Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:20 PM   #51
camaro10

Drives: 2012 45TH Anniversary SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
the 3.6 di makes 273 ft lbs. which is almost exactly 75% of what that gauge reads. But the pointless thing about a torque gauge is that the 3.6 DI always makes over about 210 ft lbs. so that needle would always stay between 210 and 273, which is nothing
I was about to post that that is what my car has: 3.6L Direct Injection V6: 304 hp at 6400 rpm and 273 lb-ft of torque at 5200 rpm

Copied and pasted directly from the Cadillac website. That is the Cadillac engine cover also incase you were wondering, they just took the Caddy badge off of it.

My car also weighs 3824 lbs, and it's pretty fast, so if this is even 400 lbs lighter, it's gonna scream even with the V-6!!

The jury is out for me about that radio head unit though. I so hope there is a Nav option. But either way, I CAN'T WAIT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Skidmark View Post
I'm glad how the stereo console looks better when the car is turned on,, I mean, the lights make it look less cheap
Cool Sig Skidmark!!

My newest edition, Chevy V8 Power!
camaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:29 PM   #52
neo2227

Drives: 2007 Chevy Tahoe sittin on 22'
Ok guys that box on the top of the rear view mirror is the passanger air bag signal. I was looking at my tahoe and I have the same thing. I was looking at th pics and it seems to say that on there. Are we sure that it says 370lb for torque or 270lb. ?

Yeah it's 370 just saw a good picture of it...
Old 01-29-2008, 09:34 PM   #53
Cubanaso
Follower of CHRIST!

Drives: 2005 Mazda RX8
Quote:
OK I know seeing this car is exciting, but would it kill these spies to steady their hands whilst shooting? 007 they aint.
LOL!!!!

I have to agree, for the sake of all that is Holy...FOCUS man FOCUS, lol. But, don't take that the wrong way...THANK YOU FOR ALL THE PICS!!!!!

Like someone said, the interior might just be growing on me or beating me down (not sure) but it does look better than the last pic's. So...I won't complain and actually say that for a test car the interior quality looks like it's going to be pretty dang good.

A question, I don't expect a for sure answer but I was thinking about this. If the V6 is going to have Mustang GT like power do you think GM is going to make the V8 out of reach for us poor folks? I worry with such a good V6 (dare I say that or complain they are sticking it in the Camaro) with good HP if the V8 will be out of reach for me.

Now, I remember GM said some place that it would start much lower than my 25K wish but I'm trying to figure out where the V8 will come in with such a good V6. Will there be 3 engines for the Camaro? Just thinking out loud I guess...

Anyway, I will 2nd or 3rd it...PLEASE, for a young dad who is planing another baby I'd love to see some pic's of the back seats. My hope is that it has enough space back there that my son wont go crazy back there even when he gets older but my worry is that it will be very tight back there like previous Camaro's (while as a teen I fight...tight mind you, but livable for a night out).

Anyway, again...these pic's are way better than the last.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:45 PM   #54
Warghost

Drives: Camaros & Mustangs
The car looks better every day! I'm really liking the 3 small headlight configuration. I hope they keep that design. I also noticed that everywhere the driver's elbows rest there is leather, which means comfort on long trips. The key fob looks nice (compact and other keys held away from the steering column) and it appears there may be an in-dash 6 CD player. Nice! The LCD HUD looks great also. Hopefully next we'll see the final design of the steering wheel's control scheme. Hoping for stereo controls, and that would explain the missing trim pieces there.

Having the fuel cap on the right is a GREAT thing. Reduces dings on that looong door when refueling.

What is that lock button on the dash for? (under the hazard switch) Is that really for both doors??

I thought remote start was illegal on vehicles with manual transmissions. Is that not correct?

Last edited by Warghost; 01-29-2008 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Changed some questions....with better questions. :)
Warghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:51 PM   #55
The_Blur
Moderator, USN

Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
GM, don't change a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by num1panthersfan View Post
I just don't believe that GM is gonna put 370 lb-ft. torque in a V6.
The gauge will go significantly higher than the V6 will actually produce. Plus, if you're going to build the motor to produce more horsepower and torque, it wouldn't do you very much good to have a torque gauge that doesn't show all your torque now, does it?
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:53 PM   #56
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
This is awesome!!!!!!!!
I love the color of the backlights
This is defintitly the 3.6 liter but we dont know if its direct injected or not. But it stolen right from the cadi cts. The base v6 still might be the 3.9.
Attached Images

AirGoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:54 PM   #57
Warghost

Drives: Camaros & Mustangs
Just noticed two things:

The black matted area around the rear view mirror, something every auto maker should have. Sun visors can only do so much.

Also, the hood is supported with hydraulics. Nice touch, and should set peoples' minds at ease, this WILL be a high quality performance car, and at a comparable price to a Mustang.

It's a great time to be a Camaro fan!
Warghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:00 PM   #58
Cubanaso
Follower of CHRIST!

Drives: 2005 Mazda RX8
AirGoya's last post made me think I was not waring glasses while looking at the spy shots, lol. Focus...not focused, makes a HUGE difference...lol.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:07 PM   #59
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
I a little confused on the speedometer. Why does it have a red area like a red line on the rpm gauge?
Also above the center screen where it says 'hood open' there is some area that isnt lit up. What is there?

AirGoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:22 PM   #60
smike07

Drives: 1998 convertible Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmadhi View Post
Anyone see the Battery in the engine compartment? .. I seem to not see it... hmmm

Oh and yes I want this car!

Other things ive noticed,

remote start built into key
menu/select option on radio (mp3/ipod integration)
Phone option on radio (bluetooth)
dead pedal on floor next to clutch
No door lock/unlock button/toggle on door panel
strut for hood lift
I would imagine it is in the rear. It's probably next to the spare tire. Volvo has this same setup. It helps with the 50/50 weight distribution. It adds another 50 lbs. That's my theory.
smike07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:40 PM   #61
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Drives: 2005 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1panthersfan View Post
I just don't believe that GM is gonna put 370 lb-ft. torque in a V6.
The Gauge is maxed at 370, it does not mean the engine wil produce 370.
it's like the Tach going to 8000 RPM when the Redline is 6000.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:41 PM   #62
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Someone's getting fired, Someone's getting fired, Someone's getting fired, Someone's getting fired!!! That poor, poor soul. Too bad - we got pictures!!! (Albeit I was hoping to be surprised - still will, though.)

mmmm - mmm!
LCD screens, Beautiful guages! V6 ( Told 'ya) Look at that Overhead data area for the Airbags!! And - OH! I just LOVE every bit of it. This is a car I can own, and EVERY DAY stare at it for hours...just because I am that proud...

Wonderful day. I nearly strangle myself at work...just to have it ALL rectified!

Thanks all - and I think I can say, that out of 5 pages - 99% of the folks here like it...is that good news?....Um, yeah!
Thank you Camaro team, Thank you Scott, thank you GM!!!!

And.......sorry, Ford.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:48 PM   #63
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Drives: 2005 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warghost View Post

I thought remote start was illegal on vehicles with manual transmissions. Is that not correct?
You are correct,
In Virginia it's Illegal to have a Remote Starter Period. to many cars stolen when people leave there cars running in the driveway to warm them up.

ButI think there talking about is keyless start, where you just need to have the key on your person and push a button to start the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoya View Post
I a little confused on the speedometer. Why does it have a red area like a red line on the rpm gauge?
Also above the center screen where it says 'hood open' there is some area that isnt lit up. What is there?
I will bet that this is the Top speed for the V6, the V8 will have a smaller red shaded area, this allows to keep a single gauge setup just change the color overlay,
Old 01-29-2008, 11:02 PM   #64
LDiablo
Z27 Enthusiast

Drives: 2007 Silverado Crew Cab 4x4
Not convinced that is remote start

I'm not sure what's got folks thinking that is a remote start on the key fob. It it is the silver button in upper left - is most likely a button for a switchblade style key. The key pops out of the fob like a switchblade.

Had one on a Mazda 3 rental car. Sat in parking lot of airport wondering where I'd lost the key when I finally hit the button and key popped out. Duh. It's gimmicky. A friend says the Chrysler Crossfire has same thing.

As for the photos, progress to new Camaro is welcome. The road to production of course is paved with cheap shortcuts. But so long as we get a Camaro that holds its own - we'll be alright.

The radio by the way is not too unlike my '07 Silverado radio in that it has one big screen with multi-purpose buttons depending on the mode. Looks like GM's moving that way and can have an underlying radio that can be styled in numerous ways and still keep it cheap.

Please God - send us a Super Sport!
LDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:36 PM   #65
Grape Ape

Drives: 96 Bronco w/ a 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDiablo View Post
I'm not sure what's got folks thinking that is a remote start on the key fob. It it is the silver button in upper left - is most likely a button for a switchblade style key. The key pops out of the fob like a switchblade.
There are also four buttons. Three are obvious (lock, unlock and trunk) and one that looks like an arrow going in a circle. I've not seen this symbol before, but I can't think of what it could be other than a remote start.
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:51 PM   #66
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I'd say it looks more like a C. I think this could be a remote start button, but that is not for sure. If it looked like a Q I would be more confident, since that would be the on/off symbol thats used so commonly now. But just a C? I don't know. Also, it looks like there is another button below that with red or orange on it.

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:09 AM   #67
PoPoCamaro

Drives: 2000 Dodge Dakota
It's remote start....the "C" has an arrow on it and it's to symbolize "turning the car over" or ON to those who don't know what that is.

Also, why would remote start be illegal in some states. To my knowledge, the only factory remote starting cars also shut off the engine as soon as you hit one of the pedals....which is required to get it into gear.

