Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:14 PM   #251
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVMY68SS View Post
What are you doing pouring it on you after you fill the tank? In all my years of pumping my own gas, yes, that's right, pumping my own, I've never reeked of gas from it. Oh, and another thing. I would prefer not to have my gas costs any higher by having to pay someone to pump my gas. Even if I had to have someone pump it by some stupid assanine law, I would stand there and watch every move this flunky made to make sure that gas didn't get anywhere it wasn't supposed to be. Like the paint. Or what about the attendant who isn't paying attention or is admiring the vehicle too much and dings the nozzle into your paint.

Nope, sorry, have to disagree with you here.........

And BTW, we had full service as well as self service here for years and people got tired of paying the higher pricer per gallon so they never went to those islands, the attendants just stood around, and that was that.......

I've never had a problem with a gas attendant damaging my car in my years driving.

And might I ask what gas is priced in your area? Might I remind you NJ has the lowest prices in the nation. That is WITH full service. I'll take my lower priced gas without the aggravation of pumping it myself thanks.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:22 PM   #252
TheMadHatter99
Kept the Faith

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
What's with all the hate in this thread? Why can't we all just be friends, united by our love of the Camaro?

Everyone needs to take a deep breath and chill.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:23 PM   #253
Killer CamAro

Drives: 06 cobalt ss, 1968 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
I've never had a problem with a gas attendant damaging my car in my years driving.

And might I ask what gas is priced in your area? Might I remind you NJ has the lowest prices in the nation. That is WITH full service. I'll take my lower priced gas without the aggravation of pumping it myself thanks.
Well i know where im movin now haha!!
Old 02-04-2008, 10:23 PM   #254
SoFlaZ

Drives: Nothing special :-(
When I first saw the Concept unveiled all I could say was DAMMMNNN that thing looks HOT. About 10 seconds later I said to myself that there is NO WAY the production model will ever look like that and knew that there would some changes. I have kept my mind 100% open and now seeing what the real changes are and see they are minuscule since in my opinion it is 95% identical to the concept I am still in love with this car. What I am really buying this car for is whats under the hood, but as of now we are clueless as to what size engines or hp numbers to expect.

If there is anything about the new Camaro that is not up to my liking when the time comes, I will simply look elsewhere for another high performing RWD coupe whether it be a Challenger, Mustang, G37, etc. I am not blind in liking the Camaro but, have a strong bond with this car because I have grown up in them and have never owned one myself.
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:49 PM   #255
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
If you honestly expected the production model to be a carbon copy of the concept you're mad. There has never been one concept car that has translated 100% to production. I noticed the changes, and for the most part I appreciate them. As far as the bumper, well I prefer my Camaro to survive small parking lot incidents that (God forbid) could happen. With the gas-cap, well I agree with Scott, I prefer a Camaro that doesn't explode in a crash (again God forbid). I'm still holding out hoping we still see a better looking gas cap in the new location, but time will tell. I don't expect to see some high dollar special appearance gas cap on a preproduction model that is used for testing. As far as mirrors go, well I'm darn happy we didn't get the mirrors out of the concept. I prefer to see behind me and to the side when I'm trying to change lanes and back up. You may not like the changes, but many of us see them and do like them. Personally, driving the concept would be more trouble than its worth. I'd take the far more practical production car any day.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:07 PM   #256
09'Z28
The "Mad Hamster"

Drives: '71 Camaro, '90 mx5, '71 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadHatter99 View Post
What's with all the hate in this thread? Why can't we all just be friends, united by our love of the Camaro?

Everyone needs to take a deep breath and chill.
as a man named Dragoneye once said "we're all Camaros here"

for those of you who don't get it Camaro means friend in this situation
Old 02-04-2008, 11:28 PM   #257
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09'Z28 View Post

I'm glad you pointed that out, because there might have been confusion with the other definition
Quote:
A vicious animal that eats mustangs

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:46 AM   #258
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbg View Post
I'll only go away when everyone on this site admits that there were changes that are somewhat significant.
Really... I say we can make you go away anytime we want.

