Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2009, 12:39 AM   #1
niko_lanzi
 
niko_lanzi's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Mustang
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 74
Anyone order from Courtesy Chevrolet in San Deigo?

I ordered mine from Courtesy Chevrolet in San Diego. Has anyone else? I went by today and they had a black ss on the showroom and an orange one in the back.
__________________
Ordered 2SS, Manual, Black Exterior with Black Interior
niko_lanzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:16 PM   #2
Soulr˙che
 
Soulr˙che's Avatar
 
Drives: 2lt Camaro
Join Date: May 2009
Location: So CAl
Posts: 87
Ballpark pricing?

thanks
Soulr˙che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:38 PM   #3
bluecamaroguy
 
bluecamaroguy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS ABM!
Join Date: May 2009
Location: san diego
Posts: 254
Do they have allocations?
bluecamaroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:30 PM   #4
niko_lanzi
 
niko_lanzi's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Mustang
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 74
I don't know if they have allocations or not. My dad built the car wash there so they let me order one late but they are trying to charge me $2500 over MSRP and I'm not happy about that. I was wondering what other people were paying there.
__________________
Ordered 2SS, Manual, Black Exterior with Black Interior
niko_lanzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:13 PM   #5
Soulr˙che
 
Soulr˙che's Avatar
 
Drives: 2lt Camaro
Join Date: May 2009
Location: So CAl
Posts: 87
nice of them to go out of their way to order you one only to bend you over and say.. ok.. and about that msrp.. we're going to have to modify that alittle.. for our time and effort.."oh am i being to rough on you.. have a drink".. sheesh.. its one thing to get a order in and mark it over (who ever made a non joke at the expense of a car dealer) but to order a car for someone and THEN mark it over.. sheesh..

/soul
Soulr˙che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:27 PM   #6
SLVRPHX
SoCal C5 Family Member
 
SLVRPHX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: May 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 145
I ordered from Courtesy beginning of April and they verbally said $1500 over MSRP, but got nothing in writing and didn't know about allocations etc. After reading the forums I got worried. So stopped by Bob Stall the beginning of May when they had their dealer car out. Got MSRP in writing from them and they had received some more allocations. Called Courtesy, they weren't willing to match pricing and I was still on the wait list for allocations, so I cancelled with them and got my deposit back. With that said, I'm glad I got MSRP in writing from Bob Stall, cause I stopped by this weekend and they had a SIM 2SS/RS where the orginal order fell through and it they had a $5K "market adjustment" on it.
__________________
1LT RS Auto SIM Gray C&C BA, JBA Axle Back
1100: 5/8/09 | 3000: 5/27/09 | TPW: 7/13/09
3800: 7/22/09 VIN 126623
4200: 7/24/09 | 6000: 8/6/09
SLVRPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:53 PM   #7
niko_lanzi
 
niko_lanzi's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Mustang
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVRPHX View Post
I ordered from Courtesy beginning of April and they verbally said $1500 over MSRP, but got nothing in writing and didn't know about allocations etc. After reading the forums I got worried. So stopped by Bob Stall the beginning of May when they had their dealer car out. Got MSRP in writing from them and they had received some more allocations. Called Courtesy, they weren't willing to match pricing and I was still on the wait list for allocations, so I cancelled with them and got my deposit back. With that said, I'm glad I got MSRP in writing from Bob Stall, cause I stopped by this weekend and they had a SIM 2SS/RS where the orginal order fell through and it they had a $5K "market adjustment" on it.
Courtesy told me they were charging everyone $5000 over but would give it to me for $2500 over. My car got in to the dealership today so I'm going to see what I can do about getting them to knock it down. I really hope they do there are so many dealers out there willing to sell at MSRP I feel like I'm getting screwed but don't want to wait another 12 weeks or more.
__________________
Ordered 2SS, Manual, Black Exterior with Black Interior
niko_lanzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:13 PM   #8
bouncertime
Miller High Life
 
bouncertime's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Silverado and 2007 Cobalt SS
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,197
I stopped by Bob Baker Chevy in El Cajon today, cause they had a silver 2SS out front. They had it marked up $5300. It wasn't even an RS.
__________________
Jimmy
bouncertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:49 AM   #9
CreeperRS
 
CreeperRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by niko_lanzi View Post
I don't know if they have allocations or not. My dad built the car wash there so they let me order one late but they are trying to charge me $2500 over MSRP and I'm not happy about that. I was wondering what other people were paying there.
Jimmy Johnson Chevy in Clairemont, @ MSRP only!!!!!! Placed my order back in 6/20, it has a TWP of 8/3.
CreeperRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:01 AM   #10
DET MSCL
Camaro Enthusiast
 
DET MSCL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 512
Send a message via MSN to DET MSCL Send a message via Yahoo to DET MSCL Send a message via Skype™ to DET MSCL
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeperRS View Post
Jimmy Johnson Chevy in Clairemont, @ MSRP only!!!!!! Placed my order back in 6/20, it has a TWP of 8/3.
I ordered mine from Jimmy Johnson Chevrolet in Kearny Mesa back in October 2008 and never asked whether or not they had a markup. From the very beginning, I had the feeling they were not gougers, and it turned out to be true! I could not be happier with how they treated me, and I was one who had to wait 10 weeks from the time I knew my SS was built (I was the Dealership's #1 order submitted), until it finally arrived and I took delivery.

Say "hi" to Emilio (one of the two Sales Managers) for me...if there are no quality issues with your Camaro, you should see it in ~2 weeks after it's build date! Let me know when you "get the call" so I can stop by!
__________________
- Mike

2010 Victory Red 2SS ~ Black Leather ~ Cyber Grey Rally Stripes ~ Auto ~ SunRoof ~ Polished 20s, VIN: 102432


Ordered: 10/16/2008, Built: 4/3/2009, On The Rail: 5/21/2009, Departed Michigan: 6/1/2009, Delivered: 6/11/2009
DET MSCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:14 PM   #11
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member
 
Michael_Js's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 5,306
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
I ordered mine from Courtesy chevy and I am getting MSRP. They tried, and did, screw me on the GM Supplier discount. Said I could use it on an order, and then was told by their general manager that GM was stopping the program on all cars starting 8/1! I called GM and they said that was untrue and he said they should call them to verify. When I confronted them, and gave them GM's contact number for the discounts, they never answered me and are just stalling in answering now because they know it's not true. They have No allocations though and they're charging $3K+ on ones coming in.

I was told I'd be called when the black SS came in, which was supposed to be next week. Reading this, I know it's now in, and no call...In waiting - forever - I'm supposedly getting MSRP. I do have it in writing as well as and "order" number...I don't fully trust them though - already paid my $1K deposit and they have already approved me for financing - but I'm going on my own as I know it'll be cheaper...I've seen/heard/read dealers say that, even in writing, then gouge the person after they've waited 6 months for a car!

Hmm, when I called Jimmy Johnson Chevrolet in Kearny Mesa, they told me they wouldn't do MSRP, so I wrote them off. I'll have to call them again tomorrow...

Last edited by Michael_Js; 08-09-2009 at 11:32 PM.
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:17 PM   #12
SLVRPHX
SoCal C5 Family Member
 
SLVRPHX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: May 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 145
Picked up from Bob Stall last Thursday, got GMS employee pricing. When I ordered they gave me GMS in writing, but said they were only honoring it on a case by case basis. (I got my last vehicle from them)
__________________
1LT RS Auto SIM Gray C&C BA, JBA Axle Back
1100: 5/8/09 | 3000: 5/27/09 | TPW: 7/13/09
3800: 7/22/09 VIN 126623
4200: 7/24/09 | 6000: 8/6/09
SLVRPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:09 PM   #13
CreeperRS
 
CreeperRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by DET MSCL View Post
I ordered mine from Jimmy Johnson Chevrolet in Kearny Mesa back in October 2008 and never asked whether or not they had a markup. From the very beginning, I had the feeling they were not gougers, and it turned out to be true! I could not be happier with how they treated me, and I was one who had to wait 10 weeks from the time I knew my SS was built (I was the Dealership's #1 order submitted), until it finally arrived and I took delivery.

Say "hi" to Emilio (one of the two Sales Managers) for me...if there are no quality issues with your Camaro, you should see it in ~2 weeks after it's build date! Let me know when you "get the call" so I can stop by!
You're right it's in Kearny Mesa, Clairemont is just down the street. Yeah. JJChevy they're good people. Ill post when I get the call.
CreeperRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:34 PM   #14
cshaw2049
 
cshaw2049's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT / RS M6 ABM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 136
I ordered from Quality in Escondido. I received mine in July at MSRP. They are marking up the ones they get for the lot, but if you order it is at MSRP. Overall a very good buying experience. I don't know if they have any allocation or not though.
cshaw2049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Think about this and the Z28 5th gen 13F20 Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 41 09-04-2010 12:59 AM
Did you get an order # or any refernce for your pre-order? D1BADZ Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 21 05-22-2009 05:39 PM
Camaro Order / Dealer Feelgood Story RPO_Z28 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 7 04-11-2009 02:47 PM
UPCOMING CAMARO IMPORTANT DATES CamaroScotty 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 125 01-11-2009 12:31 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.