Love the pics and thanks for posting them! Can't wait to get a pic of me in one!

Two more thoughts:

1. The button on the door is for the trunk because it shows a little car with it's trunk open...if it was for the fuel door it would probably just be a pic of a fuel pump.

2. I'm not sure about the door locks being in the center of the car....what if you're standing at the drivers door and you want to unlock the door for a passenger....your options are to pull your key fob out again and push it twice or get in the car and push the button. I have a key fob for my truck...and even though it opens both doors I still use the button on the door quite often to open the other...and i'm not always sitting in it when I do it.

Just some thoughts.
PoPoCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:37 AM   #68
VTXrider

Drives: RY 2SS/RS
Wow that dash really does look good in these pics! I was getting worried about that. I am still confused about the speedo turning red over 120. A DI V6 or even with out I think the car could do more than that, ussually a car is governed to the Speed ratings of the tires so if it came with H rated tires in the V6 that means governed to 130. Remote start is cool, but there was clearly a key hole in prior pics so no push botton start. In an factory set up I have seen the car shuts off if you try to put into gear without the key in the ignition in the on position. I would think it is pretty easy to disable remote start if the car is in gear so I don't see why it would be illegal with a manual trany but they make a lot of pointless laws so maybe.

All said this interior is looking alot better, I can't wait to see the SS/Z28 interior!!!
VTXrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:06 AM   #69
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Everything I wanted to say has already been said. I'm happy. I'm curious to see if the lights change. Love the trunk pop on the door. Gas cap better be on the left side....convenience, people. Just be careful opening your door. Like the center LCD. Hope it looks more "warm" versus cold, thin, blue lines for letters. Don't know about the center door lock. I don't see a door lock on either side, there...just the window controls, side mirror controls, and the handle of course (and trunk pop). That center airbag homelink (whatever the heck it is), is going to need to be smaller....or simply built in better. I don't want some big box hanging down from my roof. Sorry, don't want to offend anyone, but it does look rather large and out of place there. Battery? If it is in the trunk, I'm happy GM is taking the time to make the weight distribution better....works for me!!! Good job. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Now...for engines, I'll need to jump over to that thread. But, I want to read up on the Caddy's 3.9ltr now.

Good shots, guys. Now...HOLD THE CAMERA STILL.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:15 AM   #70
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
I definitely looks like the battery will be trunk mounted. It looks like there is a positive post just behind the Air Filter box on the right side of the engine compartment for you to be able to jump it from the front end. It looks red in the first pic, but copper in the second. I'm pretty sure that is what it is.

Also on the Key Fob... the circular arrow is a remote start symbol. I have seen it on other key fob's. Just because it is on the remote doesn't mean that it is installed in the vehicle. I wouldn't expect to see it on a manual shift car. I really like the switchblade style key.

When are we going to see the fuel door?
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:22 AM   #71
Dark Eric

Drives: 1998 Pontiac Firebird
This site is just awesome! Thanks for the email updates!

They gotta do something with that horn and steering wheel, why can't they make it more like the CTS-V/Corvette or something (with steering wheel controls), BTW what size radio will fit? It looks like a new spec or something...I don't want to use spacers...lol!
Old 01-30-2008, 02:06 AM   #72
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Looking good... What gets me is almost all the spy photo's we have been seeing are blurred... HUMMMM, makes you think...

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:10 AM   #73
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
Has anyone noticed that in the last pic that it's a Black car with White triangles, instead of a White car with the Black triangles? I haven't seen one painted like this yet.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:41 AM   #74
mega_man_01103

Drives: 2011-12 Chevy Camaro
Send a message via AIM to mega_man_01103

WOW you guys are quick on the trigger. i got off this sight last night right before these pics went up and now its 6 am and there are already 5 pages of posts.

all of you have already said and commented on everything that i would have. I just spent 15 minutes looking at the pics just to have something new to post.......ive got a few comments.

why use the caddy engine cover? either the camaro engine cover is not completed or they are hiding something.

the steering wheel leather looks kinda loose like it was just wrapped around just cuz. makes it look cheap. and speaking of steering wheel, i have a feeling that the steering wheel will change. i have not seen not one steering wheel in the past say 5 years without mounted controls such as radio and crusie control.

wheres the cruise control button?

one last thing, notice in pics 13 and 14 the images outside the winshied are blurred and swirled like they are photoshopped as is to hide other vehicles. what are you guys hiding huh?

lol

I LOVE IT GM ......keep up the good work!!!!!!

mega_man_01103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:13 AM   #75
85convertibleZ28
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rs cgm M6
[QUOTE=TAG UR IT;42333] That center airbag homelink (whatever the heck it is), is going to need to be smaller....or simply built in better. I don't want some big box hanging down from my roof. Sorry, don't want to offend anyone, but it does look rather large and out of place there.

Hey TAG they are bringing back the 8 track tape. lol
85convertibleZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote