Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 01-29-2013, 10:13 PM   #26
Wuiquen

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
havent had any issues with the car stalling. just a bit disappointed i guess.. I am gonna give it a chance to learn the tune and drive it a little bit before i say anything.. Just saying that for 300..mmmm idk
Old 01-29-2013, 10:22 PM   #27
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Where did you buy the tune? Doesn't BMR give refunds for the tune or do they not?
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:04 AM   #28
Lil' Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: Supercharged V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Where did you buy the tune? Doesn't BMR give refunds for the tune or do they not?
They have to one customer that I know of, he was having problems tuning his car etc and it was a manual

Edit: found it

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271119
Old 01-30-2013, 01:17 AM   #29
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
IPF tune, FTW. It makes a hE!! of a difference on my 1LS.

JMHO.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:56 PM   #30
BNRacing

Drives: 2010 Cobalt SS, 1972 Nova
Did you send in a data log yet?
BNRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:02 PM   #31
Wuiquen

No data log sent in yet.. works kept me busy.. i will do this soon.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:03 PM   #32
Wuiquen

Idk about refunds, i am hoping it gets better but today i drove the car and.it feels so weird and not as much power as before.. maybe i need some changes. Hope to send the data log soon...
Old 01-31-2013, 09:18 PM   #33
BNRacing

Drives: 2010 Cobalt SS, 1972 Nova
If you send in a data log we can take a look and see whats up
BNRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:43 AM   #34
SixCyl

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
It definitely took my car like two week for it to feel good. I have an auto and it felt kinda weak right upon tuning but after a couple weeks my car feels fantastic. Still gotta data log though.
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #35
Yazeed

Drives: Camaro 2LT / RS
Lightbulb Trifecta tune question

Im really new at this:Cry:
Will it void my warranty? Is there any tune I can install that wont void my warranty?
Thanks!
Yazeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:03 PM   #36
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Wuiquen....any updates for us?
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:51 PM   #37
jmontalvo

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazeed View Post
Im really new at this:Cry:
Will it void my warranty? Is there any tune I can install that wont void my warranty?
Thanks!
All tunes void warranty. Trifecta says their tune is undetectable. Realistically, you should tune back to stock every time you go get warranty work done at the dealer.

The V8 has a flash counter that'll show how many times a tune has been flashed whereas the V6 apparently doesn't have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
|Trifecta Tune|Custom Magnaflow Exhaust|Cold Air Inductions C.A.I.|BBK LTs w/ HFC|Anvil Rear Notch Glossy CF Spoiler|Body Color Heritage Grille|10 spoke polished ZL1 replica wheels|VMAX ported TB|RS Headlights|Night Owl RGB Halos
jmontalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:18 PM   #38
Wuiquen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Wuiquen....any updates for us?
Thanks for asking... sent a data log like two weeks ago.. no answer yet other than asking me if i have ported tb. HOWEVER, the car feels more responsive lately.. it feels that it gained some hp finally.. idk but i was very disappointed.. now i am starting to get the mod bug.. it makes my car drive good..

One thing i have to add is that i think i have a vacuum leak on my catch can. I received the plain fitting to change my valve but i havent had time yet.. i said this because my back always have speckles of black stuff but my tips are fairly clean.. like very few soot.. i might hit that tom...

Anyways, the accelaration keeps on going up and down on its own... i wonder if they did this to.prevent the car from stalling when idling???? I keep hearing people complains about GC stalling the car.. idk... because when.the GC is off the rpms are normal.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:02 AM   #39
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmontalvo View Post
All tunes void warranty. Trifecta says their tune is undetectable. Realistically, you should tune back to stock every time you go get warranty work done at the dealer.

The V8 has a flash counter that'll show how many times a tune has been flashed whereas the V6 apparently doesn't have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Only the LLT 2010-2011 don't have a flash counter. 2012 LFX does have a counter. The 2013 has a new ECM also which hasn't been said if it has a flash count as of yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuiquen View Post
Thanks for asking... sent a data log like two weeks ago.. no answer yet other than asking me if i have ported tb. HOWEVER, the car feels more responsive lately.. it feels that it gained some hp finally.. idk but i was very disappointed.. now i am starting to get the mod bug.. it makes my car drive good..

One thing i have to add is that i think i have a vacuum leak on my catch can. I received the plain fitting to change my valve but i havent had time yet.. i said this because my back always have speckles of black stuff but my tips are fairly clean.. like very few soot.. i might hit that tom...

Anyways, the accelaration keeps on going up and down on its own... i wonder if they did this to.prevent the car from stalling when idling???? I keep hearing people complains about GC stalling the car.. idk... because when.the GC is off the rpms are normal.
If you have had a leak in the can this could be you power lose cause and reason the car is acting funny at time. When the can is open, leaking, or full it kills performance. Also can result in the car not starting at time, always good to check these can on oil change days.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:57 PM   #40
Wuiquen

welll, Its not open or full as I just emptied it.. got quite a lot of oil but I think my one of my valve is not working properly.. either way.. it seems that the car is more responsive... but the rpms are still crazy at moments...
Old 03-06-2013, 12:07 AM   #41
kuzman89

Drives: Ly7
Hopefully I get my retune tomorrow, I had to re-submit logs twice for various reasons, approaching the 8 week mark :(
kuzman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:42 AM   #42
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzman89 View Post
Hopefully I get my retune tomorrow, I had to re-submit logs twice for various reasons, approaching the 8 week mark :(
He has done this to me also in the past 2 months. Guessing he waits the right kind of data so he can try and nail it first time go. He should be less busy after the last update to the software. Since we can turn off all the CEL's.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #43
etmx183

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS, 04 Turbo Busa
I feel your pain about the retune waiting, only response I've had is " I'll que it up for review" still waiting.
Like to know how folks say they get a response and retune in a few hours get it done so quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzman89 View Post
CAI intake, RX catch can, NYTREX Nitrous,RX Ported Throttle body, APEX air scoop & washer relocation kit,, BMR diff bushings, cradle bushings, driveshaft loop and tunnel brace, trailing arms, toe arms, Hurst Roll control, Flex-a-lite transmission cooler, SOLO HFCs, M/T 20" D/Rs, FTI 3400 stall converter, JacFab ported intake manifold and upper intake isolator (12/13) Solo cat back Mach X system (2/14), SS diff 3.91 gears (11/2013) Weld RT-S 17x10 & 17x5 (4/2014)
TUNING BY: HP Tuners /MATT@FSP
( 1.63 60' / 12.238@107.62 10/25/2013 )
Refusing to grow older, I just go faster.
etmx183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:59 PM   #44
Wuiquen

well got another answer today.. about the car accelerating by itslef when coasting.. they said it possible be the ported TB... but then if that was the case, I would think my car would have been doing the same prior to the tune which is not the case
Old 03-10-2013, 06:29 PM   #45
kuzman89

Drives: Ly7
Can't you revert to the stock tune and see if it does it? My first tune did that when it was in idle, had to be under load for it to subside. Until I got it retuned. Now it's running really lean so feels like it's really restrictive. Hopefully I get the tune back this week so I can finally find out what sort of power I'm making.
kuzman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:29 AM   #46
horizon670

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT / RS / Auto
I have a question for anyone who knows how to use this Trifecta EZ-Flash.

Before I install the tune on my car, I would like to safe my original stock tune in case I need to go back. How can I do that ?

Thanks
horizon670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #47
2011 RJT

Drives: 2011 RJT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon670 View Post
I have a question for anyone who knows how to use this Trifecta EZ-Flash.

Before I install the tune on my car, I would like to safe my original stock tune in case I need to go back. How can I do that ?

Thanks
The stock tune and custom tune are combined into one file. you no longer need to save the original tune. You will be presented options when installing,you would just select custom tune. to revert back,you would choose stock tune.
2011 RJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:00 PM   #48
horizon670

So there is no way to save the actual tune that is on my car right now ?

Don't want the Stock tune that was applied on all 2010 Camaro V6.
I want to have the exact tune my car has now on it with the adaptive TCM learning or any other stuff that was changed or updated...
horizon670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:23 PM   #49
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon670 View Post
So there is no way to save the actual tune that is on my car right now ?

Don't want the Stock tune that was applied on all 2010 Camaro V6.
I want to have the exact tune my car has now on it with the adaptive TCM learning or any other stuff that was changed or updated...
When you install a trifecta tune all new updates are included stock or custom. All cars get custom tuned as all cars don't run the same. Only thing that's the same would be the features like trans tune and select tune.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
Old 03-19-2013, 06:58 AM   #50
horizon670

cool, thanks
I'm waiting till I install my BBK LT Headers and see the performance gain then install the Trifecta Tune