Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Exterior Parts & Accessories

Exterior Parts & Accessories All exterior parts and accessories.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 02-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #51
babigguy

Drives: 2009 trailblazer ss and 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlietuna View Post
unbelievable....... ranting and whining about a vendor that supports this forum and brings something to market for our niche car that we can obviously use and some have the audacity to cry "its too much money" so are the hundreds of other mods that you can elect to do or elect not to do. I have never attempted to voice my discontent before as this is a forum for one and all. This was however bad form for those linking a dyi and others ranting about the price.
flame away girls....

If you think they are too much just don't buy them. We all bought 60k+ cars and accessories can be expensive and if that is what he wants to charge for his work then that is what he charges. He has great quality products and i'm sure this is the same!

Jannetty Racing 75hp no tune kit, xpel, showstoppers lights-sidemarkers-flaps, nitto 555r's, torco race fuel
babigguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #52
showstopper
Showstopper Accessories

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by babigguy View Post

If you think they are too much just don't buy them. We all bought 60k+ cars and accessories can be expensive and if that is what he wants to charge for his work then that is what he charges. He has great quality products and i'm sure this is the same!
Thanks guys. I appreciate your input. Yeah the material might be cheap to buy but it still takes time to make them. That's all i'm trying to get paid for.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:50 PM   #53
noxqq

Drives: '14 C7 Z51 RY & '12 ZL1 AGM
I really don't understand the public rant.

Showstopper has only tried to bring us products that enhance our cars. I have seen many of their products installed and the name Showstopper applies to all. I know that he has spent a great of time making sure that these will be functional while appearing like a factory product.

If the price is too high for some, then find your own solution...no need to flame.

Personally, I will wait for mine to be delivered from Showstoppers, have them installed in about 5 minutes and be ready to go.
noxqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:33 AM   #54
Oneslowz28
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 #1265
Quote:
Originally Posted by showstopper View Post
Thanks guys. I appreciate your input. Yeah the material might be cheap to buy but it still takes time to make them. That's all i'm trying to get paid for.

Nothing wrong with that. A lot of people do not understand why new parts are so expensive. The company needs to get their investment back. Once that happens then the price comes down. No one here can tell me that the Rot-Fab CAI cant be made for less than $100. It takes time, knowledge, research and testing. Last time i checked nobody works for free. If you do please develop an array of new go-fast look pretty parts for our cars and only charge us for material. I promise that you will be the most popular person on the forum here and many others since the word will travel fast.
Oneslowz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #55
Bad@ssCamaro
Ist State Chevy Supporter

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
In my opinion, you should reconsider your pricing as it could result in lower sales. The Factory rear quarter guards are available for a cost of approximately $60 shipped. I don't see how you can charge double that.
1976 LT Black/White 305 V8 (Bone Stock) except for Cragar chrome rims (yep - #2)
1985 Z-28 Black/Black 305 L69 M5(Bone Stock) I know: slow

Current Camaro:
CRT 1SS/1LE/RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
CAFE STANDARDS! Get used to them or vote our electeds in Washington out of office...........
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:11 AM   #56
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
In my opinion, you should reconsider your pricing as it could result in lower sales. The Factory rear quarter guards are available for a cost of approximately $60 shipped. I don't see how you can charge double that.
This.

I am sorry Showstoppers if it upsets you that people are saying the price is too high. As a seller of products I would recommend that you listen to your buyers. As was pointed out factory parts cost less and factory parts are almost always the most expensive options. If I was receiving this feed back I would look into cost, markup, or check sales volume and see if the product is viable to sell. To be honest at the price advertised I will not be buying and I really want these. It looks like many are feeling the same as me. With the number of 1LE and ZL1 with this wheel/tire combination I feel this product could be a good seller if the price point was right. (On 1LE you could do a double set for fronts and rears as an alternative to the $60 factory ZL1 rears.)

