Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Old 01-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #26
s/c ss

Drives: 13 ZL1, 10 Silverado LTZ, Chopper
Old 01-17-2013, 02:03 PM   #27
snackbar64

Drives: SW ZL1, A6, Carbon, Nav, MR, 10 spk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp ZL1 View Post
I had that nightmare when I leased my Ford Taurus and made the mistake of doing that. The funny thing is the radio stopped working with the XM broadcasts. They did the auto renew, I called them explained what had occurred and that I had not been receiving the signal at all! They removed me from auto renew and refunded me the money they had taken out for the auto renew! I will let this subscription expire and be done with them. It's way too expensive for what content you receive. If it were video content also I could see the reason for charging what they do.
Yes it is too expensive for what you get and I'll bet that most who have it only listen to one out of the hundreds of stations they offer on the drive to and from work. It's the biggest marketing gimmick yet. Lets offer them more than they could possibly listen to or care about and make them think we're doing them a favor, or they are missing out! Cha Ching$$$

Not a knock on anyone as I have this service too. Damn it.
snackbar64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:08 PM   #28
Austin45
Poor College Kid

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerZL1 View Post
You should get a 12 month subscription of Sirius with a ZL1. Look at your window sticker. I went round and round with my dealer and Sirius after they canceled my subscription at 3 months. I actually paid for 6 months since I enjoy the service, but Brandon (One of the Customer Service reps who monitor this site) stepped in and got it resolved with them giving me my additonal 9 months. There are posts about this problem on the forum.

Yep, you should have 12 months with a ZL1. If you can't get it resolved with XM via the phone go to your dealer. They should have a XM sales rep.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #29
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1 #182, 85 AMC Jeep CJ7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin45 View Post

Yep, you should have 12 months with a ZL1. If you can't get it resolved with XM via the phone go to your dealer. They should have a XM sales rep.
XM customer service and Brandon from Chevy customer service have been very helpful in getting people their 12 month subscription. The both are members of Camaro 5.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:56 PM   #30
sammyv

Drives: 2013 red Lingenfelter ZL1
I just called them and suspended my subscription till spring.
sammyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #31
razorz28

Drives: 2014 Jeep Rubicon, 2014 Camaro Z/28
They have my Credit Card and have not abused it. I did however forget to cancel the auto renew and they did charge my Credit card. I called the next day and changed the plan and got my money back.
He is getting his 3 months or whatever the term is, you cannot fault the company for not allowing you to choose the 3 months of service that work best for you. I wouldnt be mad a GM for not giving me a longer warranty because I wont be driving the car for the first 3 months. They are in business to make money.
razorz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:00 PM   #32
Smittty

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro 2000 SLP Camaro
I got a letter a couple of days ago saying that my trial was up after three months on the 18 so I called there customer service and they told me they would look into it and get back to me in 7 to 10 days. I told them that it would be off before then and My subscription was for a year and was told pretty much owell and i could pay. Not happening so I called my dealer ship and they called and actually got it straight after arguing with them also.
Smittty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:01 PM   #33
CA SGT
1AS2RSK

Drives: 2013 ZL1, # 1668 Victory Red
XM

There is a whole other thread re XM radio issues. Bottom line is that 2013's sticker do say 12 months free trial, but the invoice does not.
My dealer handled the issue w Sirius, and they gave me a another full year, totaling 15 months of service.

If your dealer is solid, they will take care of things for you
CA SGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:18 PM   #34
sonic656

Drives: 2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I would call them back because this was an issue on my FJ Cruiser and when I told them I didnt want to renew the subscription because it was only a winter car they told me you "CAN" freeze the account and activate it whenever you started driving it again.

This was a SirusXM trail from my Toyota purchase but it was SirusXM directly whom I was speaking with that told me I could freeze the account and activate it back whenever I wanted.
sonic656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:17 PM   #35
CAM....ZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXM_Help View Post
Hi there -

We are sorry to hear about your experiences with us. If there is anything we can do to help change your experience around, feel free to contact us either here or send us an email to sxm_help@siriusxm.com.

Thanks,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team

Me also, when I ordered mine it said 12 mos. free trial but I only got 3 mos.
It also said 12 on my window. I also have multiple vehicles with Sirius xm,
And am disappointed that there isn't a discount for that. I already purchased additional months of service
CAM....ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:19 PM   #36
CAM....ZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by THR ZL1 #1 View Post
2013's DO NOT get 12 months . . . 2012's did . . first . .

And ALL trials start the day you buy the car . .

So you going to bitch about the On Star trial too?

I agree with Razor . . . that bank makes you pay for it when you don't drive it.

I have a 12 and only received 3 mos.
CAM....ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:25 PM   #37
tonyfred

Drives: 2013 ZL1-Victory Red-Auto
Brandon helped me out. Like a lot of you, I have a 2013 ZL1. After 3 months, I lost XM. But the sticker stated 12 months. Brandon contacted them and I got it back.
However, I just added online listening to my account (included with free trial now). I got a confirmation in the snailmail and it states my free period is up in March, which is another 3 months. So I will have to go through the process again when the time comes to get my other 6 months.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:38 PM   #38
Tyler H
XLR8TNG

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerZL1 View Post
You should get a 12 month subscription of Sirius with a ZL1. Look at your window sticker. I went round and round with my dealer and Sirius after they canceled my subscription at 3 months. I actually paid for 6 months since I enjoy the service, but Brandon (One of the Customer Service reps who monitor this site) stepped in and got it resolved with them giving me my additonal 9 months. There are posts about this problem on the forum.
My window sticker says 3month free trial. No worries. I just wanted to start the subscription closer to when I start driving it.
Tyler H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:04 AM   #39
OC ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 AGM
Seems as though XM is purposely ignoring the 12 mo trial period. When I took delivery of my car, the dealer didn't even know that the trial was 12 mo. I asked them to initiate my trial and they told me that I had to call XM to start it. When I did, XM told me it was only 3 mo. I informed them that it was supposed to be 12 mo. They said they would check their contract, came back and said only 3 mo. I explained that my Monroney label said 12 mo, and the GM website says 12 mo in three different places. They said sorry the GM contract is only 3 mo. I called the Chevrolet customer assistance and they told me that They couldn't do anything and that I should call my dealer or XM. Terrible service all around!
Old 01-18-2013, 12:07 AM   #40
Tyler H
XLR8TNG

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by THR ZL1 #1 View Post
2013's DO NOT get 12 months . . . 2012's did . . first . .

