Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Chevy Camaro vs... Comparison of Chevy Camaro versus its competition. *NO STREET RACING STORIES*

Old 06-15-2009, 01:22 PM   #1
ndnsith

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
DB9 or Vantage........

Driving down the street, minding my own business, and this european geek pulls along side me in a Aston Martin (DB9 or Vantage)..... he revs his engine, and it sounds like crap, like his exhaust is falling off.... anyways, he keeps begging to race, reving that british crap!!! we hit a red light, and i have had enough!!!!! we race at the green light, and the Camaro pulls ahead by 1/2 to a full car length until i hit 80-90mph and let up and he flies by me. he flips me off and turns at the next intersection!!! LOL

My SS is just stock right now, cannot wait to add performance upgrades!!!!!
ndnsith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:24 PM   #2
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
hahaha nice! Yeah with some upgrades you'll be burning most cars out there.
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:25 PM   #3
TomServo

Drives: 2007 Z06
and this proved what?
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:28 PM   #4
ndnsith

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Restores my faith in American Muscle vs Euro......... the Camaro looks better and can hang with most cars out there..........
ndnsith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:38 PM   #5
ponycrusher21

Drives: the passenger seat
if you waxed him off the line it was a vantage...

probably..

Ponycrusher 21
ponycrusher21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:46 PM   #6
1320junkie
Account Suspended

Drives: The Imperial Army
He didnt know how to drive it..lol
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:47 PM   #7
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Drives: 97 c1500/92 olds
the SS is faster to 60 than the vantage and is the same as the DB9, on paper atleast

www.astonmartin.com/
Gentry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:35 PM   #8
chrisgalles
TEXAS FIGHT!

Drives: Awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndnsith View Post
Restores my faith in American Muscle vs Euro......... the Camaro looks better and can hang with most cars out there..........
I will agree with part of that statement... But the Aston Martin is a fantasy car. The Aston Martin DBS (from the bond film) is probably the sexiest car I have ever seen...was a fan of it b4 the movie even came out. If someone tells me you can have 1 car, no matter what the cost.... I'd pick the DBS over anything else out there.
chrisgalles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:39 PM   #9
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
I'd probably pick the 2010 Lamborghini Murcielago if I had one pick to choose from..
Old 06-15-2009, 02:57 PM   #10
KoTToN

Drives: 2005 SilveradoSS AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
I'd probably pick the 2010 Lamborghini Murcielago if I had one pick to choose from..
100% agree
KoTToN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:26 PM   #11
bballplaya210

Drives: 2002 Honda S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgalles View Post
I will agree with part of that statement... But the Aston Martin is a fantasy car. The Aston Martin DBS (from the bond film) is probably the sexiest car I have ever seen...was a fan of it b4 the movie even came out. If someone tells me you can have 1 car, no matter what the cost.... I'd pick the DBS over anything else out there.
Same here. The DBS is a work of art and the best looking car I've ever seen.
bballplaya210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:33 PM   #12
chrisgalles
TEXAS FIGHT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
And that would be my 2nd choice... and i'll take it in bright ass orange
Old 06-15-2009, 03:36 PM   #13
ihc95

Drives: BMW 335i E92
Whoa whoa. You cannot call an Aston Martin crap. I dont care what Aston Martin it is, you just cant call it crap. Also, neither the DB9 nor V8 vantage sound like crap (actually i think the V8 Vantage is one of the best sounding cars in the world ). BTW a new V8 vantage does 0-60 in 4.0 sec (well according to a motortrend article right next to me) so im not suprised he smoked you.
ihc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:35 PM   #14
Xanthos
Almost-Original Postwhore

Drives: Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihc95 View Post
Whoa whoa. You cannot call an Aston Martin crap. I dont care what Aston Martin it is, you just cant call it crap. Also, neither the DB9 nor V8 vantage sound like crap (actually i think the V8 Vantage is one of the best sounding cars in the world ). BTW a new V8 vantage does 0-60 in 4.0 sec (well according to a motortrend article right next to me) so im not suprised he smoked you.
You seem to have missed the part where the Aston Martin was behind until the camaro driver let of the gas. Obviously the AM passed the camaro at that point, because the AM driver probably still had his foot on the gas.

I'm a big DB9 fan, but if I could only pick one car it would be a camaro (not necessarily a new one, but a camaro. Maybe a 71 split bumper.). A dream car is one thing - this car has such a powerful emotional attachment that I wouldn't pick anything else as a daily driver.
- Xanthos
Old 06-15-2009, 04:43 PM   #15
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihc95 View Post
the camaro won btw
Old 06-15-2009, 05:27 PM   #16
edbrick

Drives: 2009 GXP -2007 MustangGT--Wife
The Aston Martin is like other Brit cars such as Land Rover. Its the marriage of the over priced and unreliable.
edbrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:16 PM   #17
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
First off, this story smells like feces

Second, the only Aston you'd beat with a stock SS is a Vantage 6 speed with a bad driver.
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:31 AM   #18
sabrescamaro

Drives: TB SS and temporarily 2LTRS VR
Astons really don't impress me. Maybe their price tag gives me a little bit too high of expectations, but my friend just got a DB9, and I only got to ride in it, but I wasn't impressed.
sabrescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:39 AM   #19
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescamaro View Post
Astons really don't impress me. Maybe their price tag gives me a little bit too high of expectations, but my friend just got a DB9, and I only got to ride in it, but I wasn't impressed.
Not a bash on you but you an Aston isnt like a Ferrari which anyone off the street could enjoy, its more like a fine wine which is refined and enjoyed most by those who have acquired the taste for such.

"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:28 AM   #20
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post
Not a bash on you but you an Aston isnt like a Ferrari which anyone off the street could enjoy, its more like a fine wine which is refined and enjoyed most by those who have acquired the taste for such.

ha we agree !!!!(for once) i would take a db9 over a camaro !! for like the first month theni would sell it, and get a cts, tahoe, camaro, and a z06 07
Old 06-16-2009, 08:43 AM   #21
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN

Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
We already know the Camaro is fast. Exotics are exotic because they are both rare and unique in style. Power has little or nothing to do with it. Aston Martin makes very nice cars, and we can keep up with this one in a Camaro.

I'm not impressed. You classlessly engaged in a street race which could have endangered civilians who had no role in this exercise. We don't know who else was on the road or what the speed limit was, but I can guarantee that 90 mph was high for any street with stop lights. Never do anything that stupid again.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:46 AM   #22
InventoryGuy

Drives: Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
and this proved what?
his opponent didn't knwo how to drive. that is all it proves.
InventoryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:50 AM   #23
InventoryGuy

Drives: Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescamaro View Post
sounds like bs to me. I know of a DB9 and to call it unimpressive is just a flat lie. Believe it or not you don't have to talk bad about another sports car to make yours sound good.............
InventoryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:06 AM   #24
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
There is a person in my area who has a DBS.

Very impressive car.

IMO, comparing it to the Camaro........nothing against either car, but they're not targeted towards the same demographics.

Both are respectable cars in their own right.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 04:47 PM   #25
chrisgalles
TEXAS FIGHT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
There is a person in my area who has a DBS.

Very impressive car.

IMO, comparing it to the Camaro........nothing against either car, but they're not targeted towards the same demographics.

Both are respectable cars in their own right.