Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2013, 02:57 AM   #1
Jims Mongoose
Jim
 
Jims Mongoose's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 632
Camaro 1LE test Drive

Did you see that test drive on the 1LE, not sure what the show was on TV but, wow. They plugged the Boss Mustang more than the 1LE. Don't get me wrong they had some nice things to say about our car, but things like it still feels like a 'Camaro', the mustang is more nimble. Well someone should tell him that the 1LE beats just about everyone around the track, including the 'Boss'. Also 'Interior' materials a little cheap, what does he expect, 'Ferrari' leather?

Really the Camaro interior kills both the Mustang and the Challenger for looks and quality of materials, fit and finish etc.

Did anyone else see this test?

Please comment.

Jim
Jims Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #2
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: A Mountain Road
Posts: 7,082
Motorweek? If so yes. It was a VERY bland and weak assessment.
__________________
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:54 PM   #3
racerx1214
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 201
Well he is right about the interior compared to the Mustang.
racerx1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #4
Wildcherry13
 
Wildcherry13's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS IOM 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 330
I missed it. But id love to catch a repeat! What show and Channel was it on?
Wildcherry13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #5
Banshee
Institutionally Insane
 
Banshee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Detroit MI
Posts: 2,113
Who cares if the interior is bland compared to a loser...

It is a track car, not a Cadillac.
__________________
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #6
beany323

 
beany323's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2SS /RS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Southern Cali.
Posts: 1,523
cant wait to hear that the z28 only had 1 speaker. not even stereo, mono!

lol
__________________
"The fact the GT500 can barely beat a $37k car with 200 less horsepower speaks volumes. There are about a million mods you can do to a LS3 to make a Camaro do the 1/4 faster then a GT500." (Vroom.)

Updated w/ Willow Springs:
1. Nissan GTR Track Pack 1:19.6 2. Ducati 1198 S 1:19.7 3. Nissan GTR 1:20.3 4. Corvette Z06 1:20.4
5. Audi R8 V10 Plus 1:22.0 6. Ferrari 458 Italia 1:22.3
7. CAMARO SS 1LE 1:22.7
8. Shelby GT 500 1:23.5
9. Mustang Gt Track Pack 1:25.8
beany323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:13 PM   #7
Cody6.2
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Who cares if the interior is bland compared to a loser...

It is a track car, not a Cadillac.
So the Mustang was a loser because the 1LE pulled a better lap time? God forbid we mention that it does everything else better.
Cody6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:09 PM   #8
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: A Mountain Road
Posts: 7,082
^ Uh, no!
__________________
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:34 PM   #9
Boydr12
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, 2013 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Henderson, NC
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody6.2 View Post
So the Mustang was a loser because the 1LE pulled a better lap time? God forbid we mention that it does everything else better.
Get off the forum.. All you do is trash the 1LE.. We're glad your so jealous of it
Boydr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:49 PM   #10
Bauer2
 
Bauer2's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE and 2009 R1
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody6.2 View Post
So the Mustang was a loser because the 1LE pulled a better lap time? God forbid we mention that it does everything else better.
God forbid a test about two track ready cars base it off of who is a better track car.

You know no matter what you say you are a jaded little man who does nothing but come here and bad mouth the camaro every chance you get. You can say what you want but it's extremely obvious in every post.

Sent from the future!!
Bauer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:43 PM   #11
beany323

 
beany323's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2SS /RS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Southern Cali.
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody6.2 View Post
So the Mustang was a loser because the 1LE pulled a better lap time? God forbid we mention that it does everything else better.
see sig. pretty much puts the fords in their place.
__________________
"The fact the GT500 can barely beat a $37k car with 200 less horsepower speaks volumes. There are about a million mods you can do to a LS3 to make a Camaro do the 1/4 faster then a GT500." (Vroom.)

Updated w/ Willow Springs:
1. Nissan GTR Track Pack 1:19.6 2. Ducati 1198 S 1:19.7 3. Nissan GTR 1:20.3 4. Corvette Z06 1:20.4
5. Audi R8 V10 Plus 1:22.0 6. Ferrari 458 Italia 1:22.3
7. CAMARO SS 1LE 1:22.7
8. Shelby GT 500 1:23.5
9. Mustang Gt Track Pack 1:25.8
beany323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:06 PM   #12
BigBlock69RS
Ed
 
BigBlock69RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx1214 View Post
Well he is right about the interior compared to the Mustang.
X2" that is the only area the boss mustang wins ;p
__________________
BigBlock69RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #13
Jims Mongoose
Jim
 
Jims Mongoose's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 632
Not a good road test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody6.2 View Post
So the Mustang was a loser because the 1LE pulled a better lap time? God forbid we mention that it does everything else better.

No intent on my part to trash the Mustang. I was more trashing the review with obviously a great deal of information missing as apparent by the comments.
If he wanted to bring the Boss into it then get your facts straight.


At least the test confirmed the Zero to sixty numbers and quarter mile numbers. I don't recall if they used the launch mode. Did he say?

All I have to do is put the extra 4000 to 6000 dollars I didn't spend on the Boss and put it into my 1LE ---- well I don't even have to say it.

Jim
Jims Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #14
racerx1214
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 201
Don't feed him.
racerx1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.