And ALL trials start the day you buy the car . .

So you going to bitch about the On Star trial too?

I agree with Razor . . . that bank makes you pay for it when you don't drive it.
At least on star gives ya one year to try it out. That's a pretty fair trial period. Just wanted to try it before I subscribed. As far as your bank payment shot I can't reply because I don't have payments to make on it. Free and clear baby! Didn't think I deserved to be jumped on Mr THR!!
Tyler H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:01 AM   #41
deuceman

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #479 - 05 Silverado SS
SIRIUS/XM gives the 3 month trial. Somebody has to pay XM for the year service, that's where GM steps in. You have to get your dealer to contact GM to contact XM to get it all set up.
deuceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:29 AM   #42
69NMYSS

Drives: '69 Camaro SS and '12 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorZL1 View Post
I asked my bank if I could only make payments for 6 months of the year as it is in storage the other 6. They said no, bad customer service...... C'mon
I asked the DMV if i could postpone registration since i was not going to be driving one of my vehicles for six months, they said "sure, just complete the planned non operation form". If DMV can do it Sirius should be able to.

BTW, i have a '12 #52 and I only had three months of service??
Old 01-18-2013, 06:49 AM   #43
family man

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler H View Post
You are wrong my friend! There is not a choice to drive the car here this time of year unless you have a death wish and are a complete idiot! Two feet of snow on the ground, sub zero temp and you get stuck in 4x4's and suv's. In 04 I had a Z06 and one day in the winter I decided to sweep out my garage. I backed out of the garage and put it on the driveway. I have a slight incline. I got out and went in the garage and started sweeping. I look up and see my car sliding down the driveway. It only slid 10 feet and no damage occurred but it was a real eye opener. These types of cars are NOT meant to be moved in the winter up here period. Unless you have discovered a hover feature you are pooched!
I never told you to drive your car. I store my car too.

It just cracks me up that you spent all that money on a ZL1 and you are complaining about a FREE 3 month Sirius/XM trial offer and not being able to tell THEM when you want it. As a great man once said, "You strain at a gnat but yet you swallow a camel".

Last edited by family man; 01-18-2013 at 07:00 AM.
family man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:34 AM   #44
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
it does come with 12 months but every third month you need to call the dealer and bitch and they will get it turned back on. done it 3 times already
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #45
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Here is my actual window sticker, and you can see the verbage yourself.

Judge for yourself, but it does NOT actually come right out and say litterally that the first 12 months is free, although that's how most people would probably interpret the wording.

XM Radio + Service Subscription Sold Separetly by SiriusXM after 12 Mnths
Attached Images
File Type: pdf ZL1 Window Sticker.pdf (213.8 KB, 52 views)
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #46
ZEDL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler H View Post
I took delivery on Boxing Day via flat deck of my ZL1. It was dropped right into my garage without even starting her. I prepped her for storage and put on the cover till spring. Yesterday I got a letter from XM saying congrats and enjoy your three month free trial. I smirked seeing as the free trial will expire before I pull the car out of storage. I called to see if I could start the trial in three months from now instead of now due to the car being stored. If so I would pay for a year or two of subscription now but I did not want to start until April. My answer by the CSR was " sir how do we know you aren't driving the car now. We can't delay the activation." My response was that you can see the car the radio is registered to and where I live right? I'm not asking for anything for free I just want my three month trial to start in three months. Not now while she is sleeping! I was basically told to pound sand. I guess I'm just gonna use my iPod and local radio instead when the car comes out. I have a 2011 GMC and a 2012 Cadillac both which will not have the XM hooked up anymore also after this! I know I'm only one guy but three vehicles lost. Not like they care but I figured I wasn't asking much. Just a simple postpone until I am driving the car!
Tyler, try calling again, as you'll likely contact another rep.
I had the same situation - picked up my car last November, put 10 km on her then straight into the garage for the winter.
I called XM and explained the situation, and they very cheerfully deferred my trial period start date until may 1st of 2013.
You may have just reached a les-than-professional service rep...
ZEDL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:43 AM   #47
ZEDL1

I'd forgotten to mention that I also called OnStar, and not only did they defer also the start of my trial period, they left it up to me to choose the start date for this spring, then simply call them to activate it.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #48
ZEDL1

With both of the above having been said, it does remain to be seen what will happen in a few months when I call them back to begin the trial periods...
Old 01-18-2013, 10:56 AM   #49
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfred View Post
Brandon helped me out. Like a lot of you, I have a 2013 ZL1. After 3 months, I lost XM. But the sticker stated 12 months. Brandon contacted them and I got it back.
However, I just added online listening to my account (included with free trial now). I got a confirmation in the snailmail and it states my free period is up in March, which is another 3 months. So I will have to go through the process again when the time comes to get my other 6 months.
Thank you for the shout out! Hope you are enjoying your Camaro.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:40 AM   #50
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
there is so much misinformation in this thread about OnStar and XM services, prices, and the free trials, my head is spinning..