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 03:46 AM   #259
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Geez I say we cut back every one's post count in this thread by about 30. That way I'm not losing my top 3 position because of not wanting to get involved in drama. sheesh.

It's pre-production, NOTHING IS FINAL YET. Don't pass judgements until the actual product is revealed. That way you aren't making an ass out of yourself.

QQ more.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:49 AM   #260
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Geez I say we cut back every one's post count in this thread by about 30. That way I'm not losing my top 3 position because of not wanting to get involved in drama. sheesh.

It's pre-production, NOTHING IS FINAL YET. Don't pass judgements until the actual product is revealed. That way you aren't making an ass out of yourself.

QQ more.

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 03:49 AM   #261
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
SBG:

It's going to be okay. You and I both know that GM could have done things differently. But, you and I have no control over that. I want nothing more than a perfect concept Camaro sitting in my driveway....yes, a carbon copy. We've heard tons of times that you could barely tell the difference. Well, you and I can. Then again, these pix aren't the best, it's usually of a white prototype, it's got camo on it, and it sure as hell isn't in high resolution in a studio. So.........that is jacking up the image that we KNOW.

I don't like some of the changes either. Can I call them bad decisions? I could...but I haven't a clue as to what the decisions were, their options, and why they chose this particular placement of reverse lights and gas cap location. Therefore, me saying GM made a bad decision really doesn't make sense. Maybe their other options for lights/gas cap really pushed the cost of the vehicle up too much? Maybe these were the best decisions they could make to make it work.

For example: Reverse lights?...don't have any on the concept...need'em on the production model. Where to put them. Obviously can't do it on the LP area. What other options are there? Seriously, where else can GM put them? Nowhere really...bumper, above exhaust tips, or integrated into the brake lights? Let's see...cut hole in bumper (recessed), add in lights/wires, and done...a few bucks later.

Above exhaust?...possible problems w/ not enough light getting through those vents, the heat from the exhuast melting plastic (which could all be fixed w/ a little engineering, development of new materials, etc....which = more money...not the route GM wants to go. Potential problem...not going to work w/out upping that cost too much.

Integrated into the brake lights (my personal fav idea)? GM would have to design a whole other light just for the Camaro. Takes time and money. That, too, will drive up the cost of the Camaro. (see...we're adding things up here). The bumper sounds most reasonable to keep costs down (main objective here).

I could go on about the gas cap and ask how it could explode simply because the location is on the top versus the side. Maybe it has to do w/ something INSIDE the trunk hitting it in an accident? I don't know. I'd like to, though.

Look. On one hand, we haven't seen the PRODUCTION model yet. It could change...not likely, but it could. And, once all that crap is off of it, we'll see it in a new light, in a different color, and we might see something a whole heck of a lot different. On the other hand, it could stay the same. If that's the case, I have one word for you...aftermarket. If I can find an aftermarket bumper to make it look identical to the concept, I just might go for that. If I can put the gas cap location back to the original place, I might do that too...depending on cost and all. Don't let two things the aftermarket can fix for you, keep you from getting into a car you LOVE. I'm not too happy w/ the changes either. But, it's like Scott said, they aren't sitting up there in some office thinking about ways to screw up the Camaro. There's a bunch of guys up there working together on this...taking in all the ideas they can, playing w/ those ideas, working out cost analysis/comparison, aesthetics, etc.

Let's just give it some time, give it a chance, and wait to see the real thing. I'm sure I'll be floored once it comes out. Oh...and I'm a diehard GM fan too. Make too many changes, don't add the options/engine I want, and I just might be looking for another car. I'm not going to buy something I don't like....that's the way I am....and how probably most people are. I have a good feeling it's going to be okay, though. Everything's gonna be allright, now!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:15 AM   #262
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbg View Post

So why such devotion to GM....
(Note photos below shows Dodge Challenger with show-car integrated smooth rear bumper for reference only. though not identical to concept, it is not radically different. Also below is Camaro concept vert rear bumper.)

