Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 06-15-2009, 02:44 AM   #1
tommygun6644

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Cobalt LT
Bluetooth in my 2SS IBM is kind of screwed up...

Have it linked up with my LG Rumor, and it dials and everything like it is supposed to. Except I hear no dial tone or anything through the phone or car speaker. Any ideas?
tommygun6644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:06 AM   #2
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
defect!

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:25 AM   #3
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
could be the rumor, my sister, my coworker and i have all had bluetooth trouble with that phone. then i got my instinct and everything worked fine...
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:30 AM   #4
RyanSSaddict
oh no la migra

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
My iPhone works okay, but when you hit the talk button on the steering wheel you haft to know the number by heart, you can't just say the name, I don't know if that's just normal or what. Also the volume of the phone coming through the speakers in the car is not very good. I have it turned up all the way and you can still barely here it.
RyanSSaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:41 AM   #5
fad1

Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanSSaddict View Post
My iPhone works okay, but when you hit the talk button on the steering wheel you haft to know the number by heart, you can't just say the name, I don't know if that's just normal or what. Also the volume of the phone coming through the speakers in the car is not very good. I have it turned up all the way and you can still barely here it.
The reason maybe because the iPhone does not have a voice dialed feature in it. The new 3G S is supposed to have that. Yeah, I can say iPhone does kinda suck, but it decent. About other phones, I don't know
Old 06-15-2009, 05:31 AM   #6
Tonka

Drives: 2010 Cyber Gray 2SS Camaro
well in the car it self you can assign numbers to a specified name forgot how i did i might have to get back to you guys. but say it i want to call "jeff" ill push the talk button on the steering wheel and say call, then it will comeback to me saying call using what, and it will give you options, either onstar or your bluetooth connection so in my case blackberry. and then i can then tell it who i want to call and it will use the cars memory to dial the number from my phone. it nevers uses your phones voice dialing even though i have it it shouldn't matter as long as you store the numbers in your cars memory.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:34 AM   #7
Tonka

Drives: 2010 Cyber Gray 2SS Camaro
ehh to lazy to edit my first post, but i just remembered if you push your call button on the steering wheel it will then give you options i believe. the option your gonna want to say is "store" (i think) and that will give the options to store numbers with the nametag you desire. ill have to confirm everything when i get off from working my graveyard shift
Old 06-15-2009, 09:24 AM   #8
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
If you don't have any voice commands set up on your phone, then you can't use voice commands to make it dial for you...
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:15 AM   #9
electropop

Drives: GM Vehicles
you don't need to setup voice commands on your phone....there are two methods to dialing using a "name".

(1) Use stored name tags. This allows you to store a name tag to a number. So that when you say Call and the name of the stored name tag that number will be called. To do this follow these instructions:

1. Press the Push to Talk button
2. Your system will respond with a "Ready" message followed by a tone
3. Clearly say "Store"
4. Your system will respond with a "Store, number please" message followed by a tone
5. Clearly say the phone number you want to store
6. If the system recognizes the phone number, your system responds with an "Okay, storing" message and repeats back each digit
7. If your system doesn’t recognize the phone number, it responds with a "Store" message and repeats the number to store followed by "Please say yes or no"
8. Once the number has been stored, your system will prompt you for a name tag using the "Please say the name tag" message followed by a tone
9. Clearly say the name tag you want associated with the number
10. Your system responds with an "About to store <name tag>, does that sound okay?" message followed by a tone

(2) The second option is to use the voice pass-thru feature which allows you to access the voice commands on your phone (if the phone supports voice recognition) and use it to call a name as if you were using you phone. To use this feature:
1. Press the Push to Talk button
2. Your system will respond with a "Ready" message followed by a tone
3. Clearly say "Bluetooth"
4. Your system will respond with a "Bluetooth ready" message followed by a tone
5. Clearly say "Voice"
6. Your system will respond with an "Okay, accessing <phone name>" message
7. The phone’s normal prompt messages will go through its cycle according to its operating instructions
electropop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:17 AM   #10
electropop

Drives: GM Vehicles
for the LG Rumor, update your phone software to the latest revision and it should take care of your issue
electropop is offline   Reply With Quote