Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 02-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #71
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 SS Camaro, 06 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessepang View Post
.... I'm frustrated and I just been wanting to get ahold of Jesse from IPF because I'm not happy with the kit and seeing if I can return it. But so far, nothing in weeks
Very difficult for me to believe that Jesse would be flat out ignoring you unless there is more to the story. You say it has been weeks...He responded on this thread on the 23rd of January I believe. Have you tried to contact him since? Did you just send one email a few weeks ago and nothing since, or have you tried again? Have you called IPF? I mean more people than just Jesse work for them. I'm sure someone will answer if you call.

Its one thing if you are actively trying to contact IPF but are getting ignored or passed around with no outcome. Its another if you are just waiting for them to contact you after you talked or left an email with them a few weeks ago.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:50 PM   #72
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
Quote:
Trust me, I've tried everything you can think of. He had another camaro there with the same IPF kit, and that one had absolutely no problems. We checked it side by side, we've changed hoses, anything and everything. Giving up because ive spent plenty of money buying this kit, and now I'm spending money trying to fix it and havent even had a chance to use it. She's my daily driver , so I kinda need her now. It's been over a month now and ive driven her 3 times. I'm frustrated and I just been wanting to get ahold of Jesse from IPF because I'm not happy with the kit and seeing if I can return it. But so far, nothing in weeks
When was that kit installed? on the other car??
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:47 PM   #73
jessepang

Drives: 2012 LFX CAMARO
I've emailed him, called him, left voicemails, gone to the actual IPF website and wrote to them. Like I said before, the person who has been helping me with this builds clutches for IPF and installs superchargers for them. Hes also been trying and nothing. I just want to know my options because I don't want to sell it if its the SC itself, and I don't want to keep it.

On the other car, I think it was installed a couple months before mine.
jessepang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:50 PM   #74
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
I've emailed him, called him, left voicemails, gone to the actual IPF website and wrote to them. Like I said before, the person who has been helping me with this builds clutches for IPF and installs superchargers for them. Hes also been trying and nothing. I just want to know my options because I don't want to sell it if its the SC itself, and I don't want to keep it.

On the other car, I think it was installed a couple months before mine.
Send a private message to ASH@EDS and see if he can get hold of Jesse for you.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:32 PM   #75
ASH@IPF-TUNING

Drives: 4x4 Turbo
Hi !

Just now send a Mail to my Partner Todd to take care of that problem

Edit : Jesse is out of the office and our installation partner is still working on the car .. waiting on the last results .. as soon Jesse knows more .. he will contact the customer directly ..

greets ASH@IPF-TUNING
ASH@IPF-TUNING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:41 PM   #76
Macrackie

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS Stripper model
I understand the pain of not being responded to. I deal with customer service on a daily basis.

Sadly it sounds if you are having a failure on a 6000 s/c kit over a 5 dollar part. I think johnyb might have a quick solution to the problem with his hose or fitting problems that he has run into.

Please hang in there I know you will enjoy the car if you can get through this glitch.

As a side note I read the forum fairly often and this is the first ipf s/c problem I have seen so far.
Macrackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:49 AM   #77
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
The PS line was the glitch that put the "stall" in my install.

JD my Master Installer at IPF, worked and worked with it til he finally started over from scratch.

Got a new line and oversized O-ring if I'm not mistaken. He was taking pics the whole way and expected this to be the new recommended procedure.

The info should be available anytime. Hang in there man!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #78
Sikoriko

Where are the pics? did you drive the other car with the IPF installed?
Old 02-07-2013, 10:06 AM   #79
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
I too thought about an oversize o-ring, but then I figured that the bigger the o-ring, the bigger the inside diameter of that o-ring would be as well. I did get mine to stop leaking and inhaling air, and I probably did it the most hillbilly way possible. (No offense to actual Hillbillies). I wrapped the fitting with teflon tape and stuck it back in there. I wonder how long until the power steering fluid melts it.

Unfortunately, the Torx head bolt that holds said fitting in place can't take much torque before things go bad, and I noticed the bolt was coming out with aluminum in the bolt threads, so I've managed to strip out the threads in the power steering pump. Sigh.

Anyway, it took probably fifty or more cycles of cranking the wheel back and forth, back and forth while up on a floor jack to bleed the system out. There was air in the farthest reaches of the rack. The wheel started out shuddering like crazy, but slowly got better. It helped to have a helper at this point, as I wouldn't have been able to tell that air was continuing to come up out of there without another set of eyes on it.

I was also able to load a revised tune that Arno put up on the IPF tuning site, so I think I'll be good to go.

For today. Jesse called me as I was getting towards finished last night and offered to buy me a new power steering pump, which is incredibly nice. It should be all kinds of fun to replace it, but ya gotta do...

I can't wait for today's work...because I drive my car all over all day when I'm working...yee haw.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:45 PM   #80
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Getting the air out of the rack was probably the worst part of the install. We took our time the second time after re-seating the inlet to the engine, and thing went a lot better. I'm kind of at a loss of why there would be no pressure by the OP. It does sound like a blockage or pinch in the hose.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:55 PM   #81
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 SS Camaro, 06 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
The PS line was the glitch that put the "stall" in my install.

JD my Master Installer at IPF, worked and worked with it til he finally started over from scratch.

Got a new line and oversized O-ring if I'm not mistaken. He was taking pics the whole way and expected this to be the new recommended procedure.

The info should be available anytime. Hang in there man!
This is good news. Not good that this seems to be a concern about the IPF system, but good that new parts and a method for this part of the install should become the norm.

Haven't heard any other problems with the kit past this.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:57 PM   #82
nikos30
HT5 EastSide

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
start working out my friend! lmao I hope you fix it
Old 02-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #83
Sikoriko

Maybe take off the 245's and put on skinny 3" tires?
Old 02-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #84
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
Someone needs to post the relocated resovoir update that they did