Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Flowmaster Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:06 AM   #1
OUTATIME

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Question about ABL . . . This one hasn't really been answered

Since people have their cars and now, all you modders are ripping them apart do we know whether the IOM ABL is due to the color of the pipe lights themselves, or the tint of the panels??

I ask because I'd like to change the orange panels to some other color (silver) while preserving the color of the lights lol.
OUTATIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:47 AM   #2
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
DSVcustoms is currently working on ABL.

From what I know, the panels are CLEAR plastic. The are painted from the inside. There is a very small line the size of a pin that lets the light though. I know it is lit by a LED. The LED color would be what determines the color because on silver panels you have a blue light..

There are many issues the way GM set this up and we are working on it.
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:01 PM   #3
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.

Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post
DSVcustoms is currently working on ABL.

From what I know, the panels are CLEAR plastic. The are painted from the inside. There is a very small line the size of a pin that lets the light though. I know it is lit by a LED. The LED color would be what determines the color because on silver panels you have a blue light..

There are many issues the way GM set this up and we are working on it.
I'm betting if you guys can figure this out... You'll have a huge hit on your hands.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:38 PM   #4
CmB
OMG Bumblebee!! UM NO!!

Drives: IMO 2SS RS LOADED!
Is it just the door panels that have the lights? I did not notice the dash insert having any light from it? Is mine broken or ok?

Thanks,
CmB
CmB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:25 PM   #5
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 1999 GMC Envoy
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmB View Post
Is it just the door panels that have the lights? I did not notice the dash insert having any light from it? Is mine broken or ok?

Thanks,
CmB
It's ok, there is no dash panel light strip from the factory. That idea got axed due to heat issues or something like that. Others can elaboate better.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:42 PM   #6
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
I'm betting if you guys can figure this out... You'll have a huge hit on your hands.

It will take a little time but we are moving forward with this and MANY items.
Thanks for your patience...
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote