Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Kraft Werks
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #1
Camaro_34

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS
Dealer Not Honoring 1K Private Offer

Quick back story.....

After a few weeks of talking to a dealership about a built to order camaro, I finally got to a price that was reasonable. He confirmed all the details and price via email on the 19th (Saturday). I showed up the 21st (Monday) to place the deposit, since car dealerships are not open on Sunday, due to state law. I received an email from them this morning, stating the private offer no longer stands. So he emailed me all the details via email which clearly stated the private offer is included, and within 24 hours AFTER the deposit is made, I get an email stating it is no longer valid, as in his words "the car must be produced for the private offer to be valid."

Is this a pure example of bait and switch? Every single detail about the vehicle, price, etc., were clearly understand through both email and in dealership visits. I have contacted chevy.com live help as well as their customer service and both state the offer is in fact valid and should not be denied. There are taking their sweet @ss time responding to my email, so I will wait before I put this dealership on blast. Thoughts and advice?
Camaro_34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #2
xcrunxc

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS
Did you have to order your Camaro?

If you have the offer from the website, it says right on it that you must take delivery by 1/31/2013, which would not happen if you had to order it. It seems like the private offer from the Chevy website pops up during the last two weeks or so of every month, so you might be able to get it again when you actually take delivery of your car.

If you are buying one they already have on the lot, then I have no idea why they would not honor it.

I know the dealer I ordered mine from specifically told me they would apply whatever incentives are available *at the time the car is actually delivered*.
xcrunxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN

Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
The private offer is a reimbursement from GM for $1,000 that the dealer is taking off the price of select customer cars. If you got that coupon, it means GM is taking that loss, not your dealer. If there's an expiration date anywhere on that coupon, then your dealer isn't to blame for not making that deadline due to ordering or locating.

Keep your eyes open for new discounts at the time of deliver. It's a new year, and the next model year is just around the corner.
The_Blur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #4
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, family truckster
I did something very similar but I had a really odd scenario. I can vouch for the dealer, though. Until there is a VIN, you cannot run the voucher. Dealer doesn't care b/c it is paid back by GM.

In my case I paid in full two days before the car arrived at the dealer. Many dealers do not like to finish the transaction with no car because it makes it really messy to undo if it comes in and the transaction falls apart for one reason or another.

You need to wait until you have a VIN, beat up the website for a current offer, then close the deal on the delivered car before the end of the month. If the car is produced in the middle of the month, this can become a really tricky dance.

By the time your ordered car comes in, you current voucher will have become expired.
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #5
jperaino

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS Convertible
The dealer is absolutely correct. They have to deliver the car prior to the expiration of the Private Offer.
jperaino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #6
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet

Drives: SS/RS 6spd,Pace Car,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by jperaino View Post
The dealer is absolutely correct. They have to deliver the car prior to the expiration of the Private Offer.
734-479-7117 ...
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet.com
Available Camaro Inventory///Body Color XM Antenna
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:21 PM   #7
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: ZL1#206 (Sold) 6th Gen!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_34 View Post
Quick back story.....

After a few weeks of talking to a dealership about a built to order camaro, I finally got to a price that was reasonable. He confirmed all the details and price via email on the 19th (Saturday). I showed up the 21st (Monday) to place the deposit, since car dealerships are not open on Sunday, due to state law. I received an email from them this morning, stating the private offer no longer stands. So he emailed me all the details via email which clearly stated the private offer is included, and within 24 hours AFTER the deposit is made, I get an email stating it is no longer valid, as in his words "the car must be produced for the private offer to be valid."

Is this a pure example of bait and switch? Every single detail about the vehicle, price, etc., were clearly understand through both email and in dealership visits. I have contacted chevy.com live help as well as their customer service and both state the offer is in fact valid and should not be denied. There are taking their sweet @ss time responding to my email, so I will wait before I put this dealership on blast. Thoughts and advice?
In order to use the GM private offer the car must be in their possession. Private offer doesn't work if you just order a vehicle.