(Note: based on the post after this one, the bumper everyone is seeing really is the final bumper. They also call it a tiny lip that is not noticeable?).

I agree with all the points you made. It is my opinion the bumper shown on the Camaro they are driving around and testing looks more like a typical commuter car bumper, then it did on the concept car. For reference, lots of people won't buy certain cars for very off-the-wall reasons. But to be fair, when the 1999 Mustang came out, I hated the new bumper in back. I did not like how it looked at the bottom. LATER the style grew on me, and I liked it and I got one. I suspect that would happen to me also with Camaro if we really are seeing the final bumper instead of the bumpers they have shown over and over and over at car shows and in the transformers movie and/or future movie therein. But what you said is right, TRUE BELIEVERS, will come to accept what the final design actually is and overall I expect everyone to be satisfied. Although once it goes on sale, if enough people complain, perhaps the bumper will change with the next facelift. (Who knows, maybe they are saving that bumper for later to make sure they can keep the car fresh.) The bumper shown on the challenger does not look at all like a commuter car. In fact it till be interesting if a V6 Dodge challenger still looks that good as what is shown below. That would be a bargain if the price is right. I think.)
Attached Images

Last edited by 2001ragtop; 02-05-2008 at 08:14 AM.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:49 AM   #263
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
So this little tiny flip out at the bottom of the fascia above the valance insert panel REALLY bothers you guys huh? We didn't like it either but I never dreamed in a thousand years that anyone in the real world would ever notice, let alone consider not buying the car for it. Again though, we didn't do it because of any kind of design decision... it was to make the car legal. Please keep in mind that there are many new crash standards that are coming into effect now that the old cars you guys are comparing it to don't meet in addition to GM's 5mph standard that European cars don't meet.

camero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:20 AM   #264
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
[QUOTE=camero;43548]So this little tiny flip out at the bottom of the fascia above the valance insert panel REALLY bothers you guys huh?.......

Why doesn't the corvette have that crease?

The following is just my opinion only:
This is all about the Camaro not being allowed to look as flashy as a Vette.
The camaro shown at car shows and in transformers was a show-stopper. If the final release looked like that, people would never even notice a vette parked next to you. I will not question why the rear bumper was changed. Just confirming that it definitely was.

and they would never make a bumper design change like that to a vette.
but for camaro, it is now proven that it is okay.
Attached Images

Last edited by 2001ragtop; 02-05-2008 at 09:12 AM.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:54 AM   #265
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camero View Post
So this little tiny flip out at the bottom of the fascia above the valance insert panel REALLY bothers you guys huh? We didn't like it either but I never dreamed in a thousand years that anyone in the real world would ever notice, let alone consider not buying the car for it. Again though, we didn't do it because of any kind of design decision... it was to make the car legal. Please keep in mind that there are many new crash standards that are coming into effect now that the old cars you guys are comparing it to don't meet in addition to GM's 5mph standard that European cars don't meet.

I'd like to reiterate that I honestly find the rear of the pre-pro model more attractive than the concepts.

If anything it looks even more mean.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:16 AM   #266
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
I've tried to stay out of this argument, but I have to make my comments...

sbg...you say all you want is for people to acknowledge the changes and not just be blindly devoted to the Camaro.

First...blindly devoted to the Camaro...I don't really see anything wrong with that....as soon as I heard that the Camaro was coming back, I told my wife I would be getting one...hadn't even seen it, but just knew I would love it...because I knew GM would bring back the spirit of the Camaro and that is really what most, if not all, of us love...(of course, price, style, etc would play a role in the final decision, but, I was right...GM brought back the spirit of the Camaro in a bad-ass way)

Second...you can go away now (you said you would).....if you read this whole thread (and numerous others on the site), I mean actually read them, not just scan titles, I think you'll find that more than once, by quite a few posters, the changes have been pointed out/critiqued/commented on/criticized/applauded, sometimes to the point of beating a dead Mustang (lol).

