Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2013, 09:59 PM   #69
David O
 
Drives: 78
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wrightsville
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
If only ford would supply one for a comparison...
I just find it little strange that whoever tested it, used a shorter track configuration (1.55 miles vs. 1.8 miles) then almost everone else used when testing vehicles at Streets of Willow Springs and then posted the results like they achieved something. It would have been easy enough to run the same configuration and had a good sample to compare the results. The Boss/LS has run there and the times have been published. How much more time would the 1LE have taken to run the extra 1,300 feet that the BOSS/LS ran. How much less time would the BOSS/LS use to run 1.55 miles instead of 1.8 miles.

Something tells me they did run the 1LE on the 1.8 mile circuit and they didn't like the results. I could be wrong.
David O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #70
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Z06?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,617
Keep grabbing you may catch a straw...
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:05 PM   #71
mikeyg36


 
mikeyg36's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533, 2016 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Garden City, NY/Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 6,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by David O View Post
I just find it little strange that whoever tested it, used a shorter track configuration (1.55 miles vs. 1.8 miles) then almost everone else used when testing vehicles at Streets of Willow Springs and then posted the results like they achieved something. It would have been easy enough to run the same configuration and had a good sample to compare the results. The Boss/LS has run there and the times have been published. How much more time would the 1LE have taken to run the extra 1,300 feet that the BOSS/LS ran. How much less time would the BOSS/LS use to run 1.55 miles instead of 1.8 miles.

Something tells me they did run the 1LE on the 1.8 mile circuit and they didn't like the results. I could be wrong.
Wrong. Willow Springs was never a 1.8, it was a typo on the website. It has always been 1.6, and every comparison they've done on that track has been 1.6. They cover it in this video. Welcome to the forum
__________________
“Driving a muscle car fast isn't that fun, it's driving one slowly and making a ton of noise and pissing people off, that's what’s fun.” –Matt Farah
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:06 PM   #72
David O
 
Drives: 78
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wrightsville
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
Lol, it does beat the boss...there is a reason ford was so determined to not offer up a Boss. I honestly believe the boss is dam close to the 1LE but Ford obviously doesnt want to show the world that an underpowered, overweight GM designed Camaro will edge it out for under $40k. One day we will Finally get a true comparison and the outcome will be close, for me not big enough difference to spend $6k more.

Oh,btw now that I have seen this video I cant get over not having one yet. I just might have to step up my schedule, but I feel I have to wait for the LS7 option....
The BOSS/LS has an established time at Streets of Willow Springs. It would have been easy enough for whoever tested the 1LE to use the 1.8 mile circuit and show without a doubt it would be quicker. They chose not to for some reason. Something tells me they did and didn't like the results.
David O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:26 PM   #73
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Z06?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
Wrong. Willow Springs was never a 1.8, it was a typo on the website. It has always been 1.6, and every comparison they've done on that track has been 1.6. They cover it in this video. Welcome to the forum
Nice find! David O the sweet spot of the video starts at 3:00 minutes.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:31 PM   #74
mikeyg36


 
mikeyg36's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533, 2016 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Garden City, NY/Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 6,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Nice find! David O the sweet spot of the video starts at 3:00 minutes.
I'm subbed to them on YouTube so I'm always up to date
__________________
“Driving a muscle car fast isn't that fun, it's driving one slowly and making a ton of noise and pissing people off, that's what’s fun.” –Matt Farah
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:33 PM   #75
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Z06?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
I'm subbed to them on YouTube so I'm always up to date
I think that may be the end of the argument...no more legs to stand on.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:51 PM   #76
Jayrcr3

 
Jayrcr3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chatham, Illinois
Posts: 757
I hear crickets chirping.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
__________________
American Racing 1 7/8" Headers and Hi-Flow Cats, CAI cold air intake, Flowmaster AT exhaust, Vengeance Racing Stage 2 cam, VMax ported throttle body, TEA valve springs and titanium retainers, Trick Flow hardened pushrods, 180* T-stat, Comp Trunion kit, ZL1 Fuel Pump, ADM Fuel Pump Control Module, 20% window tint, Whipple Supercharger. Tuned by Mike Norris Motorsports. 656rwhp/584rwtq @10 PSI.
Jayrcr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:56 PM   #77
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Z06?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrcr3 View Post
I hear crickets chirping.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
No, that's the sound of a Mustang owner quietly crying.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:17 PM   #78
Jc's1LE

 
Drives: 2015 SW 1LE BA NPP Recaros
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: lake mary FL
Posts: 879
^^^^^LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jc's1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:26 PM   #79
mikeyg36


 
mikeyg36's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533, 2016 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Garden City, NY/Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 6,694
Now they'll go talk about how the boss would kill it
__________________
“Driving a muscle car fast isn't that fun, it's driving one slowly and making a ton of noise and pissing people off, that's what’s fun.” –Matt Farah
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:33 PM   #80
David O
 
Drives: 78
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wrightsville
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Nice find! David O the sweet spot of the video starts at 3:00 minutes.
They need to call again. The track can be configured several different ways, anywhere from 11 to 19 turns. You need to look that up.





You must believe the 1LE ran only .8 slower around the same curcuit then a car that weighs 500#s less, has better suspension, better weight distribution, lower center of gravity, better wider tires and has 200 more horse power. That car would be the ZR1! Where do you get that kool-aid, I can't find it around here.
David O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:35 PM   #81
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Z06?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,617
Not if they're still referring to the "Streets" lap for the Boss LS he mentioned.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:37 PM   #82
David O
 
Drives: 78
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wrightsville
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
Now they'll go talk about how the boss would kill it
I didn't say the BOSS would kill it! I don't know which would be quicker. I think they need to be ran on the same track configuration and see which is quicker. I have said the 1LE should have crushed the Mustang GT with a Track Pack. It should have it was designed to compete against the BOSS/LS.
David O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:37 PM   #83
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Z06?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by David O View Post
They need to call again. The track can be configured several different ways, anywhere from 11 to 19 turns. You need to look that up.


You must believe the 1LE ran only .8 slower around the same curcuit then a car that weighs 500#s less, has better suspension, better weight distribution, lower center of gravity, better wider tires and has 200 more horse power. That car would be the ZR1! Where do you get that kool-aid, I can't find it around here.
No koolaid just different drivers.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:40 PM   #84
David O
 
Drives: 78
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wrightsville
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
No koolaid just different drivers.
That does have some to do with it! You have to get someone who is not biased. Again I would love to see them tested on the same curcuit! Less conjecture then.
David O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:45 PM   #85
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Z06?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by David O View Post
That does have some to do with it! You have to get someone who is not biased. Again I would love to see them tested on the same curcuit! Less conjecture then.
Yes I agree, however Ford said no (guess why). We do have the numbers for the 1LE, ZL1 & the GT500 on the same day and same track. (please see my post #67)
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.