Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission Tune and diagnostics for engines and auto transmission.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:50 PM   #1
NDC123
The Machinist

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3 IBM silver rally
revert to low octane mode with a custom tune?

i have a tune from JRE and had to put low octane gas in my car the other day. If i have the custom tune, will it go to the low octane mode and need a reset?
American Racing Headers w/high-flow cats and x-pipe, Flowmaster American Thunder Axle-back mufflers, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI intake, ADM race scoop, RX Catch Can, PEDDERS Street Z package-ZL1 sways-XA Coilovers, PFADT trailing arms-toe rods, RPM 3:91 gears, RPM Stage V Trans, ADM diff bushings, tune by ADM, and still bustin' knuckles!
NDC123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:44 AM   #2
dcoates18481
WWW.TEXASMILE.NET

Drives: 2010 CAMARO RALLY YELLOW SS/RS/M6

Lethal Racing Night Fury Cam Kit, Melling oil pump, C5R Timing Chain, Dyno Tuned by Shawn@Lethal Racing, Vararam Tuned intake, Vararam Power Wedge, LSR Tri Ax Short throw Shifter, VMAX Ported T/B, TSP 2" L/T Headers, TSP Cat delete, Borla axle back exhaust, Innovate A/F monitor, 471.7 HP/438.8 TQ
dcoates18481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:05 AM   #3
05SilverStreak

Drives: Black aSS 2011 - L99
No, as I understand once the tune is in there it cant revert itself.
05SilverStreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:13 AM   #4
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDC123 View Post
i have a tune from JRE and had to put low octane gas in my car the other day. If i have the custom tune, will it go to the low octane mode and need a reset?
If you have the LS3 it will learn itself back. If Ted copied your high Octane spark table table to the Low then it wouldn't matter. However, that would seem odd since both tables are referenced by percentage. Of course copying the table like that that isn't best practice for anything other than a full track car and on a full track car no one should be running a mail order tune.

You'd really need to ask Ted what he does with those tables.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:30 AM   #5
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: EB Expedition, 2010 2SS/RS M6
Your low octane table should be intact for low octane gas. I asked Ted about that table when I got my tune. I doubt he changed your low octane table unless you requested it.
Nitrous Outlet Plate (progressive, fuel hose upgrade, remote opener, heater, filter, console switches), LNC2000, ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers, Jet Hot coated LTs, JRE SCT Tune, CAI, Scoop, Rx Catch Can, Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res, Metco loop, Momentum Tunnel Brace, TSW Nurb 18" 555 & 555R, Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods, Autometer wideband, Fesler Pillar Pod, LED strips (int), Lloyds floor & trunk mats, LED DRL/front turn & license plate, DRL harness, VLEDs tail lights, Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17 @ 112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:57 AM   #6
dcoates18481
WWW.TEXASMILE.NET

How about it.....CALLING TED!!!

Lethal Racing Night Fury Cam Kit, Melling oil pump, C5R Timing Chain, Dyno Tuned by Shawn@Lethal Racing, Vararam Tuned intake, Vararam Power Wedge, LSR Tri Ax Short throw Shifter, VMAX Ported T/B, TSP 2" L/T Headers, TSP Cat delete, Borla axle back exhaust, Innovate A/F monitor, 471.7 HP/438.8 TQ
Old 01-30-2013, 08:01 AM   #7
dcoates18481
WWW.TEXASMILE.NET

TORCO accelerator

Quote:

I have a can of Torco Accelerator for just in case of this happening, and to sweeten up the 93 just a touch just in case the pump gas isn't up to snuff.

Would like to know about the low/high table with the Jannetty tune also.

but i try to avoid anything under 91...learned my lesson on that one...can you say fuse pull!!!

Torco is great for this...and is unleaded!!!

Old 01-30-2013, 08:43 AM   #8
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Quote:
No it will not, just drive it as a commuter car and all will be fine.

Just don't race it on low octane fuel Performance will suffer.

Ted.
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:52 AM   #9
dcoates18481
WWW.TEXASMILE.NET

Teds the man!