Last edited by FINALLYSATISFIED; 01-22-2013 at 08:33 PM.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:25 PM   #8
Camaro_34

So then they dealer is pretty sketchy giving me an agreed upon invoice as well as a confirmed email stating everything looks good, knowing the car needed to be ordered. As soon as I paid, the next morning it states I cant use the private offer when 24 hours earlier I could, just doesnt seem right.

So, if I wanted to use a private offer that would be good on the vehicle, I would need one that is valid for next month. What is the cycle on these, and if I clear cookies will they run these next month, so it would expire end of February/March? Thanks
Old 01-22-2013, 06:35 PM   #9
yotaman96

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2000 Trans Am WS6
Could they dealer locate one for you or did you order something special?
2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 4x4
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:57 PM   #10
VQ35DE

Drives: 2013 / 2SS / RS / L99
If it has been invoiced they can use it. Correct Becky ?????
VQ35DE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:58 PM   #11
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN

Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by jperaino View Post
Of course, your dealer is still an idiot for not telling you this in advance.
The_Blur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:01 PM   #12
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet

Drives: SS/RS 6spd,Pace Car,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by VQ35DE View Post
If it has been invoiced they can use it. Correct Becky ?????
Yes... Invoiced includes a VIN...
So papers can be completed before the vehicle
physically arrives ...
734-479-7117 ...
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet.com
Available Camaro Inventory///Body Color XM Antenna
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:30 PM   #13
Camaro_34

I contacted them today and they told me that the private offer is only good once the car has been produced. So it looks like I will have to hope I can get a $1k private offer in a valid time frame of when it is produced and paid for. For this custom order it wont be done until end of March. Are private offer available then?
Old 01-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #14
chef-beavis

They change the availability on them according to season, zip code, inventory, demand, etc. You should try and best of luck to you!!! I'd try every month until your car comes in. You're not out anything if you get one and it expires while you wait.

They generally become available mid-month from what some close watchers on them have reported.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #15
EM1/SS

Drives: 11 2SS/RS M6 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_34 View Post
I contacted them today and they told me that the private offer is only good once the car has been produced. So it looks like I will have to hope I can get a $1k private offer in a valid time frame of when it is produced and paid for. For this custom order it wont be done until end of March. Are private offer available then?
When you put money down to order the car that does not mean you can't back out. Make sure they will be good with giving you your deposit back if the deal is not to your liking when the car arrives.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:43 PM   #16
Camaro_34

Quote:
Originally Posted by EM1/SS View Post
When you put money down to order the car that does not mean you can't back out. Make sure they will be good with giving you your deposit back if the deal is not to your liking when the car arrives.
Deposit was paid a few days ago, and I was told I could get it back in an email, but I really dont want to let $1,000 get me emotional to the point where it pisses me off and I let it go. I am going to hope I can get the private offer to pop up next month. 1k isnt the end of the world, but it would be nice to be able to use it. If anyone gets word of anything or happens to get a private offer that ends in March let me know. I would highly appreciate it and it would help out another Camaro5 user. Thanks
Old 01-23-2013, 08:53 PM   #17
77rs

Drives: '13 SS/RS conv. RY
I think its too early to get a $1000. private offer that expires in march. Have to wait till sometime in feb. to get one that expires in march.
77rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:01 PM   #18
Camaro_34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77rs View Post
I think its too early to get a $1000. private offer that expires in march. Have to wait till sometime in feb. to get one that expires in march.
Yea, sorry if my last post was confusing. This is what I plan on doing, but I was wondering if that private offer runs in March. Hopefully.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:54 AM   #19
PatsRS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
GM is pretty good with these and they are usually always available. you should be able to find one by the time your car arrives. Keep checking here.

GM ALL THE WAY!

PatsRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:08 AM   #20
chef-beavis

You have to get one in March that expires in March. They are only good for a few weeks. You also have to start filling the form out almost right away when it pops up, in my experience. Someone damned near needs your information to put in it before they start trying or by the time they contact you it disappears. I cannot fill one out for me and then change it to you or transfer it. That said, I haven't found it difficult to get them to pop up.

Good luck!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:59 AM   #21
VQ35DE

Drives: 2013 / 2SS / RS / L99
I just got another $1000 pop up . Good thru 1/31/13.
VQ35DE is offline   Reply With Quote