Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:41 AM   #1
Ken_
Tally Ho!

Drives: 13 2SS/RS 6M, 05 Mitsubishi Evo 8
Average dealer pricing '13 2SS Full Options

Hey folks. Just a quick question on what average price you guys are seeing for a '13 2SS with full options in the USA. Right now here in Kuwait, walk away price after conversion to US $ is approx $50,000. The price of US spec '11-'12 1SS/2SS sold by private dealers here averages $33-$37,000. That's a huge gap.

Of course, used means I have no warranty package and a few other things, and the Chevy dealer here is saying the US spec models suffer from heat management issues in the hotter periods of the year. I gotta say that this statement deserves a challenge. Anyway, that's why they make aftermarket radiators for and some fans with more CFM and of course I am sure the oil weight needs to be changed up in addition to an oil cooler.

Back to the OT, is $50K way too much for a '13 2SS? I'm in Kuwait, and I don't have the option of USA pricing (of course I could be in Australia and paying something close to $70K, so I won't bitch). Would I be better off going the used "import" route and taking a US spec 2SS for $13K-$17K less (buyer beware; no recourse)
Ken_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:50 AM   #2
AJLemieux

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS Hurst
I just bought a 2013 2ss with everything. Sticker was $40,825.
AJLemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:53 AM   #3
Ken_
Tally Ho!

Congrats! That was with tax and everything figured in?
Old 01-11-2013, 07:03 AM   #4
pwrmanpaul66
silverback

Drives: 2013 2SS RS LS3 Black on black
I got mine for $39,800.00
Old 01-11-2013, 07:32 AM   #5
Ken_
Tally Ho!

Rock on! Man... anyway, I guess I'll have to suck it up and power through. You got the one I want pwrmanpaul66 as far as the color options are concerned. 6M, right?
Old 01-11-2013, 07:45 AM   #6
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Just purchased a 13 2SS/RS auto with navigation on Nov 21 for $37,750 ($38,767 out the door).

Last edited by nyrfan; 01-11-2013 at 09:54 AM.
nyrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:50 AM   #7
camaro-dreamer

Drives: 2008 Maxima/ 2011 Mustang GT
It is entirely possible to bring a 2013 2SS/RS/1LE with every option up to a nearly $50,000 sticker before taxes.
camaro-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:53 AM   #8
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: ZL1#206 (Sold) 6th Gen!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro-dreamer View Post
It is entirely possible to bring a 2013 2SS/RS/1LE with every option up to a nearly $50,000 sticker before taxes.
It's very possible, keyword is "every option".
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:01 AM   #9
camaro-dreamer

Drives: 2008 Maxima/ 2011 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
It's very possible, keyword is "every option".
From my interpretation of the OP, that is what he wanted. I am actually surprised that there is not a bigger gap in price between what he was quoted and what is being paid in the US. Typically, the prices here are much cheaper than many other places in the world.
camaro-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:55 AM   #10
Ken_
Tally Ho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro-dreamer View Post
From my interpretation of the OP, that is what he wanted. I am actually surprised that there is not a bigger gap in price between what he was quoted and what is being paid in the US. Typically, the prices here are much cheaper than many other places in the world.
At least I don't feel so bad now. These things here are loaded.

Either way I go (US spec or Middle East spec), I'm putting down a considerable chunk of money just to keep the payments reasonable. I had the discussion with my wife this morning, and she did weigh in warranty package (minus brake pads), three years full coverage insurance, and a few other bennies the dealer put down in writing that we would get if we purchase our SS through them. Additionally, they sell more V6s here than the V8s because of the sticker price, and a lot of the people who buy the Camaro here just want it for the look and could probably care less about performance. I can't go that route. I just don't want to own something that everybody knows is supposed to come with power, and thank God my wife understands that and the difference between power and looking like you have power.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:52 AM   #11
tcalh1

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Got my 2013 SS/RS Automatic loaded with navigation for $41,200 total ( Tax tag and title) back in September.
tcalh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #12
Silver-SS

Drives: 2012 2SS RS
My 2012 was stickered at 44.
Silver-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:01 AM   #13
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJLemieux View Post
I just bought a 2013 2ss with everything. Sticker was $40,825.
Congratulations! What is your favorite feature so far on it?

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:32 AM   #14
Ken_
Tally Ho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Congratulations! What is your favorite feature so far on it?

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Brandon, maybe you know the differences between a US spec and a Middle East/export spec 2SS? Your information provided can make a serious difference for me.

I'd love to be able to say "Thank you! My favorite feature(s) is/are_______."
Old 01-11-2013, 11:43 AM   #15
BlueRay-J

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Convertible
I paid around 43k for my 2ss/rs/auto/nav/convertible

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
BlueRay-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:36 PM   #16
Ken_
Tally Ho!