The point is, while you're out here in this thread bitchin' about people not acknowledging the changes, many other threads/posts have been doing just that. You don't like the changes. We get that. Some people do like the changes. Some people don't see the changes as really changing much of anything. As someone pointed out, a person had to be insane to think that the Concept was what would be put out in dealer showrooms. That never happens.

Anyway, I for one don't want you to go away....(I was just giving you a little crap about your post saying you would), stick around, enjoy the conversation, the camaraderierie. Just don't sit here and bash on the car, the company or the members of this site, just to be bashing.
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:23 AM   #267
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado View Post

the camaraderierie. .
Shouldn't that be spelled Camaroraderie?

Just joking....
that was a good post of yours.

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:43 AM   #268
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Drives: DANGEROUSLY
I have a couple questions for those "in-the-know".
1. Is the production model going to have the "double-bubble" or reverse mohawk roof?
2. Why was it decided to go down an inch in diameter with the wheels?
Eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:06 AM   #269
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09'Z28 View Post

I believe it acutally means friend or companion in French
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:07 AM   #270
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
I know when the Concept came out there was talk that the wheel size would be reduced on the production vehicle. I'm sure its a matter of cost. Bigger wheels and the tires to go with them certainly cost more. I certainly don't want to pay for 20+ inch wheels. 18 or so is all I want.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:39 AM   #271
TheMadHatter99
Kept the Faith

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Quote:
I'd like to reiterate that I honestly find the rear of the pre-pro model more attractive than the concepts.

Seconded
Old 02-05-2008, 11:58 AM   #272
'09-Z28

Drives: '03 Mazda 6s
Quote:

'09-Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:09 PM   #273
Georgianne

Drives: chevys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Lives On View Post
Ok I have one small question, and if it's been asked before then this can be disregarded. Does anyone have any idea if the vents at the bottom of the front bumper will be there at all? They really arent that big of a deal for me, i was just wondering, because non of the pics show that area. Could either fbodfather or camero shed some light on this.... if this info can be reveiled?
I asked Scott about this before-I really like the vents but because of crash safety, rust and one moe thing I can't remeber right now they are going to be closed. I wonder if you can put them in aftermarket?
Georgianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:14 PM   #274
sbg

Drives: Mustang
Which Preproduction Picture is Current?

Something else to point out:

The two pictures of the back end of the preproduction are NOT the same! Which one is more recent?!

You'll notice that the most recent pictures to surface with the camo show a rounded buldge on the back bumper. The preproduction back end picture without the camo issued by GM has a non-smooth bumper, but it's more flattened. I like the first one better. The outset on the camo is too rounded.
Attached Images

sbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:25 PM   #275
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
wow...closed "air" vents....super, duper cool. I don't know about ya'll, but I can't see how closed air vents will keep you "safer" in an accident. I'm not engineer, but that doesn't make sense to me. If someone hits you in front of the rear wheel, it's going to CRUMPLE no matter what.

I'll take the concept bumper any day over the pre-pro. And I agree, if they can do it with the vette (which looks absolutely gorgeous!!!), they sure as heck can do it w/ the production Camaro. I think it's a stretch to say they are mucking up the bumper to keep it from impeding on vette territory. But, it sure as hell doesn't look as good as the vettes or concepts. Again, still okay, as I'll end up searching for an aftermarket bumper.

SBG: I think the two bumpers are the same. I think it's the pix that mess it up. I mean, I see what you are saying w/ the larger ...bump?...in the bumper on the camo'd one. But, I bet if we had a better pic minus the camo, it'd probably be the same. I don't know why they would make two proto's w/ different bumpers.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote