Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 06-03-2017, 12:17 PM   #1
blewbyyou

Drives: Dusk SE
Ambient lighting

I'm haveing some issues with the door panal lights and want to know how to remove the plastic portion of the door panal or do i need to remove the entire door panal to access the light strip. It appears as most of the ligjt is coming out of the first 3 or 4 inches closes to the back seat. Any one have any input or suggestions.
blewbyyou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 01:07 PM   #2
13LTLoveIt

Drives: 2013 1.5 LT Convertible
Based on being in my BIL's 2SS a couple of times, I'd say just the insert.
13LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 01:54 PM   #3
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
You need to remove the entire door panel to access the ambient lighting.
Old 06-03-2017, 10:02 PM   #4
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewbyyou View Post
I'm haveing some issues with the door panal lights and want to know how to remove the plastic portion of the door panal or do i need to remove the entire door panal to access the light strip. It appears as most of the ligjt is coming out of the first 3 or 4 inches closes to the back seat. Any one have any input or suggestions.
The door panel needs to be removed to get to the lightube mounted on the back of the panel. Very easy. There is a small housing clipped on to the end of the lighttube which holds the LED in place. Is your dash dimmer control working properly? The light when turned up high should be fairly even all along up until a few inches from the dash. The lightube needs to be oriented correctly for most of the light to reflect through to the top clear edge of the trim panel. The small LEDs/housing is replaceable (one per lightube).
Here is Chevy instructions with diagrams on removing the door panel located in another thread (it is for changing trim color)
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65282

If you go slow and are careful it is easy to pop the panel assembly off without breaking fasteners. the only tricky part is the little metal clips that run along the top of the window opening groove at the seal. Also, when undoing the wire connectors good to have a helper hold the panel.
2014 2SS/RS, Z28 CAI and High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 5.1:1 Ratio Short-Throw Shifter, ZL1 Pedals, ZL1 splash guards, NPP Dual-mode quad tip exhaust, Z28 strut tower brace, Camaro LED Cup-holders with footwell Lighting option, Leather visors, and Leather E-brake boot. Chevy dealer sponsored 67 retro SS nose stripe package.

Last edited by ron123; 06-04-2017 at 03:42 PM.
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 07:10 PM   #5
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewbyyou View Post
There is only one LED on the door panel, so yes most of the light comes from the back of the panel and gradually fades to the dash.
Is this car new to you?
GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote