Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Forced Induction - V6 V6 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 02-05-2013, 03:14 PM   #51
jessepang

Drives: 2012 LFX CAMARO
*tear* well after trying to fix it for the past couple of weeks.. I have decided to uninstall it. I've taken it everywhere and nothing. We have removed it 3 times and checked everything but absolutely nothing works out. I just want to return it but I havent heard anything from IPF in weeks. I don't want to sell it because I don't want anyone else to deal with this problem :/
jessepang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:48 PM   #52
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
What?
Does it work properly with the SC uninstalled?
Old 02-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #53
jessepang

Yes it does. It's been a really frustrating couple of weeks.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #54
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
Good lord. Who is installing this kit? Given the facts read in this case it seems to me like the solution should be right there.

What changes to the power steering are made during the install?

Obviously the problem is coming from the kit installation then, and changing the rack is a totally assnine thing to do.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #55
jessepang

That's the funny part. The one who installs it has installed it for numerous camaros and he builds clutches for IPF. So he knows what he's doing and he's as frustrated as I am. He's been more than helpful with this
Old 02-05-2013, 04:14 PM   #56
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
I have sympathy for your situation, but it just seems too strange. Sounds to me like the only part of the steering the IPF touches is the fluid hose, and belt. Have you tried replacing that hose with a new/different one even though IPF said here that the hose does not need a spring to keep it from collapsing? I mean...maybe its just a bad hose?

If its not that...then the belt?? (which is simple enough to check).

What else could it possibly be that is tied to the SC system? I can't think of anything. It just would not make sense that removing the system and returning to stock and like magic the steering is fine again.

Am I missing anything? I can't imagine returning the kit when so many others are running it without the issue.

If you do return it...well sorry for the bad luck :(
Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:54 PM   #57
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS "Hot Blown Six"
it would not work properly was tha it would not work properly was that checked

2012 LS M6,ZL1Brakes, OEM Foglights (BCM Flashed for Fogs),4 Pack Guages, Factory Reproduction Wheels,Nitto NT05 tires 275/315 stagger, Leather OEM Steering Wheel,Hurst Shifter, GM Hurst Leather Shifter knob,OEM Leather Console top,Carbon Fiber Stripe Package,Emblems with Carbon overlays, ZL1 Grill,LSR Stage 4 susp,1LE Strut Brace, SOLO Cats and Exhaust, 1LE Struts/shocks, IPF Supercharger-Redline Motorsports, FSP Tuning
sycraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:58 PM   #58
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessepang View Post
That's the funny part. The one who installs it has installed it for numerous camaros and he builds clutches for IPF. So he knows what he's doing and he's as frustrated as I am. He's been more than helpful with this
Hey, before you send it back and while you have it off, take it back to the dealer and have them check it now. Maybe your pump is not putting out enough pressure and you just don't notice it until you add the drag of the SC. Might be worth a shot.
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:05 PM   #59
ASH@IPF-TUNING

Drives: 4x4 Turbo
Hello !

Last week in China we installed an IPF-SC-Kit at an 2010 LLT Camaro ... did everthing with our machanic team ... the power steering reservior relocation was no problem ... the connection hose was fitted with a strong spring inside and the route between the power steering fluid input to the pump to the reservoir was a nice 90° bend with ca. 100mm radius .. so no collapsing of the pipe possible !

the position of the power steering pump IPF-connector is set by the backplane bracket thats mounted first to the engine !

the only real stupid reason would be NO drilled hole in the power steering pump IPF-connector so that no fluid can go from the reservoir to the pump !

regards ASH@IPF-TUNING
Attached Images

ASH@IPF-TUNING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:08 PM   #60
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
I have the SAME problem. My issue appears to be the $5 part that connects the power steering return line to the pump. I've already replaced the line supplied with the kit with a much better quality, and longer, hose from NAPA, as the kit-supplied line was kinking.

My fitting leaks, and as a result, the system seems to be sucking in enough air to make it unbleedable, jerky in operation and noisy. I could tell the part didn't fit as well as the GM part I removed to replace with the kit, but at the time I didn't give it much thought. I wish I had.

My solution appears to be to use the old part, grind off the retaining tabs and swap it out.

And before anyone asks, I checked the hose and fluid level. I bled the system with the wheels off the ground, several times. There are no obstructions in the line, as the flow in the reservoir looks solid. Air is entering, as the fluid is foamy in the reservoir and fluid leaks out at the fitting. The o-ring was not damaged.

I can fix this.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:13 PM   #61
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria View Post
I have the SAME problem. My issue appears to be the $5 part that connects the power steering return line to the pump. I've already replaced the line supplied with the kit with a much better quality, and longer, hose from NAPA, as the kit-supplied line was kinking.

My fitting leaks, and as a result, the system seems to be sucking in enough air to make it unbleedable, jerky in operation and noisy. I could tell the part didn't fit as well as the GM part I removed to replace with the kit, but at the time I didn't give it much thought. I wish I had.

My solution appears to be to use the old part, grind off the retaining tabs and swap it out.

And before anyone asks, I checked the hose and fluid level. I bled the system with the wheels off the ground, several times. There are no obstructions in the line, as the flow in the reservoir looks solid. Air is entering, as the fluid is foamy in the reservoir and fluid leaks out at the fitting. The o-ring was not damaged.