When I was involved in manufacturing... the cost of a flat plastic sheet with two holes cut in it should be less than 20 USD in low volume. The fact that this is a basic plastic anyone with a CNC Laser, waterjet or router could make these by the thousands cheaply. (A sign or trophy shop could even make these on their low end CNC laser / router.) There is no bends or cutting of a hard material like stainless steel. Adding packaging and a reasonable markup you should be able to sell all day long at 30 -40 bucks easy. ($20 parts + $5 packaging times 1.5 = $37.50 with 50% markup.) I sold electronics and we averaged 2 - 10 % markup but my guess is that you are getting more.

BTW To those that are attacking people that are not accepting of the price. Everyone has an opinion and an open forum is a place to share information and opinions. As long as people are polite and respectful to each other than what is the problem?

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
BlackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:30 AM   #57
piepouli

Drives: 04 gmc/ zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackinBlack View Post
This.

I am sorry Showstoppers if it upsets you that people are saying the price is too high. As a seller of products I would recommend that you listen to your buyers. As was pointed out factory parts cost less and factory parts are almost always the most expensive options. If I was receiving this feed back I would look into cost, markup, or check sales volume and see if the product is viable to sell. To be honest at the price advertised I will not be buying and I really want these. It looks like many are feeling the same as me. With the number of 1LE and ZL1 with this wheel/tire combination I feel this product could be a good seller if the price point was right. (On 1LE you could do a double set for fronts and rears as an alternative to the $60 factory ZL1 rears.)

When I was involved in manufacturing... the cost of a flat plastic sheet with two holes cut in it should be less than 20 USD in low volume. The fact that this is a basic plastic anyone with a CNC Laser, waterjet or router could make these by the thousands cheaply. (A sign or trophy shop could even make these on their low end CNC laser / router.) There is no bends or cutting of a hard material like stainless steel. Adding packaging and a reasonable markup you should be able to sell all day long at 30 -40 bucks easy. ($20 parts + $5 packaging times 1.5 = $37.50 with 50% markup.) I sold electronics and we averaged 2 - 10 % markup but my guess is that you are getting more.

BTW To those that are attacking people that are not accepting of the price. Everyone has an opinion and an open forum is a place to share information and opinions. As long as people are polite and respectful to each other than what is the problem?

piepouli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #58
Whos_Drivin
Ski-U-Mah

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1, '13 Silverado Z71
Do you all piss and moan about what movie theaters charge for candy or what bars charge for beer? Or do you just not buy it, or suck it up and know its their business decision? If he was looking for an opinion he would have posted a flippin survey. Get over it.
2012 ZL1 #1466
AGM, M6, CF Hood, Sunroof, Black Wheels
Whos_Drivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #59
babigguy

Well I have ordered them. Everyone complains that there are no options out there to protect there car from all the chips. Again I spent 60k on a car and want to protect it and still have it look good I will post pics when installed.

Jannetty Racing 75hp no tune kit, xpel, showstoppers lights-sidemarkers-flaps, nitto 555r's, torco race fuel
Old 02-03-2013, 01:13 PM   #60
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whos_Drivin View Post
Do you all piss and moan about what movie theaters charge for candy or what bars charge for beer? Or do you just not buy it, or suck it up and know its their business decision? If he was looking for an opinion he would have posted a flippin survey. Get over it.

That's not a good analogy since the prices of both of those recreational activities is priced in a similar range due to the competition of other theaters and or bars. To answer your question most of us seem to do research and then go to the theater or bar that has the best value and or enjoyment for the money. If not why even do it because you are still thinking about the money spent? So you have bought a set? It is a forum, you are going to have different opinions. The price is TOO HIGH! That point is not debatable, It just won't work at double the price. Did you pay twice the value of your car when it was new?
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:20 PM   #61
BeachBum

Drives: 2012 (ZL-1) #468
Quote:
Originally Posted by babigguy View Post
Well I have ordered them. Everyone complains that there are no options out there to protect there car from all the chips. Again I spent 60k on a car and want to protect it and still have it look good I will post pics when installed.
Babigguy - Let Us Know When You Get Your Front Flaps - No Question That They Make GREAT Products - How's The Fit And Installtion Of The Flaps? - "Thank's"
Old 02-03-2013, 02:24 PM   #62
Whos_Drivin
Ski-U-Mah

