Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Nickey Chicago
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Camaro 1LE Forum Camaro 1LE Package releated discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #26
tramtwo


 
tramtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin@PCMofNC View Post
Any dynojet numbers yet? Dynojets are a good bit more consistent from dyno to dyno.
Not yet...
__________________
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:39 PM   #27
OzzySS

 
OzzySS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: PC, HI
Posts: 1,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadoo7 View Post
Did you say manual recommendations for break-in? I must have missed that chapter.
Lol, so did you have a fun break-in also scuba? if you're still stock I'd like to see your numbers for this thread
__________________
Build thread linked in the pic...


OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #28
charlie46
 
Drives: 2013 camaro 1le
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: staten island
Posts: 300
Harder break in

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
It might also be worth noting that both tram and myself have done a harder break-in than the manual recommends...
What qualifies as a harder break in? Im driving mine like I stole it ! Drove by a police officer on the corner 30 mph above the limit , thank The Lord he must have been texting at the time.
charlie46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #29
Bad@ssCamaro
Ist State Chevy Supporter
 
Bad@ssCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 5,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Well maybe it was the top gun photo.... we are just sharing info.... this is a brand new set up, so no one knows for sure. As far as speaking my mind.... well.

What amazes me on this site is the quick judgement to bs. Your post was a prime example. Obviously you like cars and have dumped some money into yours (did you get the cam yet?) so why is it when something doesn't look correct is there a mad dash to call bs (your word was funny) instead of some rational discussion WITHOUT bias to become better informed. Something I see you do on this site, just not in this thread yet.

Point? And you are catching it from me, nothing personal, but why can't we discuss the facts without the snide comments?

Fact: Two 1LE SS Camaros on opposite sides of the world dynoed over 400.
Fact: Both owners claim a hard break in.
Fact: Both have NPP
Fact: Only three published stock dyno numbers for this set up. THREE
Fact: 2SS/RS 1LE 12.7 (second of published fast list) @ 111.8 (top of published fast list here) in the quarter by MT
Fact: 2SS/RS 1LE 4.2 to 0- 60 by MT
Fact: Other "factory fast" SS cars have been documented
Fact: more will be revealed

Great post and this thread should get very interesting as time goes on.
__________________
Former Camaros: (gone but not forgotten)
1976 LT Black/Black 305 V8 (Bone Stock)
1976 LT Black/White 305 V8 (Bone Stock) except for Cragar chrome rims (yep - #2)
1985 Z-28 Black/Black 305 L69 M5(Bone Stock) I know: slow

Current Camaro:
CRT 1SS/1LE/RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
CAFE STANDARDS! Get used to them or vote our electeds in Washington out of office...........
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #30
StephenS_84
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Well maybe it was the top gun photo.... we are just sharing info.... this is a brand new set up, so no one knows for sure. As far as speaking my mind.... well.

What amazes me on this site is the quick judgement to bs. Your post was a prime example. Obviously you like cars and have dumped some money into yours (did you get the cam yet?) so why is it when something doesn't look correct is there a mad dash to call bs (your word was funny) instead of some rational discussion WITHOUT bias to become better informed. Something I see you do on this site, just not in this thread yet.

Point? And you are catching it from me, nothing personal, but why can't we discuss the facts without the snide comments?

Fact: Two 1LE SS Camaros on opposite sides of the world dynoed over 400.
Fact: Both owners claim a hard break in.
Fact: Both have NPP
Fact: Only three published stock dyno numbers for this set up. THREE
Fact: 2SS/RS 1LE 12.7 (second of published fast list) @ 111.8 (top of published fast list here) in the quarter by MT
Fact: 2SS/RS 1LE 4.2 to 0- 60 by MT
Fact: Other "factory fast" SS cars have been documented
Fact: more will be revealed

Awesome post. I'll have to bite my tongue on this one. Enjoy your car and whatever numbers it has.
StephenS_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:59 PM   #31
tramtwo


 
tramtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenS_84 View Post
Awesome post. I'll have to bite my tongue on this one. Enjoy your car and whatever numbers it has.
Fact: I was wrong, the 12.7 is only 4th fasted on the stock SS fast list.
__________________
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:47 PM   #32
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo
 
scubadoo7's Avatar
 
Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fairfax Station Va.
Posts: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
Lol, so did you have a fun break-in also scuba? if you're still stock I'd like to see your numbers for this thread
Not any good dyno shop around here. There's one in Richmond, but it's like 90 miles away. Oh yeah, my car hates to putt along, so break-in was rather hasty.
__________________
scubadoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #33
Midnight Rat

 
Midnight Rat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: El Paso
Posts: 1,102
I knew once Ozzy posted his numbers all the negative nancies were going to come out.
__________________
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #34
OzzySS

 
OzzySS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: PC, HI
Posts: 1,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 1LE View Post
I knew once Ozzy posted his numbers all the negative nancies were going to come out.
lol...i wasn't the first...tram caught flack for his before i even had my car

anyway, now that i've caught up on the thread and it looks like things have settled down again, the break-in "by the book" that i was referring to can be found here. i broke almost all of these rules during my break-in, not constantly, but at least a few times every time i've taken her out. i'm still under 400 miles, so technically i'm still breaking it in, but whatever.
OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:02 PM   #35
SumWhite1LE
King of All
 
SumWhite1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Summit White 1LE 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
It might also be worth noting that both tram and myself have done a harder break-in than the manual recommends...
Haha!!! I didnt know these cars needed to be broken in. Really!!! So as of tonight I have 1800 hard miles on mine.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Well maybe it was the top gun photo.... we are just sharing info.... this is a brand new set up, so no one knows for sure. As far as speaking my mind.... well.

