Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-13-2013, 04:58 PM   #1
mako22

Drives: 2017 HB 2SS
Thumbs up No-Commitment Rear Mods...

For someone that changes their mind a lot, these are some great cheap mods:

- Static-cling tail light blackouts: had to apply a few times before I got them to sit right, but they look great. They have a dot-matrix like surface which looks kind of cool lit up.

- Magnetic black rear panel - $20 on eBay, also comes without bowtie cutout. Love the fact i can take it off/on whenever.

- Plasti-dip bezels (tail and exhaust) - we all know about plasti-dip by now..

Totally changed the look of my car, flexibility is great! Now to tint that damn 3rd brake light

Old 01-13-2013, 05:09 PM   #2
iCamaro

Drives: 2012 LT RS Camaro
Looks great!
Old 01-13-2013, 05:12 PM   #3
Christok

Drives: 2011 v6 auto
nice
Old 01-13-2013, 05:47 PM   #4
rdblan2

Drives: 2SS RS
I'd watch that magnetic panel. If it moves around a bit and you have dust under there it won't be pretty.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:50 PM   #5
Bradrulz

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT IOM
How do you like the dovetail GM spoiler? I should be receiving mine on Friday. Still on the fence about installing. If I install I will do the trunck black out and err fascia blackout both out of vinyl. Was hoping Bigworm Grahix had this package but they don't.
MRT2.0 with Helmholtz Pipes, Cold Air Inductions CAI, 4-Pack Gauges, Flat Black Stripes, Added Spare Tire Kit, Elite Catch Can, Chrome 20" Wheels, HUD, ABL Doors, GM Dovetail, Matte Black Gills, Rear Fascia Blackout
Bradrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:08 PM   #6
mako22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradrulz View Post
How do you like the dovetail GM spoiler? I should be receiving mine on Friday. Still on the fence about installing. If I install I will do the trunck black out and err fascia blackout both out of vinyl. Was hoping Bigworm Grahix had this package but they don't.
I like it a lot - but also like the "Anvil" spoiler, tough choice...
Old 01-14-2013, 01:01 PM   #7
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Where'd you get the static-cling tailight blackouts? I like the idea of being able to just peel them off/on. Do they conform well to the curved surface without any wrinkles/bubbles?
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:13 PM   #8
mako22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy10SSRS View Post
Where'd you get the static-cling tailight blackouts? I like the idea of being able to just peel them off/on. Do they conform well to the curved surface without any wrinkles/bubbles?
got them from camarodecalstore.com. They do but you have to work at it a bit. I found that cleaning the lens well with alcohol and (unlike with women) working from the bottom up works best!