Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 01-14-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
Rainman1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Corsa Exhaust

Anyone know the weight of the Corsa exhaust vs the stock ZL1 exhaust. Also interested in fit, finish, installation issues, etc.
Thanks
Rainman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #2
lsaterz28
the vetteman

Drives: 1968z28,2009 G8GT,2011 RS/SS c vert
we do not own ZL1, we have 2011 RS/SS Convert with factory ground effects, Corsa # 14963 sport cat-back with XD-Crossover, 3.5" pro-series tips (auto trans) for use with factory ground effects. this looks great easy install with all cross brace under the Vert. Not sure of Wt. but can't be more then stock unit. Maybe Corsa can give you info for your ZL1.
Good luck with your car. Maybe we will see you in INDY.
We can install any mods you want at www.raymondspreformance.com
lsaterz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:22 PM   #3
Rainman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsaterz28 View Post
we do not own ZL1, we have 2011 RS/SS Convert with factory ground effects, Corsa # 14963 sport cat-back with XD-Crossover, 3.5" pro-series tips (auto trans) for use with factory ground effects. this looks great easy install with all cross brace under the Vert. Not sure of Wt. but can't be more then stock unit. Maybe Corsa can give you info for your ZL1.
Good luck with your car. Maybe we will see you in INDY.
We can install any mods you want at www.raymondspreformance.com
Thanks for the info. Sounds like the quality, fit and finish of the Corsa is good. Hoping to get some feedback on the weight of a stock ZL1 exhaust vs a Corsa full 3 inch cat back exhaust. A HP and Torque increase would also be great even if it were small. As long as there was a weight savings.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:59 PM   #4
Catfish
Catfish

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 #361
Installed my CORSA Cat-Back today. Didn't weigh either the stock or new pipes but the CORSA seems lighter. It's kinda hard to tell since the stock pipes are full one piece and the CORSA comes in 6 pieces plus the two mufflers. The quality is outstanding! Fit was perfect, installation was pretty easy, could have done it by myself but my brother helped out some. I love the sound. No louder than stock at normal speeds (I had the fuse out) but really bellows at WOT!!
Performance Mods to Date:
Rotofab cold air intake, Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers w/ Calico KoolBlack ceramic coating, Kooks high flow cats, Corsa 3" X-pipe cat-back exhaust, 160 degree thermostat, 2.50" Supercharger Pulley, PCM Catch Can, Rotofab Supercharger Reservoir, 1000cc Injectors, MSD Boost-a-Pump,Tuned by PCM of NC
604 RWHP & 622 RWT !!

Also, 2001 Silverado Z71, Pewter w/ Extended Cab
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #5
Rainman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Installed my CORSA Cat-Back today. Didn't weigh either the stock or new pipes but the CORSA seems lighter. It's kinda hard to tell since the stock pipes are full one piece and the CORSA comes in 6 pieces plus the two mufflers. The quality is outstanding! Fit was perfect, installation was pretty easy, could have done it by myself but my brother helped out some. I love the sound. No louder than stock at normal speeds (I had the fuse out) but really bellows at WOT!!
Thanks for the info. How was the clearance around the diff cooler lines? If its easy for you to weigh the stock system, the info would be much appreciated. If its hassle don't sweat it.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:52 PM   #6
Catfish
Catfish

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 #361
Clearance was OK. At least a 1/2 inch. Put my old pipes in the attic of my shop (rafters) with great difficulty. Sorry but I can't weigh them from there.
Performance Mods to Date:
Rotofab cold air intake, Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers w/ Calico KoolBlack ceramic coating, Kooks high flow cats, Corsa 3" X-pipe cat-back exhaust, 160 degree thermostat, 2.50" Supercharger Pulley, PCM Catch Can, Rotofab Supercharger Reservoir, 1000cc Injectors, MSD Boost-a-Pump,Tuned by PCM of NC
604 RWHP & 622 RWT !!

Also, 2001 Silverado Z71, Pewter w/ Extended Cab
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:03 PM   #7
Rainman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Clearance was OK. At least a 1/2 inch. Put my old pipes in the attic of my shop (rafters) with great difficulty. Sorry but I can't weigh them from there.
No prob. Thanks again for the info on the diff lines. 1/2 inch should be good.