Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cam Motion
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 08-15-2015, 02:03 PM   #1
clashley1976

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS M6
'11 2LT RS M6 Summit White

For some reason, the garage app on the forum is cranky about letting me upload photos, so I guess I will keep them here instead.

This is my 2011 2LT RS M6, Summit White with silver rally and gill stripes, that I purchased in late June. While I didn't intend for it to be a daily driver, I've found it nearly impossible to walk past it in the driveway each morning.

I'm working on a list of some underhood mods, but ultimately intend to turn this into a display car for cruise-ins.

When I purchased, the vehicle already had window tinting, gill stripes, and Flowmaster axlebacks installed.

Stuff I've completed so far:
  • Pro-clip phone mount
  • Vitesse Throttle Controller
  • Cold Air Inductions intake
  • GM nickel-satin fuel door
Still on the list:
  • VMax ported throttle body
  • VMax intake isolator
  • Apex intake scoop and washer bottle relocate
  • Polished GM strut brace
  • Custom dual-stage footwell lights (dome/ambient)
  • Custom engine bay dress-up (custom paint for engine/fuse covers, polished billet accessories)
  • Custom headrest embroidery
  • MGP caliper covers
  • Other things I have not thought of yet
Attached Images

Journal: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=419992
2004 F150 XLT 5.4L auto

Last edited by clashley1976; 08-15-2015 at 03:15 PM.
clashley1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 08:04 AM   #2
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Cameron,
Love the look of the white with the silver stripes....There is something to be said for making it "your own"....

Congrats and welcome to the forum...

Kurt ABL99...
Old 08-16-2015, 09:13 PM   #3
clashley1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
Cameron,
Love the look of the white with the silver stripes....There is something to be said for making it "your own"....

Congrats and welcome to the forum...

Kurt ABL99...
Thanks! I'm having a ton of fun with it... although maybe not as much as my three-year-old son. He is fascinated by the "white car," and begs for joyrides whenever he suspects Dad will accommodate. It's not a hard task to convince me, lol. We went out for a ride Friday night, and I stopped to chat with some neighbors on the way home. He was very animated and excited to tell everybody about "his white car" and how much he loves the sunroof, and the vroom-vroom noise it makes. That's a little surprising for a kid who's a little on the autistic scale and usually not particularly social. It might sound simple, but it's really neat for me to be able to share my love of something with one of my kids.

Your 2SS is a beautiful machine! Really love that color. I see quite a few gen 5s in the neck of the wood, but usually in black, white, or red jewel. Have never seen an aqua blue in the wild. That is beyond sharp!
2004 F150 XLT 5.4L auto
Old 08-17-2015, 06:10 AM   #4
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by clashley1976 View Post
Thanks! I'm having a ton of fun with it... although maybe not as much as my three-year-old son. He is fascinated by the "white car," and begs for joyrides whenever he suspects Dad will accommodate. It's not a hard task to convince me, lol. We went out for a ride Friday night, and I stopped to chat with some neighbors on the way home. He was very animated and excited to tell everybody about "his white car" and how much he loves the sunroof, and the vroom-vroom noise it makes. That's a little surprising for a kid who's a little on the autistic scale and usually not particularly social. It might sound simple, but it's really neat for me to be able to share my love of something with one of my kids.

Your 2SS is a beautiful machine! Really love that color. I see quite a few gen 5s in the neck of the wood, but usually in black, white, or red jewel. Have never seen an aqua blue in the wild. That is beyond sharp!
Cameron,
What you are doing with your son is beyond cool! It warms the heart for sure. You and your son have the same relationship that my Grandson Jackson and I have. He claimed the 2010 at two years old...and it still stands today at 7!....If you happen to look through our thread, I am sure it will remind you of the memories you are creating for him....Bless you and your family!...

Thanks so much for the kind words for "Rare Blu"...

Kurt ABL99...
Old 08-17-2015, 06:50 PM   #5
clashley1976

This is Danny-man on his way to daycare this morning, cheerfully riding along in the backseat with his hair blowing around in the wind and making engine-rev noises. We've gotta work on his down-shift, though. It sounds suspiciously like gears grinding, lol. Dad might miss a shift once in awhile, but he doesn't grind the gearbox!
Attached Images

2004 F150 XLT 5.4L auto
Old 08-18-2015, 02:00 AM   #6
gorysaye

Drives: camaro
well,Your 2SS is a beautiful machine! Really love that color. I see quite a few gen 5s in the neck of the wood, but usually in black, white, or red jewel. Have never seen an aqua blue in the wild.
gorysaye is offline   Reply With Quote