Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2013, 03:12 PM   #18
SS 376

 
SS 376's Avatar
 
Drives: IBM 1SS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: DFW
Posts: 1,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlock69RS View Post
It might make sense that gm did a few secret tweaks to the 1le if they are trying to have it compete with boss mustangs. We need more stock dyno numbers to really form a good basis.
It could be the lighter wheels. This makes sense to me, in theory. Maybe not 30-40HP difference but I'm just a guy behind a keyboard, so who knows.
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:19 PM   #19
tramtwo


 
tramtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenS_84 View Post
Those dyno sheets are funny.
so is driving a 1LE equipped SS
__________________
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:23 PM   #20
Scott@Bjorn3D


 
Scott@Bjorn3D's Avatar
 
Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Eufaula, Alabama
Posts: 6,334
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie46 View Post
And maybe it makes sense how some on this forum are breaking rear axles ! Cold rear axles , higher hp and thorw in some wheel hop and you get broken axles !
Stickier tires is what is leading to broken axles. The more the car hooks the great chance of snapping something. Wheel Hop is also a killer of axles.
__________________
2013 2SS, GM Strut Tower Brace, CAI Intake Black, VMAX TB, Elite Catch Can, Hotchkis Chassis Brace, Hurst Shifter, 3.91 1LE Complete Rear End, NPP, 1LE Track Pack,Factory Reproductions Style 41 ZL1 Fitment Wheels 10" on all 4 corners, MPSS 285/35/20 on all 4 corners.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #21
tramtwo


 
tramtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenS_84 View Post
Attachment 462640

Cool story, bro.

I'll take my supercharged SS over it anyday. Inflated numbers don't impress me. Prove it on a track.
Yep you have a nice ride... but no one here is trying to prove anything. This this happen in all the threads you post in?
__________________
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:12 PM   #22
StephenS_84
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Yep you have a nice ride... but no one here is trying to prove anything. This this happen in all the threads you post in?
I'm confused by your last sentence. Not sure what your implying. I'm honest and that gets you into trouble on this site sometimes. All I'm saying is I think these numbers are a little inflated. Not trying to troll or whatever. Those numbers are high for a stock LS3.
StephenS_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #23
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo
 
scubadoo7's Avatar
 
Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fairfax Station Va.
Posts: 864
Did you say manual recommendations for break-in? I must have missed that chapter.
__________________
scubadoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:17 PM   #24
Alvin@PCMofNC

 
Drives: 2010 IOM RSS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mooresville
Posts: 363
Any dynojet numbers yet? Dynojets are a good bit more consistent from dyno to dyno.
__________________

See what's in our shop on Facebook! Customer Build Blogs!
www.pcmofnc.com
Performance Installs - Dyno Tuning - Mail Order Tuning & Sales
704-307-4227
Alvin@PCMofNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #25
tramtwo


 
tramtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenS_84 View Post
I'm confused by your last sentence. Not sure what your implying. I'm honest and that gets you into trouble on this site sometimes. All I'm saying is I think these numbers are a little inflated. Not trying to troll or whatever. Those numbers are high for a stock LS3.
Well maybe it was the top gun photo.... we are just sharing info.... this is a brand new set up, so no one knows for sure. As far as speaking my mind.... well.

What amazes me on this site is the quick judgement to bs. Your post was a prime example. Obviously you like cars and have dumped some money into yours (did you get the cam yet?) so why is it when something doesn't look correct is there a mad dash to call bs (your word was funny) instead of some rational discussion WITHOUT bias to become better informed. Something I see you do on this site, just not in this thread yet.

Point? And you are catching it from me, nothing personal, but why can't we discuss the facts without the snide comments?

Fact: Two 1LE SS Camaros on opposite sides of the world dynoed over 400.
Fact: Both owners claim a hard break in.
Fact: Both have NPP
Fact: Only three published stock dyno numbers for this set up. THREE
Fact: 2SS/RS 1LE 12.7 (second of published fast list) @ 111.8 (top of published fast list here) in the quarter by MT
Fact: 2SS/RS 1LE 4.2 to 0- 60 by MT
Fact: Other "factory fast" SS cars have been documented
Fact: more will be revealed

__________________
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #26
tramtwo


 
tramtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin@PCMofNC View Post
Any dynojet numbers yet? Dynojets are a good bit more consistent from dyno to dyno.
Not yet...
__________________
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:39 PM   #27
OzzySS

 
OzzySS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: jax, FL
Posts: 1,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadoo7 View Post
Did you say manual recommendations for break-in? I must have missed that chapter.
Lol, so did you have a fun break-in also scuba? if you're still stock I'd like to see your numbers for this thread
__________________
Build thread linked in the pic...


OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:59 PM   #28
charlie46
 
Drives: 2013 camaro 1le
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: staten island
Posts: 383
Harder break in

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
It might also be worth noting that both tram and myself have done a harder break-in than the manual recommends...
What qualifies as a harder break in? Im driving mine like I stole it ! Drove by a police officer on the corner 30 mph above the limit , thank The Lord he must have been texting at the time.
charlie46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:14 PM   #29
Bad@ssCamaro
Rogers' Rocks :-)
 
Bad@ssCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 5,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Well maybe it was the top gun photo.... we are just sharing info.... this is a brand new set up, so no one knows for sure. As far as speaking my mind.... well.

What amazes me on this site is the quick judgement to bs. Your post was a prime example. Obviously you like cars and have dumped some money into yours (did you get the cam yet?) so why is it when something doesn't look correct is there a mad dash to call bs (your word was funny) instead of some rational discussion WITHOUT bias to become better informed. Something I see you do on this site, just not in this thread yet.

Point? And you are catching it from me, nothing personal, but why can't we discuss the facts without the snide comments?

Fact: Two 1LE SS Camaros on opposite sides of the world dynoed over 400.
Fact: Both owners claim a hard break in.
Fact: Both have NPP
Fact: Only three published stock dyno numbers for this set up. THREE
Fact: 2SS/RS 1LE 12.7 (second of published fast list) @ 111.8 (top of published fast list here) in the quarter by MT
Fact: 2SS/RS 1LE 4.2 to 0- 60 by MT
Fact: Other "factory fast" SS cars have been documented
Fact: more will be revealed

Great post and this thread should get very interesting as time goes on.
__________________
2015 CRT 1SS/1LE RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:30 PM   #30
StephenS_84
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Well maybe it was the top gun photo.... we are just sharing info.... this is a brand new set up, so no one knows for sure. As far as speaking my mind.... well.

What amazes me on this site is the quick judgement to bs. Your post was a prime example. Obviously you like cars and have dumped some money into yours (did you get the cam yet?) so why is it when something doesn't look correct is there a mad dash to call bs (your word was funny) instead of some rational discussion WITHOUT bias to become better informed. Something I see you do on this site, just not in this thread yet.

Point? And you are catching it from me, nothing personal, but why can't we discuss the facts without the snide comments?

Fact: Two 1LE SS Camaros on opposite sides of the world dynoed over 400.
Fact: Both owners claim a hard break in.
Fact: Both have NPP
Fact: Only three published stock dyno numbers for this set up. THREE
Fact: 2SS/RS 1LE 12.7 (second of published fast list) @ 111.8 (top of published fast list here) in the quarter by MT
Fact: 2SS/RS 1LE 4.2 to 0- 60 by MT
Fact: Other "factory fast" SS cars have been documented
Fact: more will be revealed

Awesome post. I'll have to bite my tongue on this one. Enjoy your car and whatever numbers it has.
StephenS_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:59 PM   #31
tramtwo


 
tramtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenS_84 View Post
Awesome post. I'll have to bite my tongue on this one. Enjoy your car and whatever numbers it has.
Fact: I was wrong, the 12.7 is only 4th fasted on the stock SS fast list.
__________________
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:47 PM   #32
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo
 
scubadoo7's Avatar
 
Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fairfax Station Va.
Posts: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
Lol, so did you have a fun break-in also scuba? if you're still stock I'd like to see your numbers for this thread
Not any good dyno shop around here. There's one in Richmond, but it's like 90 miles away. Oh yeah, my car hates to putt along, so break-in was rather hasty.
__________________
scubadoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:46 PM   #33
Midnight Rat

 
Midnight Rat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: El Paso
Posts: 1,376
I knew once Ozzy posted his numbers all the negative nancies were going to come out.
__________________
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #34
OzzySS

 
OzzySS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: jax, FL
Posts: 1,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 1LE View Post
I knew once Ozzy posted his numbers all the negative nancies were going to come out.
lol...i wasn't the first...tram caught flack for his before i even had my car

anyway, now that i've caught up on the thread and it looks like things have settled down again, the break-in "by the book" that i was referring to can be found here. i broke almost all of these rules during my break-in, not constantly, but at least a few times every time i've taken her out. i'm still under 400 miles, so technically i'm still breaking it in, but whatever.
OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.