Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2013, 08:05 PM   #103
GMteSSted
000107, 000574 & 699059
 
GMteSSted's Avatar
 
Drives: 3 Pre-productions - Obsession!!
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
This version could simply be a drivetrain analysis mule...without the full ZEE suit of clothing...which BTW should include an extractor/RamAir composite hood.
It is just a mule....a 2010 CTF. The sticker in the lower driver's side windshield says so. I know.
GM will use the CTF fleet through out the life span of the 5th Gen test just about anything and test everything.

What they are testing is just speculation, unless someone was "told" something.
GMteSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:12 PM   #104
flyer08


 
flyer08's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mexico
Posts: 2,875
I like how camaro5 is watermarked lie thy had exclusive pics when there is already a watermark on them
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:19 PM   #105
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody
 
meissen's Avatar
 
Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2014 Camaro 1LT
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chesterfield Twp, MI
Posts: 2,553
Interesting
__________________
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb" - Cold Air Inductions CAI, VMAX Ported Throttle Body, MGW Short Throw Shifter
1994 Camaro LT1 A4 - "Red Alert" - v6-to-LT1 Swapped Cruiser; Cammed, Stalled, Enjoyed

meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:22 PM   #106
oklapike
 
oklapike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary SS Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northern California
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMteSSted View Post
It is just a mule....a 2010 CTF. The sticker in the lower driver's side windshield says so. I know.
GM will use the CTF fleet through out the life span of the 5th Gen test just about anything and test everything.

What they are testing is just speculation, unless someone was "told" something.
Which would also explain the rough cutout in the rear diffuser for the NPP exhaust. Left over from when they were testing the new 2013 options.
oklapike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:50 PM   #107
fbodfather


 
fbodfather's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaros................
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Grosse Pointe Farms, MI (suburban Detroit)
Posts: 4,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
no, no, no, fbodfather IS an alien.


I AM an alien - from Mars.



Did anyone ever hear of the words "GM performance Exhaust System?"


We DO test them before you can buy them.


Actually the yellow car is a V14 that we're going to offer in 2035 -- but please keep that between you and me, OK?
__________________
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:57 PM   #108
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Z06?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post


I AM an alien - from Mars.



Did anyone ever hear of the words "GM performance Exhaust System?"


We DO test them before you can buy them.


Actually the yellow car is a V14 that we're going to offer in 2035 -- but please keep that between you and me, OK?

OK this just got real!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:12 PM   #109
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 5,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post


I AM an alien - from Mars.



Did anyone ever hear of the words "GM performance Exhaust System?"


We DO test them before you can buy them.


Actually the yellow car is a V14 that we're going to offer in 2035 -- but please keep that between you and me, OK?
I don't buy it!
__________________
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:17 PM   #110
77rs
 
Drives: '13 SS/RS conv. RY
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Cape May County, N.J.
Posts: 521
The '13 polished wheels haven't been made since sept. '12. All camaros with polished wheels produced since sept. '12 have the '10-'12 wheels.
77rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:17 PM   #111
Bad@ssCamaro
Rogers' Rocks :-)
 
Bad@ssCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 5,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
First of all, nice internet tough guy stance. Congratulations on acting like a typical internet punk w/ an attitude toward my post for no discernible reason. No decorum at all, just attack people while assuming you know exactly what people are talking about. No warning shots, just all out war w/out declaring first. Is that how it works for you dude?

The point I was making are both the ZR1 & the ZL1 are the top of the food chain as far as each model goes. The SS and the SS w/ the 1LE Performance Package have the same engine but you can only get the 1LE w/ a manual, so what is your point? I don't even know why I'm bothering to clarify my post for you since you never bothered to clarify what I meant before attacking my comment publicly. Maybe you should think a bit before making crude & classless comments dude. Guys like you just kill me, I bet you wouldn't have the nerve to speak to someone in person the way that you word your posts on an anonymous internet forum.

I also never said that the ZL1 was faster than the ZR1, Cylde. I said the auto is faster than the manual. Read it again before you jump to conclusions and down someones throat. I said "Good points, but there also isn't an auto trans on the ZR1 Vette, yet the ZL1 has it (an automatic trans) and it's faster (than the manual)."

Did I specifically spell out which model was which? No, I didn't. I also didn't say ZR1 Corvette and ZL1 Camaro. I foolishly thought most adults would be able to civilly discuss cars they're passionate about on an enthusiast auto forum w/out someone, such as yourself, coming along trying to disect my comments, trying to make me look like a fool in the process, for whatever unknown reason. Silly me, I suppose I won't make the same mistake again. Good work Cylde, you showed me, didn't you?

