise Chevrolet in Temecula and couldn't be happier. They are consistantly rated in the top 3 in CA for sales and customer satisfaction. they have been given a HUGE allocation of cars and they are very professional. No problems what so ever with the entire buying process. If your looking for a great place to buy, give Becky or Lenny (fleet sales managers) a chance to earn your business. You wont regret it.