Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

USA - Southeast AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN, VA, WV

Old 01-23-2013, 07:49 AM   #1
45THanniversarySS

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniverary Edition
FT CAMPBELL CAMARO MEET AND GREET-PLEASE READ IF YOU'RE IN THE AREA

Hey everyone, its about that time for the 101st to see combat again and I thought it a good idea if all the Camaro owners came together soon for a meet and greet befor we say goodbye to all the loved ones...If at all possible I would like to make this happen on February 2nd (Saturday for anyone who is about to check their calendars lol) we would meet up in the Clarksville area at around 1300 so everyone has time to grab lunch befor they show up, its totally free just a meet and greet...kinda like a farwell, see you soon meet up to pay tribute to the soldiers about to leave and serve their country...If anyone is interested let me know, I would really like to get all the Camaro guys and gals out here maybe take a few group photos of the cars and enjoy the day, and if you dont own a Camaro and just wanna swing by and check out the cars and pay you're respect to brothers in arms thats fine too, the more the better. Hope its a good turnout!
L99, SLP LTH, HF Cats, LM1 Axel Backs, K&N CAI, DBR Tune, 20% Tint, 2 10" Kicker CVT's with Rockford Fosgate P1000 amp, Victory red painted Tower Strut, BMR Lowering Springs 1.4" Front 1" Back, and Fuzzy Dice...Currently in rout to install-ZL1 Bumper Conversion and Razzi Rockers...Soon to have Custom Heads, Cam, LS3 Conversion, 3.91 gears with 500+ RWHP on a NA build...Then the FI comes soon after!
45THanniversarySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:22 AM   #2
45THanniversarySS

wow thats pretty cool how no one whats to help participate in this, 56 views and no replys, shows how much ya'll care about soldiers
L99, SLP LTH, HF Cats, LM1 Axel Backs, K&N CAI, DBR Tune, 20% Tint, 2 10" Kicker CVT's with Rockford Fosgate P1000 amp, Victory red painted Tower Strut, BMR Lowering Springs 1.4" Front 1" Back, and Fuzzy Dice...Currently in rout to install-ZL1 Bumper Conversion and Razzi Rockers...Soon to have Custom Heads, Cam, LS3 Conversion, 3.91 gears with 500+ RWHP on a NA build...Then the FI comes soon after!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:48 PM   #3
GnyaTek

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS Vert
I encourage you and any others from the Ft Campbell area to join the Clarksville club's social group (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=296)

The group is trying to plan activities and gather more folks from Clarksville and Ft Campbell area to join in various activities. There are a lot of 5th Gens around the area there, but trying to get them to gather has been a bit of a challenge (possibly due to many soldiers passing through the area for short periods of time, deployments, transfers, etc).

As for this weekend, the group already is planning to meet on Saturday:

Where: Buffalo Wild Wings
When: Feb. 2, 2012 @ 12:30
Bring your Camaro ... bring your friends/family.

Not sure if I will be able to make it, but a few of us from Nashville are looking to make the trip up there. (The original plan for meeting up there yesterday was postponed due to conflict with MCCC's officer meeting in Nashville).

Music City Camaro Club tries to plan 1-2+ events in Clarksville to try to help call attention to the Clarksville group and encourage more activities. We are very supportive of Ft. Campbell and have participated in the past 2 years Wounded Warrior/Operation Homefront benefits on Veteran's Day weekend.

Please feel free to also join the Music City Camaro Club's social group:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=148

And links to Ft Campbell/Clarksville events that we have done in the past:

Veteran's Day 2012 - Operation Homefront/Holiday House Benefit: (Camaro5 homepage)
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260270

Veteran's Day 2011 - Wounded Warrior Benefit: (Camaro5 homepage)
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182097

Music City Camaro Club salute to 101st (member of the club deployed to Afghanistan): (Camaro5 homepage)
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254265

We also attended the McGuiar's car show in Sept 2011 at Oak Grove, KY (not sure if folks attended in 2012 or not) - can't find link to picture thread
GnyaTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:59 PM   #4
jeffswhitess

Drives: 2010 ss2 white w/gold stripes
I would like to come up for this.
jeffswhitess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:27 PM   #5
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Mike & I will try to come if life does not get in the way.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:11 AM   #6
45THanniversarySS

yea game changed for me due to fiance wanting to move the wedding date to the 1st of february so ill be back on the 4th if anyone in the area still wants to link up,maybe grab a bite to eat...id love to see what everyone has done to there cars cuz im looking for some radical ideas to do to mine...so let me know on what ppl think of monday to meet or something...once again sry i cant do the 2nd due to getting married (wife comes first in my life)
Old 02-01-2013, 05:47 PM   #7
GnyaTek

Provided weather holds ...

Nashville Meet up to cruise to Clarkesville together:

Meeting at Hardee's on Elm Hill Pike at 10:30-ish - leaving 11:00-ish. This will give us a bit of cushion in case of issues on the road and time to chat before going inside @ Clarkesville.

For those wanting to meet up further along, shoot me a PM with a contact number and I can call as we leave - or can just meet you in Clarkesville.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:56 AM   #8
GnyaTek

Definitely looking bad weatherwise here in south Nashville.

Have snow covered roads, cold temps, and snow still coming down and accumulating steadily here.

This is a no-go for me ... summer tires with very little tread left is not a good combo with snow/cold. (Yes I could drive it in this, but would not be fun ... could not enjoy it topdown ... and the other idiots on the road would likely have traffic blocked or run into me). :(

Hopefully y'all have it clear up there and have a good showing.