I can fix this.

John B.
Post up pics of how you fix it.
Build Thread
Old 02-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #62
JohnnyBfromPeoria

What I really should do it put a caliper on the IPF part and the stock one to prove that the diameter of the new part is incorrect.

John B.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #63
KMPrenger

Give us all the information you can. If the hose included with the kit needs to be improved in some way, let us and them know it! As said before, it helps us all out in the end!
Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:02 PM   #64
JohnnyBfromPeoria

The included hose should go directly into the garbage. With or without a spring, if you decide to relocate the reservoir in the position indicated in the kit, it cannot make that bend reliably, I feel, and it will collapse/kink. There are a couple of solutions.

You can relocate the reservoir to the back inside of the D. side fender and extend the small hose. You can buy a quality hose in the same size and use a longer length to get it where it won't take such a sharp turn, as I have done.

I'll be looking hard at the stock fitting that goes into the pump. At this time, I'm not able to say if it can be reused as-is or if it needs to be modified by cutting off its mounting brackets and be held in place with the IPF bracket. I will post about it as it happens, probably within the next 24 hours.

By the way, the hose I bought a bulk piece of was almost $8/ft. The included hose can be trimmed with a utility knife, as its walls are soft and thin. The one I bought has to be cut with a purpose built hose cutter or a serrated knife, as it's much more robust.

John B.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:22 PM   #65
GretchenGotGrowl

Make sure the hose is compatable with brake fluid.
Build Thread
Old 02-05-2013, 08:24 PM   #66
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Make sure the hose is compatable with brake fluid.
It is.

John B.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #67
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria View Post
It is.

John B.
Build Thread
Old 02-06-2013, 08:05 AM   #68
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
I have shortened up my hose, and really had to push down on the reservoir to secure it on the bracket. so I know for sure it will not collapse. I have had no problems. Why give up so soon?
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:28 AM   #69
ASH@IPF-TUNING

Hi !

the 2 hoses that was deliverd in the 2 kits to IPF-TUNING Shanghai was a 30mm hose with 8mm wall thickness and a stabilizing spring inside ... no chance to collapse that ..

Please contact Jesse for more Info !

greets ASH@IPF-TUNING
Old 02-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #70
jessepang

Trust me, I've tried everything you can think of. He had another camaro there with the same IPF kit, and that one had absolutely no problems. We checked it side by side, we've changed hoses, anything and everything. Giving up because ive spent plenty of money buying this kit, and now I'm spending money trying to fix it and havent even had a chance to use it. She's my daily driver , so I kinda need her now. It's been over a month now and ive driven her 3 times. I'm frustrated and I just been wanting to get ahold of Jesse from IPF because I'm not happy with the kit and seeing if I can return it. But so far, nothing in weeks
Old 02-06-2013, 01:19 PM   #71
KMPrenger

Quote:
.... I'm frustrated and I just been wanting to get ahold of Jesse from IPF because I'm not happy with the kit and seeing if I can return it. But so far, nothing in weeks
Very difficult for me to believe that Jesse would be flat out ignoring you unless there is more to the story. You say it has been weeks...He responded on this thread on the 23rd of January I believe. Have you tried to contact him since? Did you just send one email a few weeks ago and nothing since, or have you tried again? Have you called IPF? I mean more people than just Jesse work for them. I'm sure someone will answer if you call.

Its one thing if you are actively trying to contact IPF but are getting ignored or passed around with no outcome. Its another if you are just waiting for them to contact you after you talked or left an email with them a few weeks ago.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:50 PM   #72
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
Quote:
Trust me, I've tried everything you can think of. He had another camaro there with the same IPF kit, and that one had absolutely no problems. We checked it side by side, we've changed hoses, anything and everything. Giving up because ive spent plenty of money buying this kit, and now I'm spending money trying to fix it and havent even had a chance to use it. She's my daily driver , so I kinda need her now. It's been over a month now and ive driven her 3 times. I'm frustrated and I just been wanting to get ahold of Jesse from IPF because I'm not happy with the kit and seeing if I can return it. But so far, nothing in weeks
When was that kit installed? on the other car??
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:47 PM   #73
jessepang

I've emailed him, called him, left voicemails, gone to the actual IPF website and wrote to them. Like I said before, the person who has been helping me with this builds clutches for IPF and installs superchargers for them. Hes also been trying and nothing. I just want to know my options because I don't want to sell it if its the SC itself, and I don't want to keep it.

On the other car, I think it was installed a couple months before mine.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:50 PM   #74
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
I've emailed him, called him, left voicemails, gone to the actual IPF website and wrote to them. Like I said before, the person who has been helping me with this builds clutches for IPF and installs superchargers for them. Hes also been trying and nothing. I just want to know my options because I don't want to sell it if its the SC itself, and I don't want to keep it.

On the other car, I think it was installed a couple months before mine.
Send a private message to ASH@EDS and see if he can get hold of Jesse for you.
Build Thread
Old 02-06-2013, 04:32 PM   #75
ASH@IPF-TUNING

Hi !

Just now send a Mail to my Partner Todd to take care of that problem

Edit : Jesse is out of the office and our installation partner is still working on the car .. waiting on the last results .. as soon Jesse knows more .. he will contact the customer directly ..

greets ASH@IPF-TUNING