LOL...This whole car is recreational. All I'm saying is if you don't like the price do your research and buy the cheaper one. Quit whining about one vendors price. And yes, it is whining.
2012 ZL1 #1466
Old 02-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #63
babigguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBum View Post
Babigguy - Let Us Know When You Get Your Front Flaps - No Question That They Make GREAT Products - How's The Fit And Installtion Of The Flaps? - "Thank's"

I will!!!!!

Old 02-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #64
Supermaro585HP
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS
Holy shit!! Quit bitching about the price. We spend thousands of dollars in mods on our cars and you guys are to cheap to spend the money on these. I would spend double to keep my paint safe. If you don't ike the price don't get them. I will be getting mine next week.
Supermaro585HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #65
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Perhaps it would help if we could see pictures of the flaps before they're installed on the car?

Stupid question time, is this i set of 4? just fronts?
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #66
showstopper
Showstopper Accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
Perhaps it would help if we could see pictures of the flaps before they're installed on the car?

Stupid question time, is this i set of 4? just fronts?
I will have some pics off the car this week.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:25 AM   #67
ZL1LEGEND
ZL1 - The Legend Returns!

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
I took a sheet of Carbon fiber and made some for mine.
Attached Images

ZL1LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:03 AM   #68
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
LOL...This whole car is recreational. All I'm saying is if you don't like the price do your research and buy the cheaper one. Quit whining about one vendors price. And yes, it is whining.
To a business person it's called feedback.
1976 LT Black/White 305 V8 (Bone Stock) except for Cragar chrome rims (yep - #2)

Current Camaro:

Quote:
CAFE STANDARDS! Get used to them or vote our electeds in Washington out of office...........
Old 02-04-2013, 07:40 AM   #69
Whos_Drivin
Ski-U-Mah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
To a business person it's called feedback.
See my first post in this thread...do you give this same "feedback" to all businesses? Or just when you're online???
2012 ZL1 #1466
Old 02-04-2013, 08:27 PM   #70
showstopper
Showstopper Accessories

I had a few people pm me that the link was not working. Just wanted to let everyone know that we are good to go now.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:40 PM   #71
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1LEGEND View Post
Ummm. Sorry, I wouldn't admit that I made those. Or put them on my car. But so long as you like them
Old 02-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #72
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
See my first post in this thread...do you give this same "feedback" to all businesses? Or just when you're online???
If I'm not giving them my business, that's feedback. If I'm in a place of business and salesman approaches and we start to talk about a particular item and I might be interested in it and if I see a price I do not like, I most certainly will tell him/her. Whether they want to negotiate the price is up to them. If not, then they lost a potential sale. Enough people doing it will be feedback to them whether they overpriced the item in regards to maintaining enough interest in the product to be a viable option for the particular niche market. In this instance, anything over $30 a pair is overpriced. Walk into any Autoparts store and you won't find thin vinyl/plastic splash guards for much higher than that for any make and model.

Current Camaro:

Quote:
Old 02-05-2013, 12:32 PM   #73
Ricamaro

Drives: RocketZed Red13
I like 'value' - $125 for 2 pieces of readily available and easily modified plastic seems a bit steep.

I made mine for $10 before this thread started.

Realistically, the item should be priced between $30-50 - one would be paying for 'convenience' after all.

That being said - "Yeaaaa, Go Capitalism!" Charge and collect what the market will bear.

Being in business myself: 1 - $100 sale is far better than 10 - $10 sales.
Ricamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:09 PM   #74
Brownster

Drives: 1966 GTO Convertible/ZL1 Vert
Let the free market decide.
Brownster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:13 AM   #75
sspddmn

Drives: 2013 ZL1 / 1991 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1LEGEND View Post
Nice!!! Got any better pics of the guard on and off the car and maybe better pics for a few steps away?