Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > ZL1 Wheels/Tires


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #18
ZL1-V

 
ZL1-V's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,047
This is the first car with wheels (black 10 spokes) I have not wanted to the change when first purchased. I have owned many aftermarket wheels before.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:06 PM   #19
Skylane765
Splitter washers, jack pd

 
Skylane765's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 Z/28, Challenger Hellcat, C7ZO6
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp ZL1 View Post
This is the first car with wheels (black 10 spokes) I have not wanted to the change when first purchased. I have owned many aftermarket wheels before.
GM blew it. They could of got a premium for the blk wheels and not the bright ones. That is why they where on constraint I would guess.
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:14 PM   #20
mkorgan
 
Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sanford, Fl
Posts: 486
Kind of off topic but a funny story of my ZL1 purchase...

When I went to the dealer to buy my IOM ZL1 it had the upgraded rims on it. They had a black ZL1 in next to it with the black rims and I told them if they would swap the rims I would buy it, they said No. The next day, a guy came in and wanted the black one with the rims that were on the IOM. The dealership called me and said if we both bought the cars they would swap the wheels before we drove off. I called the guy and he gave me $1,100 bucks and we bought both cars and had the wheels swapped within the hour. Different strokes for different folks.
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:40 PM   #21
Skylane765
Splitter washers, jack pd

 
Skylane765's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 Z/28, Challenger Hellcat, C7ZO6
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkorgan View Post
Kind of off topic but a funny story of my ZL1 purchase...

When I went to the dealer to buy my IOM ZL1 it had the upgraded rims on it. They had a black ZL1 in next to it with the black rims and I told them if they would swap the rims I would buy it, they said No. The next day, a guy came in and wanted the black one with the rims that were on the IOM. The dealership called me and said if we both bought the cars they would swap the wheels before we drove off. I called the guy and he gave me $1,100 bucks and we bought both cars and had the wheels swapped within the hour. Different strokes for different folks.
Oh yes, I like the bright ones also. Some cars look good with them. I would like both, but the tires are too much to just keep around.
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:20 PM   #22
MIKE@TF
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Srt8 jeep,02 mustang gt,2009 ctsv
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Beaumont,tx
Posts: 120
From a distance will not look like a LS... It will look like a zL1 on some bad ass wheels..not everybody wants to look like every single other car made in that model.. Thats the reason people do wheels,lights,etc...I like the factory zL1 wheels as a factory wheel they cant be beat...but in the aftermarket wheel world their are alot of wheels that can make the zL1 look even better ..most just dont want to pay for them because they are content with the styling of the factory wheel..

Now if he hits a pothole of something happends,does a serious curb check or something... I can just shoot me out a new lip apposed of having to pay for a brand new wheel...

Now the car is ready for some go fast goodies
MIKE@TF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:34 PM   #23
Skylane765
Splitter washers, jack pd

 
Skylane765's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 Z/28, Challenger Hellcat, C7ZO6
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKE@TF View Post
From a distance will not look like a LS... It will look like a zL1 on some bad ass wheels..not everybody wants to look like every single other car made in that model.. Thats the reason people do wheels,lights,etc...I like the factory zL1 wheels as a factory wheel they cant be beat...but in the aftermarket wheel world their are alot of wheels that can make the zL1 look even better ..most just dont want to pay for them because they are content with the styling of the factory wheel..

Now if he hits a pothole of something happends,does a serious curb check or something... I can just shoot me out a new lip apposed of having to pay for a brand new wheel...

Now the car is ready for some go fast goodies
Yep all is different, I just like what I bought and what I bought was what I liked. That's why ordered and bought it.

The funny thing is, the stock wheels are harder to find then aftermarket at this time.
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:39 PM   #24
MIKE@TF
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Srt8 jeep,02 mustang gt,2009 ctsv
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Beaumont,tx
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylane765 View Post
Yep all is different, I just like what I bought and what I bought was what I liked. That's why ordered and bought it.

The funny thing is, the stock wheels are harder to find then aftermarket at this time.
Agree..aftermarket wheels not for everybody... And yep become hqrd to get...

