Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:47 PM   #1
Minge

Drives: 2013 2SS
Bare minimum PDI by dealer

If the dealer would allow', I would drive my car off the transport and drive away. I want to ask my dealer to the bare minimum pdi as they can.

My question is what is a reasonable expectation in this regard? I don't want it washed, I certainly don't want the stupid front plate frame drilled on.

So what should I do to express my wishes and to whom should this be communicated to within the dealer.

Thanks for the input folks.
Minge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:45 PM   #2
ICTsccaCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS
Very doubtful they would let you drive it off the transport the transport driver is who takes all the cars off the trailer but everything else you want should be fine tell them to leave all the interior plastic covers on ect. and no wash but the tech will have to inspect the car and make sure all systems work and put a few miles on the car to complete the pdi process
Old 01-31-2013, 09:53 PM   #3
Minge

I was kidding about driving it off the transport. I just want to know what is reasonable to ask of the dealer. I do not want to be rude, I just would sooner take possession of my car as soon as possible with minimal dealer prep.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:02 PM   #4
Evil-Bee-NH
Back in Black

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2LS
Meet it at the railyard?

Roto-Fab CAI | Anzo Halo Projector Headlights | Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe | Cherry Bomb Glasspacks | 8" Kicker HideawaySub/Amp | Coverking Tactical Seat Covers | EmblemPros Black Onyx SS Bowtie & Badge Kit | Elite Oil Catch Can | Yellow T3 Stripes
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:07 PM   #5
oklapike

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary SS Coupe
When I ordered my car, I talked to my salesman and the sales manager both. I simply asked them straight up to not PDI the car, leave the plastic on, all that good stuff. It came off the transport and right into a delivery bay at the dealership, NBD. Then again, they do a sizable volume (on a regional level) in both Corvettes and Camaros, so I expect they get similar requests regularly.
oklapike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:00 AM   #6
SSm1le

Drives: Roxanne('13 2SS 1LE)
A lot of that you can talk to the salesperson for. I requested no front license plate, premium fuel only, and no dealer sticker on my car. They were more than fine with it.
SSm1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:26 AM   #7
guapo
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2013 Camaro LT2/RS, CRM
All you have to do is ask, if its pict you want ask them. if you want to keep all the original plastic just ask i dont think they will mind.
2013 LT2/RS, CRM, Blackwing CAI, SOLO Mach-X, Ported V-Max TB, Billet Grills, Defender Works Chrome DLR Bezels, LED DLR's, GM Strut Tower Brace, Chrome Engine Dress, CRM Quarter Flairs, AAC Ghosted LED Marker Lights (CRM)
guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:37 AM   #8
LuSe4

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
The dealer only has to do the new car prep. If you don't want them to remove any plastic and protective coverings they will do that. I am debating on doing that with mine for 2 reasons:

1. Won't give the wash rack kids time to scratch it with their dirty water and nasty wash mits.

2. It is fun as hell removing all of the shipping protection from a car, kind of like Christmas morning!

Some dealers may insist on sticking their dealership decal on the back, but it comes off easy enough.
LuSe4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:45 PM   #9
crsr1

Drives: Camaro
I waited while the PDI was done. Drove the car home with all plastic, stickers, etc. and washed myself!
2013 Silverado Z71
crsr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:56 PM   #10
Minge

That is what I intend to do as well. I want to take it home the day it comes in. I have an enclosed trailer to put it so it does not get full of salt and snow.

Should be built this week..countdown is on...can't wait
Old 02-07-2013, 11:40 AM   #11
United_727
Parts Guru Extraordinair.

Drives: '11 1LT/RS M6 CGM
When I ordered mine ,i told them that I wanted it delivered dirty-with no plate bracket installed . They were more than happy to comply and I assured them I would fill out the survey as if the car was perfectly cleaned. I just like to clean my car a certain way and wax it with my favorite wax .