Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-20-2017, 11:43 AM   #1
apr_gen5

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Yeh!
Ohlins front coilover height adjustment

I just installed a Ohlins Road and Track coilover kit on a 2013 ZL1 and the front ride seems too high. From the ground to the fender lip the height is 705 mm. It should be 660mm according to another forum member's install. Moreno Brothers camber plates were used without the upper spacer provided with the Ohlins kit, which provided the lowest ride height. The spring pre-load was set according to the Ohlins manual; the 200mm spring was compressed to 198 mm to provide 2mm of pre-load. There are no other adjustments on the coilover. I drove the car around to settle the suspension before measuring. I cant see how to adjust the ride height without affecting the spring pre-load. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

Anthony
2013 ZL1
apr_gen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 08:33 PM   #2
Synner

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Camber also alters final height if this is pre-alignment.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 10:13 PM   #3
apr_gen5

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Yeh!
The front has about 3 degrees of negative camber. I think the problem is my expectaions and where i measured the ride height. I had pfadt lowering springs on it before. I dont remember the drop, but probably over an inch. It is only a half inch higher in the front and the same in the front.
apr_gen5 is offline   Reply With Quote