I bet they will do like shelby with the alcoas and diecontinue them and brand new in the box sets will be sold for 4500 wheels alone (people are crazy lol..but people where buying them in a heart beat)lol.. hen they will release them again for a few sets and put a $799 a piece wheel price tag on them lol..
MIKE@TF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:31 AM   #25
jameslk55

 
jameslk55's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2LT/RS, 2005 SLK55 AMG
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Falls Church, VA
Posts: 1,165
I didn't mean the look of a LS as an insult. I think wheel design makes itself look smaller and the tires look more beefy than they are. Just not a fan of that fat tire look, protruding out past the fenders.
jameslk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:10 AM   #26
RJ111
 
RJ111's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 ZL1
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gastonia, N.C
Posts: 365
I'm a big fan of the Black ZL1 wheel myself.I think its the best looking OEM wheel GM has ever made.And I said the same thing when I bought the car,I wont change the wheels.But I have to say,after changing the wheels out,I think it looks a lot better,especially in person.Some people like the factory warranty,and dont chage anything on their cars.I mod mine,and cant leave it alone......(pulleys,headers,cam)
__________________
2013 Camaro ZL1,Victory Red # 441....SOLD
2013 Camaro ZL1, Summit White # 3071...SOLD
2015 Camaro ZL1, Summit White # 1325

Rotofab Cai,PCM cc,Kooks Headers,Cats delete,MF X pipe, ZLWin cam,upper/lower, Lingenfelter hx,715 hp,646 tq, BMR 1.25 Springs, Varro VD01 Wheels,
RJ111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #27
MIKE@TF
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Srt8 jeep,02 mustang gt,2009 ctsv
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Beaumont,tx
Posts: 120
Here are a few pics of wheels when they where ready to ship...


MIKE@TF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:11 PM   #28
Skylane765
Splitter washers, jack pd

 
Skylane765's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 Z/28, Challenger Hellcat, C7ZO6
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ111 View Post
I'm a big fan of the Black ZL1 wheel myself.I think its the best looking OEM wheel GM has ever made.And I said the same thing when I bought the car,I wont change the wheels.But I have to say,after changing the wheels out,I think it looks a lot better,especially in person.Some people like the factory warranty,and dont chage anything on their cars.I mod mine,and cant leave it alone......(pulleys,headers,cam)
Yep, you could repaint the car in a different color also to not be like others.

You kept your OEM wheels? Where they black?
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #29
RJ111
 
RJ111's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 ZL1
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gastonia, N.C
Posts: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylane765 View Post
Yep, you could repaint the car in a different color also to not be like others.

You kept your OEM wheels? Where they black?
I'm kinda partial to White......

I do have the Black OEM wheels,but I have them sold.

I'm going to buy another set of wheels for a drag radial setup.
__________________
2013 Camaro ZL1,Victory Red # 441....SOLD
2013 Camaro ZL1, Summit White # 3071...SOLD
2015 Camaro ZL1, Summit White # 1325

Rotofab Cai,PCM cc,Kooks Headers,Cats delete,MF X pipe, ZLWin cam,upper/lower, Lingenfelter hx,715 hp,646 tq, BMR 1.25 Springs, Varro VD01 Wheels,
RJ111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:00 PM   #30
12 ZL1 #1725

 
12 ZL1 #1725's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 Black 6M
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,119
How deep are the lip sizes on your rims.???
__________________
Sit Back and Enjoy The Ride!!
12 ZL1 #1725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:07 PM   #31
MIKE@TF
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Srt8 jeep,02 mustang gt,2009 ctsv
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Beaumont,tx
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12 ZL1 #1725 View Post
How deep are the lip sizes on your rims.???
front is about 3in approx..
rear is a lil more than 3.5in
MIKE@TF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:06 PM   #32
charlietuna

 
charlietuna's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,337
I think they look fantastic.
__________________
Laus Deo
charlietuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #33
1968SS/RS
 
Drives: 1968 SS/RS 396 and 2013 ZL-1
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 222
I think they look awsome!
1968SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:36 AM   #34
RJ111
 
RJ111's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 ZL1
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gastonia, N.C
Posts: 365
Thanks ! I'm happy with the way it turned out.


Hey Mike,when the weather clears, and I can get the sensors reset,I will get some professional pictures taken....
__________________
2013 Camaro ZL1,Victory Red # 441....SOLD
2013 Camaro ZL1, Summit White # 3071...SOLD
2015 Camaro ZL1, Summit White # 1325

Rotofab Cai,PCM cc,Kooks Headers,Cats delete,MF X pipe, ZLWin cam,upper/lower, Lingenfelter hx,715 hp,646 tq, BMR 1.25 Springs, Varro VD01 Wheels,
RJ111 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.