What amazes me on this site is the quick judgement to bs. Your post was a prime example. Obviously you like cars and have dumped some money into yours (did you get the cam yet?) so why is it when something doesn't look correct is there a mad dash to call bs (your word was funny) instead of some rational discussion WITHOUT bias to become better informed. Something I see you do on this site, just not in this thread yet.

Point? And you are catching it from me, nothing personal, but why can't we discuss the facts without the snide comments?

Fact: Two 1LE SS Camaros on opposite sides of the world dynoed over 400.
Fact: Both owners claim a hard break in.
Fact: Both have NPP
Fact: Only three published stock dyno numbers for this set up. THREE
Fact: 2SS/RS 1LE 12.7 (second of published fast list) @ 111.8 (top of published fast list here) in the quarter by MT
Fact: 2SS/RS 1LE 4.2 to 0- 60 by MT
Fact: Other "factory fast" SS cars have been documented
Fact: more will be revealed

Yup!!! We love our camaros just like the rest of you all. And some of you guys are quick to pass judgement so quickly about that there is no way that these cars are putting out these kind of numbers... Well 2 out of 2 dyno at 400+ and you still call B.S??? We arent in your threads calling your cars out.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 1LE View Post
I knew once Ozzy posted his numbers all the negative nancies were going to come out.
Mine will be on A Dynojet either late this week or this weekend. I will report back..
SumWhite1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:21 PM   #36
Midnight Rat

 
Midnight Rat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: El Paso
Posts: 1,102
Yeah I knew that Tram caught flack for it. But there are a lot of people on this sight that like to rain on people's parade, and once you posted yours I knew it was coming. Good job you all are doing on yours cars. I got along ways to catch up once mine gets here hopefully in 3 weeks.
__________________
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:29 PM   #37
Cooley
 
Cooley's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bluff City, Baby!!!
Posts: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumWhite1LE View Post
Haha!!! I didnt know these cars needed to be broken in. Really!!! So as of tonight I have 1800 hard miles on mine.




Yup!!! We love our camaros just like the rest of you all. And some of you guys are quick to pass judgement so quickly about that there is no way that these cars are putting out these kind of numbers... Well 2 out of 2 dyno at 400+ and you still call B.S??? We arent in your threads calling your cars out.




Mine will be on A Dynojet either late this week or this weekend. I will report back..

I had mine on a Dynojet on the 7th. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...114824&page=16 (post #377)

It would be interesting to see another Dynojet posted.
__________________
Cooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:32 PM   #38
Alvin@PCMofNC

 
Drives: 2010 IOM RSS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mooresville
Posts: 363
Someone bring one to PCM of NC and have it dynoed! I'm really interested to see what they will do 100% stock!
__________________

See what's in our shop on Facebook! Customer Build Blogs!
www.pcmofnc.com
Performance Installs - Dyno Tuning - Mail Order Tuning & Sales
704-307-4227
Alvin@PCMofNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:35 PM   #39
OzzySS

 
OzzySS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: PC, HI
Posts: 1,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooley View Post
I had mine on a Dynojet on the 7th. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...114824&page=16 (post #377)

It would be interesting to see another Dynojet posted.
cooley, what kind of break-in did you do, if you remember?

also what was your mileage when you dyno'd?
OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:36 PM   #40
TJ91
:chevy:
 
TJ91's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,493
Does the 3.73 make a difference one the dyno? Heard gears dont on show on dyno though. And I really dont know why poeple always claim BS to anything on this forum.
Those are good numbers and will be glad when more post similar results.
I have yet to see a 1LE on the road, going to drool when I do
__________________
CAMARO
Consult your doctor before taking Camaro
Side effects include Sudden increase in Heart Rate, Insomnia and occasional hallucinations
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:43 PM   #41
OzzySS

 
OzzySS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: PC, HI
Posts: 1,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Does the 3.73 make a difference one the dyno? Heard gears dont on show on dyno though. And I really dont know why poeple always claim BS to anything on this forum.
Those are good numbers and will be glad when more post similar results.
I have yet to see a 1LE on the road, going to drool when I do
the gearing shouldn't make a difference, since they should be using the 1:1 gear (4th)
OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:49 PM   #42
Cooley
 
Cooley's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bluff City, Baby!!!
Posts: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
cooley, what kind of break-in did you do, if you remember?

also what was your mileage when you dyno'd?
I did the recommended break in with some 'spirited' driving.

