Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 02:17 AM   #29
JohnnyBfromPeoria

 
JohnnyBfromPeoria's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,047
IPF tune, FTW. It makes a hE!! of a difference on my 1LS.

JMHO.

John B.
__________________
12 LS M6, IPF S/C, ASA GT-5 wheels, VMax PTB
1995 Mitsubishi Montero SR
1987 Dodge Raider Turbo Project
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:56 PM   #30
BNRacing
 
Drives: 2010 Cobalt SS, 1972 Nova
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 707
Did you send in a data log yet?
BNRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:02 PM   #31
Wuiquen


 
Wuiquen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NorCal
Posts: 3,034
No data log sent in yet.. works kept me busy.. i will do this soon.
__________________
Wuiquen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:03 PM   #32
Wuiquen


 
Wuiquen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NorCal
Posts: 3,034
Idk about refunds, i am hoping it gets better but today i drove the car and.it feels so weird and not as much power as before.. maybe i need some changes. Hope to send the data log soon...
__________________
Wuiquen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:18 PM   #33
BNRacing
 
Drives: 2010 Cobalt SS, 1972 Nova
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 707
If you send in a data log we can take a look and see whats up
BNRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:43 AM   #34
SixCyl
 
SixCyl's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 695
It definitely took my car like two week for it to feel good. I have an auto and it felt kinda weak right upon tuning but after a couple weeks my car feels fantastic. Still gotta data log though.
__________________
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #35
Yazeed
 
Drives: Camaro 2LT / RS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 105
Lightbulb Trifecta tune question

Im really new at this:Cry:
Will it void my warranty? Is there any tune I can install that wont void my warranty?
Thanks!
__________________
TEAM LLT !!
MRT V2.0
CAI
Yazeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:03 PM   #36
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 SS Camaro, 06 Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 12,427
Wuiquen....any updates for us?
__________________
2016 Camaro 1SS - 8-speed - NPP - Black bowties
2010 Camaro 1LT V6 (Sold. I will miss her!)
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #37
jmontalvo

 
jmontalvo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 2LS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pharr, TX
Posts: 1,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazeed View Post
Im really new at this:Cry:
Will it void my warranty? Is there any tune I can install that wont void my warranty?
Thanks!
All tunes void warranty. Trifecta says their tune is undetectable. Realistically, you should tune back to stock every time you go get warranty work done at the dealer.

The V8 has a flash counter that'll show how many times a tune has been flashed whereas the V6 apparently doesn't have one.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
__________________
|Trifecta Tune|Custom Magnaflow Exhaust|Cold Air Inductions C.A.I.|BBK LTs w/ HFC|Anvil Rear Notch Glossy CF Spoiler|Body Color Heritage Grille|10 spoke polished ZL1 replica wheels|VMAX ported TB|RS Headlights|Night Owl RGB Halos
jmontalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:18 PM   #38
Wuiquen


 
Wuiquen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NorCal
Posts: 3,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Wuiquen....any updates for us?
Thanks for asking... sent a data log like two weeks ago.. no answer yet other than asking me if i have ported tb. HOWEVER, the car feels more responsive lately.. it feels that it gained some hp finally.. idk but i was very disappointed.. now i am starting to get the mod bug.. it makes my car drive good..

One thing i have to add is that i think i have a vacuum leak on my catch can. I received the plain fitting to change my valve but i havent had time yet.. i said this because my back always have speckles of black stuff but my tips are fairly clean.. like very few soot.. i might hit that tom...

Anyways, the accelaration keeps on going up and down on its own... i wonder if they did this to.prevent the car from stalling when idling???? I keep hearing people complains about GC stalling the car.. idk... because when.the GC is off the rpms are normal.
__________________
Wuiquen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:02 AM   #39
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oxford, GA
Posts: 3,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmontalvo View Post
All tunes void warranty. Trifecta says their tune is undetectable. Realistically, you should tune back to stock every time you go get warranty work done at the dealer.

The V8 has a flash counter that'll show how many times a tune has been flashed whereas the V6 apparently doesn't have one.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Only the LLT 2010-2011 don't have a flash counter. 2012 LFX does have a counter. The 2013 has a new ECM also which hasn't been said if it has a flash count as of yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuiquen View Post
Thanks for asking... sent a data log like two weeks ago.. no answer yet other than asking me if i have ported tb. HOWEVER, the car feels more responsive lately.. it feels that it gained some hp finally.. idk but i was very disappointed.. now i am starting to get the mod bug.. it makes my car drive good..

One thing i have to add is that i think i have a vacuum leak on my catch can. I received the plain fitting to change my valve but i havent had time yet.. i said this because my back always have speckles of black stuff but my tips are fairly clean.. like very few soot.. i might hit that tom...

Anyways, the accelaration keeps on going up and down on its own... i wonder if they did this to.prevent the car from stalling when idling???? I keep hearing people complains about GC stalling the car.. idk... because when.the GC is off the rpms are normal.
If you have had a leak in the can this could be you power lose cause and reason the car is acting funny at time. When the can is open, leaking, or full it kills performance. Also can result in the car not starting at time, always good to check these can on oil change days.
__________________
Can't_C_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:57 PM   #40
Wuiquen


 
Wuiquen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NorCal
Posts: 3,034
welll, Its not open or full as I just emptied it.. got quite a lot of oil but I think my one of my valve is not working properly.. either way.. it seems that the car is more responsive... but the rpms are still crazy at moments...
__________________
Wuiquen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:07 AM   #41
kuzman89
 
kuzman89's Avatar
 
Drives: Ly7
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: bezza
Posts: 251
Hopefully I get my retune tomorrow, I had to re-submit logs twice for various reasons, approaching the 8 week mark :(
kuzman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:42 AM   #42
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oxford, GA
Posts: 3,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzman89 View Post
Hopefully I get my retune tomorrow, I had to re-submit logs twice for various reasons, approaching the 8 week mark :(
He has done this to me also in the past 2 months. Guessing he waits the right kind of data so he can try and nail it first time go. He should be less busy after the last update to the software. Since we can turn off all the CEL's.
__________________
Can't_C_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.