Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2009, 01:06 PM   #1
de3wcfan
 
de3wcfan's Avatar
 
Drives: 04 Earnhardt Jr. Monte Carlo
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Claremore, OK
Posts: 49
Have railcar number but no luck tracking

I got my railcar number today but don't know for sure which company. I have a pretty good idea which one so I called but no luck. Trying to get a live person on the phone was horrible and when I did he just transferred me somewhere else and they just wanted me to leave a message. I'm told it's supposed to arrive in Oklahoma City today so I should just be happy knowing that it's only on the other end of the turnpike. The salesman did say as soon as he knows it's there he will put a rush on the transport truck and hopefully it will arrive middle of next week. If that's true, then the shipping time I was given will be right on because I was told the 17th when it was invoiced. There may be hope yet that these cars will start arriving when they are actually promised!
__________________
Status: NFVCFQ $38,305.00 1ET37 3800 06/02/2009 AFM, B34, CF5, DCP, FE9, GCR, L99, MX0, R6P, SGC, UQA, VZG, WRS, 2SS


1100: Ordered 12/3/08
2000: 4/16/09
3000: 4/21/09
3300: 5/13/09
3400: 5/23/09
3800: 6/2/09 VIN: 2G1FK1EJ1A9114536
Delivered: 6/19/09
de3wcfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:12 PM   #2
jm88
RJT 2SS RS Auto -"Sookie"
 
jm88's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 BMW X6 50i - M Perf
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nevada
Posts: 194
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by de3wcfan View Post
I got my railcar number today but don't know for sure which company. I have a pretty good idea which one so I called but no luck. Trying to get a live person on the phone was horrible and when I did he just transferred me somewhere else and they just wanted me to leave a message. I'm told it's supposed to arrive in Oklahoma City today so I should just be happy knowing that it's only on the other end of the turnpike. The salesman did say as soon as he knows it's there he will put a rush on the transport truck and hopefully it will arrive middle of next week. If that's true, then the shipping time I was given will be right on because I was told the 17th when it was invoiced. There may be hope yet that these cars will start arriving when they are actually promised!


It has been requested BY GM and Larry - PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do NOT

call the Customer Service phone #'s for the RailRoads !!!

USE THE AUTOMATED TRACKING PHONE LINE IF YOU HAVE YOUR RAILCAR #
jm88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:30 PM   #3
NeedMyFix
The countdown has begun..
 
NeedMyFix's Avatar
 
Drives: 1997 Z28/2003 SoftTail
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 83
Generally, how long does it take after your car has been built to be loaded onto the rail car?
__________________
NeedMyFix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:34 PM   #4
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon
 
greenrail's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Near Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,396
Just an aside, many rail carriers will not give this information out nowadays for security reasons. (National Security as-well-as Theft and Vandalism).
__________________
Member Illinois Camaro Club
His Name is Rosie - "Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick!" - If you know who said that, then you know the genesis of his name.
greenrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:04 PM   #5
de3wcfan
 
de3wcfan's Avatar
 
Drives: 04 Earnhardt Jr. Monte Carlo
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Claremore, OK
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedMyFix View Post
Generally, how long does it take after your car has been built to be loaded onto the rail car?
Mine must have been pretty quick because it was invoiced on 6/2 and today it landed in Oklahoma City OK, so only 10 days on the train and now only two hours away by truck! Come on transport truck!!
__________________
Status: NFVCFQ $38,305.00 1ET37 3800 06/02/2009 AFM, B34, CF5, DCP, FE9, GCR, L99, MX0, R6P, SGC, UQA, VZG, WRS, 2SS


1100: Ordered 12/3/08
2000: 4/16/09
3000: 4/21/09
3300: 5/13/09
3400: 5/23/09
3800: 6/2/09 VIN: 2G1FK1EJ1A9114536
Delivered: 6/19/09
de3wcfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:51 PM   #6
2SSRS@Gen5diy
Salt & Pepper 2014 Z/28

 
2SSRS@Gen5diy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: By the lake in AZ
Posts: 11,780
Congrats, I want pics as fast as you can.
__________________
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:56 PM   #7
jm88
RJT 2SS RS Auto -"Sookie"
 
jm88's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 BMW X6 50i - M Perf
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nevada
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by de3wcfan View Post
Mine must have been pretty quick because it was invoiced on 6/2 and today it landed in Oklahoma City OK, so only 10 days on the train and now only two hours away by truck! Come on transport truck!!
That's the worst part of the whole thing - waiting on the truck !
jm88 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Request for shipped VINs to test railcar tracking KK2010SS Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 660 01-18-2011 03:30 AM
tracking order with order number sewwhut Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 4 06-02-2009 12:24 AM
Chevy Customer Service/Order Tracking phone number??? ctk1 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 24 05-15-2009 02:14 PM
Tracking the 6 digit order number? Nova65 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 18 04-01-2009 06:54 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.