Had about 5600 miles on the car at the dyno.
__________________
Cooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:51 PM   #43
Nick S

 
Nick S's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE / 2002 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Verona, WI
Posts: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
the gearing shouldn't make a difference, since they should be using the 1:1 gear (4th)
Actually the rear gearing can make a difference. Afterall it's the total ratio from the engine output to the wheel that matters.
1LE: 1.0 * 3.91 = 3.91 multiplier to the wheels.
SS: 1.0 * 3.45 = 3.45 muiltiplier to the wheels.

Just like most people will report a different dyno reading from their car after just a gear swap.
__________________

2013 Victory Red 2SS/1LE W/RS/NPP
2002 Bright Rally Red Camaro SS 6-speed Manual
Nick S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:53 PM   #44
Nick S

 
Nick S's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE / 2002 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Verona, WI
Posts: 864
What would be better than a dyno to see if there is a difference between the 1LE and the SS engine calibration is if someone with HP tuners can read the VCM and then a direct comparison to a SS VCM could be made to see if there are any fueling or timing changes made.
__________________

2013 Victory Red 2SS/1LE W/RS/NPP
2002 Bright Rally Red Camaro SS 6-speed Manual
Nick S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:31 PM   #45
tramtwo


 
tramtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick S View Post
What would be better than a dyno to see if there is a difference between the 1LE and the SS engine calibration is if someone with HP tuners can read the VCM and then a direct comparison to a SS VCM could be made to see if there are any fueling or timing changes made.

Soon.


So we have four now, kewl.

Two at about the LS3 norm depending on what correction method... is used. So they show NO gain for EPS or EPS and NPP combined or gearing or lighter wheels.

378 (sux) and 379 (cooley) sae or a 390 (standard on a dynojet without npp)
402 (tramtwo) npp and HARD breakin
406 (ozzyss) npp and island breakin style

We need a chart.

Too much stock should not be put into the numbers, the track is after all the best judge of power. At the same time the numbers should no be dismissed.

Next.
__________________
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:53 PM   #46
Monte Mac
 
Monte Mac's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 1LE, 14 Cruze ECO M6, 84 MonteSS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Deaborn Heights, MI
Posts: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin@PCMofNC View Post
Someone bring one to PCM of NC and have it dynoed! I'm really interested to see what they will do 100% stock!
Perhaps, I should be down there sometime in June for a graduation party. Hopefully I will have mine by then and be broken in. I will let you know. Could be fun!
__________________



[B]Ordered 3/8/13
TPW 4/15/13
Built 4/15/13
Bayed 4/18/13
Released from QC HOLD 5/22/13
PERMAGRIN INSTALLED 5/30/13
Monte Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:17 PM   #47
Mgizzle
 
Mgizzle's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 590
Any dyno numbers from 2013 SS cars with NPP? That will help the puzzle.
__________________
I work for General Motors and am not an official spokes person for General Motors. My views and opinions are my own and not those of General Motors.
Mgizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:44 PM   #48
DanSS24

 
DanSS24's Avatar
 
Drives: Dream Cars in my head
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 808
Posts: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
lol...i wasn't the first...tram caught flack for his before i even had my car

anyway, now that i've caught up on the thread and it looks like things have settled down again, the break-in "by the book" that i was referring to can be found here. i broke almost all of these rules during my break-in, not constantly, but at least a few times every time i've taken her out. i'm still under 400 miles, so technically i'm still breaking it in, but whatever.
I think you need to drive it around the island everyday for a week. But stay out of Waianae side...or don't leave your car unattended if you do go there.
__________________
I'd rather chase speeders and bad guys with a Z/28 than my R/T Charger
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:07 PM   #49
Scott@Bjorn3D


 
Scott@Bjorn3D's Avatar
 
Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Eufaula, Alabama
Posts: 6,091
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
Any dyno numbers from 2013 SS cars with NPP? That will help the puzzle.
Yeah wish there was a dyno around here. I do know that my coworkers at the PD have told me many times she looks like she is spinning all the way thru first even with the nannies on. That is some power in my book compared to my 2010 L99. And I am not dumping the clutch of the line, that is with just rolling out from the light and then nailing her to a 6K shift to second. The T/C light is always flashing on my car when I nail her in first and many times in second also.
__________________
2013 2SS, GM Strut Tower Brace, CAI Intake Black, VMAX TB, Elite Catch Can, Hotchkis Chassis Brace, Hurst Shifter, 3.91 1LE Complete Rear End, NPP, 1LE Track Pack,Factory Reproductions Style 41 ZL1 Fitment Wheels 10" on all 4 corners
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:59 AM   #50
SleepWarz
Banned
 
Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: BC Canada
Posts: 2,259
I'll be able to get mine to a dynojet once I get it...
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.