Show some respect and some tact before posting that kinda garbage.... or at least learn to ask a question about what someone means before you post replies. I don't know you from Adam, and I don't think I want to know you. Please don't come near my home in Disneyland, you aren't welcome as it's the happiest place on earth, whereas you are the angriest person on the internet.
WOW!!!! Lighten up Francis I didn't see anything in Wildpaws post that was attacking you. You made some comments that said the ZL1 was faster, but you left it open for assumptions. He made a joke about it and you took it personally and then you proceeded to go on a tirade about lessons in communication? Before jumping to conclusions, maybe you should heed your own advice.
__________________
2015 CRT 1SS/1LE RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:19 PM   #112
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 26,349
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
For all we know there could be most anything under that hood from a LS7, a new LT Vett DI engine, a TT V6, or just a bunch of hampsters.
I like this theory....
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:25 PM   #113
mr_honez
Wifey Lover
 
mr_honez's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bastrop, Texas
Posts: 1,333
Fun to speculate- isn't it?
__________________
mr_honez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:26 PM   #114
wildpaws

 
wildpaws's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 Blazer
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
First of all, nice internet tough guy stance. Congratulations on acting like a typical internet punk w/ an attitude toward my post for no discernible reason. No decorum at all, just attack people while assuming you know exactly what people are talking about. No warning shots, just all out war w/out declaring first. Is that how it works for you dude?

The point I was making are both the ZR1 & the ZL1 are the top of the food chain as far as each model goes. The SS and the SS w/ the 1LE Performance Package have the same engine but you can only get the 1LE w/ a manual, so what is your point? I don't even know why I'm bothering to clarify my post for you since you never bothered to clarify what I meant before attacking my comment publicly. Maybe you should think a bit before making crude & classless comments dude. Guys like you just kill me, I bet you wouldn't have the nerve to speak to someone in person the way that you word your posts on an anonymous internet forum.

I also never said that the ZL1 was faster than the ZR1, Cylde. I said the auto is faster than the manual. Read it again before you jump to conclusions and down someones throat. I said "Good points, but there also isn't an auto trans on the ZR1 Vette, yet the ZL1 has it (an automatic trans) and it's faster (than the manual)."

Did I specifically spell out which model was which? No, I didn't. I also didn't say ZR1 Corvette and ZL1 Camaro. I foolishly thought most adults would be able to civilly discuss cars they're passionate about on an enthusiast auto forum w/out someone, such as yourself, coming along trying to disect my comments, trying to make me look like a fool in the process, for whatever unknown reason. Silly me, I suppose I won't make the same mistake again. Good work Cylde, you showed me, didn't you?

Show some respect and some tact before posting that kinda garbage.... or at least learn to ask a question about what someone means before you post replies. I don't know you from Adam, and I don't think I want to know you. Please don't come near my home in Disneyland, you aren't welcome as it's the happiest place on earth, whereas you are the angriest person on the internet.
I certainly had no intent to play "internet tough guy". And I certainly responded to exactly what you said as I even quoted you, I did not fabricate your original answer. All that said, perhaps you need to make your answers/explanations clear enough to reflect exactly what you mean rather than hoping everyone is a mind reader and knows what you really meant.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:44 PM   #115
stlrammer

 
stlrammer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS SGM
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Saint Louis, MO USA
Posts: 2,006
Could be my little ride with engine lift.
__________________
stlrammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:56 PM   #116
BrazenBeast
ZL1 #1745
 
BrazenBeast's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Pontiac GTO \ 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: PA/OH
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post


I AM an alien - from Mars.
Nice. I heard a weasel named Tom lives near there too.

I'm guessing if there is an LS7 camaro it will be released at the Chicago Auto Show. The C7 and new Silverado have both been released now. The ZL1 was introduced in Chicago. The media day is next Thursday. Interesting these photos were leaked exactly 1 week before the Chicago auto show.
__________________
2012 zl1 Black #1745 Black Wheels ECF Suede 6 spd

BrazenBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:04 PM   #117
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9
 
PYROLYSIS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Summerv1LE SC
Posts: 5,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Star View Post
There is no need...the ZL1 has beefier brakes, because it weighs 400 pounds more than the SS.
The 580HP/556lbs TQ might have something to do with it. I would spring for those brakes on a 1LE if the price is right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
OK this just got real!
Or less real, depending on how you read it. I would say we still have a good chance at an LS7 Z28 but I'm less optimistic about this car being one.
__________________
BRING BACK THE B4C POLICE CAMARO!
2002 V-6 5 speed rally red (current camaro) Also driven:1992 Z-28 305 auto Red w/ black stripes (anniversary), 2001 V-6 auto light pewter metallic,1991 RS V-6 auto Black
PYROLYSIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:11 PM   #118
solo40oz
 
solo40oz's Avatar
 
Drives: My wife crazy
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post


I AM an alien - from Mars.



Did anyone ever hear of the words "GM performance Exhaust System?"


We DO test them before you can buy them.


Actually the yellow car is a V14 that we're going to offer in 2035 -- but please keep that between you and me, OK?
Are you a yellow robot alien that transforms into a Camaro?
solo40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:06 PM   #119
ThaCamaroKid
 
ThaCamaroKid's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Royse City Tx.
Posts: 562
I want that grille..... Is interesting how it is a V6 front fascia with a mail slot, I am curious as to the grille though, I feel like that could be the give away. But I dont see why they would just now be putting the LS7 into the car for production... 6th gens will be here in what 2015? 2016 at the latest?
__________________

375RWHP/399RWTQ
ThaCamaroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.