Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission Tune and diagnostics for engines and auto transmission.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:55 AM   #1
navyblueburnout
navyblueburnout

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
MAF sensor???

Been having this problem where randomly my car will miss fire like crazy, the stabilitrac light comes on, check engine light comes on, and it tells me "loss of power". It happened for the first time yesterday(twice) and once this morning on my way to work. The CELs are p0068 and p0300. I cleaned the MAF sensor with MAF cleaner yesterday and it seamed to be perfectly fine after that but then did it again this morning. I'm completely stumped. And yes I did do a search on the forum but couldn't fine anything. Any and all help will be very much appreciated.

Car is 2010 Camaro SS manual.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #2
LSX Camaro
Master ASE, GM, LSX Tech.

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I would take a good look at all the spark plug wires. A loose wire will cause a misfire that will turn on the stabilitrak light and reduced engine power.

P0300 is a random engine misfire
P0068 Throttle Body air flow performance

The ECM detects that the throttle position and the indicated engine load do not correspond with the expected load and throttle position for less than 1 second.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets

• P0068
  • DTC P0068 is a Type A DTC.
  • The control module commands the throttle actuator control (TAC) system to operate in the Reduced Engine Power mode.
  • A message center or an indicator displays Reduced Engine Power.
  • Under certain conditions the control module commands the engine OFF.
Circuit/System Testing

1. Inspect for the following conditions:
    • Vacuum hoses for splits, kinks, and proper connections as shown on Vehicle Emission Control Information label
    • Inspect thoroughly for any type of leak or restriction
    • Air leaks at Q38 throttle body mounting area and intake manifold sealing surfaces
    • Inspect Q38 throttle body for dirt, debris, and coking. Refer to Throttle Body Cleaning.
  2. Allow the engine to reach operating temperature. Observe the Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor Voltage parameter with a scan tool. Voltage should be greater than 0.8 V and less than 4 V.
    ⇒X If greater than 4 V or less than 0.8 V, refer to DTC P0106.
  3. Idle the engine. Observe the MAP Sensor kPa/psi parameter with a scan tool. Increase the engine speed slowly and then back to idle. The MAP sensor kPa/psi should change smoothly and gradually as engine speed is increased and returned to idle.
    ⇒X If the MAP sensor kPa does not change, refer to DTC P0106for further diagnosis.
  4. Take a snapshot of the engine data list while performing the actions listed below. The mass air flow (MAF) sensor should change smoothly and gradually as the engine speed is increased and is returned to idle.
    • Idle the engine.
    • Increase the engine speed slowly to 3,000 RPM, then back to idle.
    • Exit from the snapshot and review the data.
    • Observe the Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor parameter frame by frame with a scan tool. The MAF sensor should change smoothly and gradually as the engine speed is increased and is returned to idle .
      ⇒X If the MAF sensor does not change smoothly and gradually as the engine speed is increased and is returned to idle refer to DTC P0101 or P1101.
  5. Inspect the Q38 throttle body for the following conditions:
    • Loose or damaged throttle blade
    • Broken throttle shaft
    • Any throttle body damage
    ⇒X If any of these conditions exist, replace the Q38 throttle body assembly.
LSX Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #3
JProberts

Drives: 2SS RJT RS/Sunroof
Yep I had that same problem a few months back and the spark plug was barely connected. Pushed it back in and worked fine after.
JProberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:02 AM   #4
Tampa Tuning
Like us on Facebook!

Drives: C5 Corvette/ 2010 Camaro
Have you done anything to the car recently where you could have loosened up something?

Is the car modified
Phil
www.TampaTuning.com

Read these testimonials :
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...20#post7838320
Follow us on INSTAGRAM #TAMPATUNING
www.TampaTuning.com
Camaro Corvette CTS GTO Tuner Tampa Orlando Bradenton
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote