Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Nickey Chicago
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 06-12-2009, 03:57 PM   #1
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Little Kids. Gotta luv em'

I have kinda been in a major push to spend more time with the family lately. (Getting in the way of my Camaro time. :() But.....priorities.

Any way, here is a little tid-bit from my daughters files.

When she was 2 or 3 I can remember she kept asking if she can have some "fits buts". I would ask her over and over again what she wanted. I had no clue what 'fits buts' was. Parents, you know what I'm talking about.

Any way, eventually she showed us what 'fits buts' was. We were getting Rebecca out of the car at the mall and she had something in her hand. (You, know. They got something clutched deep in their fist and you GOT to know what it is) Any way I heard Bonnie ask her "What do you have"?

Now, I was just kinda listening from the other side of the car on the outside and I heard Rebecca say "FITS BUTS" .... I freaked out. Holy Crap, Rebecca has fits buts and now I get to see what it is. FINALLY. After all the times she was crying and asking for this DAMN fits buts and I could never provide it for her, FINALLY I could see exactly what she was talking about. So I dash around to the other side of the car to see what it is. We pry her hand open, to her extreme displeasure, (after all, it IS fits buts) and what do I find?

A nickle and two pennies.

Name:  scratch-head02-idea-animated-animation-smiley-emoticon-000415-large.gif
Views: 508
Size:  105.2 KB

So.......now.. I...know?........Fits Buts? ..............

AAAhhhhhhhhhhhoooooowwwwwwwwwwwww! Ok so now I know. I remembered not long ago, Rebecca learned that you exchange Money for merchandise. (stuff) She had seen us do this on numerous occasions. So we recall an argument me and my brother had not long ago where we were settling up after a nicke and dime poker game in which I owed my brother 'SIX BUCKS' and had to pay him. Well I was clowning around and told Jake (my brother) that I refused to pay him the six bucks in question but I'd be willing to hand the six bucks to Rebecca and let her give it to him in order to preserve the understanding that I did not hand over six dollars to him. (ego thing)

So from that moment, to Rebecca, six bucks didn't mean 6 dollars but to her it just meant 'Money'. From there on ALL money was called six bucks. But of course being 2 she couldn't speak well yet so she did her best and said 'fits buts' ......"I want some fits buts". "Can i get fits buts"? "Whaaaaaaaaaaaa, I want some FITS BUTS".

Ahhhhhh so now I knew. And to this day, we all say fits buts when talking about money. She's 12 now and needs a lot of fits buts for movies and the mall and stuff. Gotta love em'
Old 06-12-2009, 04:06 PM   #2
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.

Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
My daughter is two now... And she loves to tell on her 7 month old brother...

"Sergio tooted." And then begins to laugh hysterically....

To which my wife is shocked and then I laugh hysterically....

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:10 PM   #3
diddiyo

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
But.....priorities

diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:16 PM   #4
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
What did my daughter get from her grandmother as one of her birthday gifts?

A savins spond.

Any guesses?
Old 06-12-2009, 04:20 PM   #5
AngryCamaro

Drives: A2B POS
Savings bond!

I think the gift giver was the tell though. It is a perfectly wise gift to give a child who will forget about it and let it grow grow grow!
AngryCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:21 PM   #6
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.

Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Dude you got a whole pond of savins... Wow those are really rare....
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:23 PM   #7
AngryCamaro

Drives: A2B POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Dude you got a whole pond of savins... Wow those are really rare....
AngryCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:13 PM   #8
bcannan354

Drives: 1968 Camaro
When my son was younger, he wanted to go out side to see the " wizzards". We had no idea what he was saying, come to find out it was Lizzards. For a long time we tried to correct him but he just could not pronounce it properly. Still get a chuckle when I think of it today.
bcannan354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:08 PM   #9
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryCamaro View Post
Savings bond!

I think the gift giver was the tell though. It is a perfectly wise gift to give a child who will forget about it and let it grow grow grow!
We have a winner!
Old 06-12-2009, 10:34 PM   #10
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
There are a couple that really stand out in my mind. When my daughter (now 12 also) was 4 or 5 I looked over at her and she was mining for nose gold. I told her to quit picking her nose. Without stopping she says "I'm not picking my nose daddy, my finger is just checking to see how my boogers are doing" How can you argue with that?
My youngest (now 7) was around 2 1/2 and I had him in the shower with me on vacation. He starts singing "rock and roll, rock and roll" suddenly he grabbed himself with both hands and started yanking and yelling "rocking my wiener!, rocking my wiener!" (find some privacy little buddy) Same vacation I had him out in the water on a boogie board. I'd have him lay on it and I'd hold him up until a wave came and give him a push. He rode one in to shore and jumped up and yelled "I'm surfin USA" He's funny as hell until he tries to tell a joke that he made up. Man are they bad!
Old 06-13-2009, 09:20 AM   #11
PQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
My daughter is two now... And she loves to tell on her 7 month old brother...

"Sergio tooted." And then begins to laugh hysterically....

To which my wife is shocked and then I laugh hysterically....

Makes sense, now I'M laughing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddiyo View Post

Hillarious. I've seen it a thousand times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul SS View Post
Any guesses?
Uhhh. 5 dollars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryCamaro View Post
Savings bond!

:( Hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mac View Post
There are a couple that really stand out in my mind. When my daughter (now 12 also) was 4 or 5 I looked over at her and she was mining for nose gold. I told her to quit picking her nose. Without stopping she says "I'm not picking my nose daddy, my finger is just checking to see how my boogers are doing" How can you argue with that?
My youngest (now 7) was around 2 1/2 and I had him in the shower with me on vacation. He starts singing "rock and roll, rock and roll" suddenly he grabbed himself with both hands and started yanking and yelling "rocking my wiener!, rocking my wiener!" (find some privacy little buddy) Same vacation I had him out in the water on a boogie board. I'd have him lay on it and I'd hold him up until a wave came and give him a push. He rode one in to shore and jumped up and yelled "I'm surfin USA" He's funny as hell until he tries to tell a joke that he made up. Man are they bad!
Good stuff. There are still to this day, 15 and a half years after the birth of my son, things we say and phrases we use that stem from back then. My sons name is James. Rebecca always calls him what sounded like 'Mainse' We still call him that sometimes.

There was one time when my son was 2 or 3 we were in Lowes and out of knowwhere this shy little son of mine, who had picked up a 12" bolt, looked up at a guy standing next to him and said "Hey", and when the guy looked down at him James said, "I will punch you with this".

I'll never forget these things.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:13 AM   #12
Zabo
Bowtie to the brim

Drives: '10 R6P 2SS/RS M6, '96 S10 ZR2 M5
Quote:
Makes sense, now I'M laughing.

Hillarious. I've seen it a thousand times.

Uhhh. 5 dollars.

:( Hopefully.

Good stuff. There are still to this day, 15 and a half years after the birth of my son, things we say and phrases we use that stem from back then. My sons name is James. Rebecca always calls him what sounded like 'Mainse' We still call him that sometimes.

There was one time when my son was 2 or 3 we were in Lowes and out of knowwhere this shy little son of mine, who had picked up a 12" bolt, looked up at a guy standing next to him and said "Hey", and when the guy looked down at him James said, "I will punch you with this".

Almost on the same line, when I was little my grandmother had a nickname for my younger brother. She called him Erikeeko, and to this day we still call him Keekers as an inside joke when he does something stupid.

Also, inside joke between the both of us: being such rambunctious brats it was a crapshoot to yell at one of us, not knowing who really started it. So to this day, when we get into an argument..

Pop: ER-MICHAEL!

Me: "Uh.. you're what..52 now? Isn't it a little early for alzheimers to set in?"

22 years..and they still can't get our names straight. XD
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 04:34 PM   #13
PQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
rambunctious brats
I see some things never change, Mustang man.

Old 06-13-2009, 04:47 PM   #14
moto-camaro
CEO of the Internet

Drives: the Roflcopter
Send a message via AIM to moto-camaro Send a message via MSN to moto-camaro
Quote:

AHAHA!
can't stop laughing at this one!!
i have NO idea what i'd say if i 3 year old said that to me!
Old 06-13-2009, 04:55 PM   #15
Zabo
Bowtie to the brim

Drives: '10 R6P 2SS/RS M6, '96 S10 ZR2 M5
Quote:
I see some things never change, Mustang man.
Yeah yeah.. Laugh it up, fuzzball..
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 06:48 PM   #16
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
My wife is...well...grown, and she still can't say aluminuminun

We raised our kids in the country... I still remember the day in a walmart parking lot, my son whooped it out and started a good wizz right there in front of God and everybody... his mom.."AHHHHHNOOOO! I just stood there and laughed my a$$ off
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 07:00 PM   #17
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
funny story and funny picture...
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:44 AM   #18
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
when Crazycarfan was like 3 or 4yrs old I would take him to Zhawks work (at that time he worked in the Tool crib on base) & there was one guy who would ask CCF which coins were on the counter. CCF would tell him & put them in to his pockets. Then the guy would ask for the money back (normally end up with like a couple $$ worth of coins) & CCF would go what money I dont have money & run off to Zhawk.
Greatest Camaro club around www.pnwcc.com
PNWCC is now on facebook
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT, 87 Iroc-z, 90 Vette Vert , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:59 AM   #19
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
HA!

My 2 year old points at one of our cats and will say, "Cow." It's so darn cute because he can't say the "t" yet. He also calls any type of ball a "BAM." When he's thirsty, he says, "cup." He won't say anything else for a drink.

It's so darn cute to listen to him "talk." Man, I LOVE the kiddos! And this is also a reason I've been spending a little less time here lately. I've been trying to devote just a little bit more to the munchkins.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:02 AM   #20
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
HA!

My 2 year old points at one of our cats and will say, "Cow." It's so darn cute because he can't say the "t" yet. He also calls any type of ball a "BAM." When he's thirsty, he says, "cup." He won't say anything else for a drink.

It's so darn cute to listen to him "talk." Man, I LOVE the kiddos! And this is also a reason I've been spending a little less time here lately. I've been trying to devote just a little bit more to the munchkins.
just wait until they start eyeing your car & Car keys & want to start driving them lol.

or when they start dating.
Greatest Camaro club around www.pnwcc.com
PNWCC is now on facebook
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT, 87 Iroc-z, 90 Vette Vert , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:41 AM   #21
2SSJIM

Drives: CRT ZL1 #1400
That money thing the kids start so early with doesn't go away very soon.... my daughter will be 19 next month and I'm still weaning the kid off my wallet!
2SSJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 04:08 AM   #22
Metal Gear SS

Drives: 1987 Chevrolet Corvette
Quote:

That's hilarious! But I'm sure that's happened to me before I was so utterly appalled into silence, most likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto-camaro View Post
AHAHA!
can't stop laughing at this one!!
i have NO idea what i'd say if i 3 year old said that to me!
I'm pretty sure the first thought would be "wtf," but hopefully not the first words out of your mouth
Metal Gear SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:12 AM   #23
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mac View Post
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 04:15 PM   #24
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
My youngest also informed us last year that when your cold if you fart in your pants it warms them up.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:23 PM   #25
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSJIM View Post
That money thing the kids start so early with doesn't go away very soon.... my daughter will be 19 next month and I'm still weaning the kid off my wallet!
pics?