Well, I'll know tomorrow afternoon which way I am going to go, but even then, I have to work it all out in my head and convince myself that I won't get butt raped when I put the pen to the contract, and I am just hoping that the Camaro SS I get makes me feel great every time I get in it.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:13 PM   #17
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Are you in the Service ? If so for how long? 50k is quite a bit to spend , Maybe you could have a friend form here buy it and have it shipped to you , You might save 5k or so? If not and you are going to be there for a few years then Hell Yes , Once you climb in that baby you are going to love it. Good Luck and if you are serving , THANK YOU!!!!!
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:08 PM   #18
slim-n-none

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS RS M6 (sold)
Just bought a 2ss/rs a week ago. Has everything but sunroof, and sticker was 41k. We got them down to 37 and change.
slim-n-none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #19
yellowrs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS 426 V8 M/T
[QUOTE=Ken_;6021517]

Chevy dealer here is saying the US spec models suffer from heat management issues in the hotter periods of the year QUOTE]

Hmmm, I live in Scottsdale Arizona where the summers are unbearable.
Never had an issues with the heat so your dealer is talking crap.
Nowadays cars are tested in extreme hot and cold climates before being release to the public.
Good luck with your purchase.
yellowrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:39 PM   #20
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
The import tax is how much? Buddies used to ship thier cars to the us from europe for $2,000 back in the early eighties I can only imagine how much it is now. My 2013 2ss/rs coupe with crystal red tint coat paint, heritage grill, dual mode exhaust, sunroof, footwell lighting, premium wheels and clear bra- manual for about $42,000, so maybe the price is not that bad if you have alot of options for what you are looking at and a 1le limits the other options you can get some. How ever you could probably save a bundle used and the warranty transfers til the milege of the car is over the limit or the years are up. Some times you can get certified used or get a extended warranty on it, bumper to bumper on new for a couple grand if you haggle to get the warranty up to 7 years.....

Good luck
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:50 PM   #21
Bad@ssCamaro
Rogers' Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_ View Post

Chevy dealer here is saying the US spec models suffer from heat management issues in the hotter periods of the year

Nowadays cars are tested in extreme hot and cold climates before being release to the public.
The Chevy dealer in Kuwait was more likely talking about the Camaro ZL1 heat soak issues.
1976 LT Black/White 305 V8 (Bone Stock) except for Cragar chrome rims (yep - #2)
1985 Z-28 Black/Black 305 L69 M5(Bone Stock) I know: slow

Current Camaro:
2015 CRT 1SS/1LE RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
CAFE STANDARDS! Get used to them or vote our electeds in Washington out of office...........
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:58 AM   #22
Ken_
Tally Ho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
Are you in the Service ? If so for how long? 50k is quite a bit to spend , Maybe you could have a friend form here buy it and have it shipped to you , You might save 5k or so? If not and you are going to be there for a few years then Hell Yes , Once you climb in that baby you are going to love it. Good Luck and if you are serving , THANK YOU!!!!!
I'm not in the service, but I did proudly serve. The best thing that ever happened for me and it got me in the direction I wanted to go.

I looked into the Kuwait rules on imports, and because I am not Kuwaiti, I have to have a Kuwaiti bring it in for me in his or her name. That isn't going to happen because I have heard some horror stories of people getting their cars jacked out from under them. So, buying in the USA and shipping isn't an option.

We plan on being here for quite some time, and yes, I truly hope to be loving the ride once I get in my soon-to-be Ken Camaro 2SS
Old 01-12-2013, 02:03 AM   #23
Ken_
Tally Ho!

[QUOTE=yellowrs;6024155]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_ View Post

Chevy dealer here is saying the US spec models suffer from heat management issues in the hotter periods of the year QUOTE]

I had a feeling that the dealer was blowing smoke, and if the US specs running around here were suffering heat management issues, I don't think the private guys would be buying them up as they do and selling them here. By the way, the majority of the US spec models are from Texas and Louisiana. The guys were able to provide me CARFAX on the cars I have looked at.

By the way, the summertime temps here can reach 135 F in the day and 115 F at night (it's a dry heat). Everybody knows it's stupid to try to put the foot in at those temps.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:08 AM   #24
Ken_
Tally Ho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
The import tax is how much? Buddies used to ship thier cars to the us from europe for $2,000 back in the early eighties I can only imagine how much it is now. My 2013 2ss/rs coupe with crystal red tint coat paint, heritage grill, dual mode exhaust, sunroof, footwell lighting, premium wheels and clear bra- manual for about $42,000, so maybe the price is not that bad if you have alot of options for what you are looking at and a 1le limits the other options you can get some. How ever you could probably save a bundle used and the warranty transfers til the milege of the car is over the limit or the years are up. Some times you can get certified used or get a extended warranty on it, bumper to bumper on new for a couple grand if you haggle to get the warranty up to 7 years.....

Good luck
I can save a bundle buying used, but the dealer here doesn't honor any existing warranties on US spec cars brought in. If I take it back to the USA, that could be a different story. Most have less than 5,000 miles on them, but I'm not going back to the States anytime soon. The whole decision process now is buy used US spec, save a grip of cash or buy local at the dealer for a higher price, but backed by a 3 year warranty, 3 years full coverage (included), and some free bennies (clear bra, tinting, licensing/registration). Decisions, decisions...
Old 01-12-2013, 02:09 AM   #25
Ken_
Tally Ho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
The Chevy dealer in Kuwait was more likely talking about the Camaro ZL1 heat soak issues.
There were three ZL1s brought to Kuwait by the Chevy dealer. We also have a Hennessy new from the Chevy dealer

Last edited by Ken_; 01-12-2013 at 12:40 PM. Reason: ZL1 WAS brought to Kuwait in a group of three; may be the last ones until next year.