Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #1
etmx183

 
etmx183's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS, 04 Turbo Busa
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 1,285
HP tuners software for LFX tuning?

I see BETA versions of this software has anybody used this and how do you like it? I have talked to Ted at Jannetty Racing and we may do this. We just need to try and communicate with the software for a remote tuning capabilities. I know I will need to go to Ted first to dyno tune than remote fine tuning from that point. We just don't know how/if the remote tuning will do yet is my understanding.
__________________
CAI intake, RX catch can, Nitrous Outlet Plate system, RX Ported Throttle body, APEX air scoop, SOLO HFCs, JacFab ported intake manifold and upper intake isolator, Solo cat back Mach X system, SS diff 3.91 gears, Weld RT-S 17x10 & 17x5 W/M&H DRs.
TUNING BY: HP Tuners /MATT@FSP
( 1.63 60' / 12.03@115.69 11/14/2014 ) N/A best = 13.839@100.12 6/19/2015
** New for 2015 ** 1 piece driveshaft and New Stall convertor by: CIRCLE D
** Maybe one more item before FEST if all goes well!! **
etmx183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:24 AM   #2
Matt @ FSP
 
Matt @ FSP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 2,616
I have HPTuners, have been with them since their start basically back in ~2004/05. Great guys to deal with!!!

Anyways, yes I have tuned LFX with the HPTuners software and it worked out well. They had done some updates also for me at the same time. Just a BIG hint with the LFX (Even the 12+ V8), on any tuning, increasing the engine Torque Management little by little (By logging predicted/actual engine tq and etc source) is the way to increase power huge on these. From the factory they are not going WOT at certain conditions, even though your right foot is commanding it!

- Matt
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #3
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 10,384
I'd love to know if the Bosch in the LLT does something similar. Of course learning much about the Bosch seems to be a pain.
__________________
CAR IS SOLD! Waiting on 6th gen IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #4
KalCorp
Space Coast Camaros
 
KalCorp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro Vert
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Palm Bay , FL
Posts: 1,134
Need more LLT love :-(
KalCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #5
Tampa Tuning


 
Tampa Tuning's Avatar
 
Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 3,054
Ive been using HP Tuners BETA without issue. I update it about once a month. Yes you can calibrate 2012-2013 V6 Camaros, but not earlier models.

Its a very powerful program, but you have to invest in a wideband to use it or any calibration platform correctly. Without a wideband, your just guessing and hoping you hit your numbers.

Phil
www.TampaTuning.com
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:35 PM   #6
Skylane765
Splitter washers, jack pd

 
Skylane765's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 Z/28, Challenger Hellcat, C7ZO6
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,960
I have the HP tuners pro and a LM2 wide band, remember you will need a wide and and controller to do tuning right. I have not tuned my ZL1 yet, may use JRE tune if I do any more mods.
You will not be using the HP for Teds tune, it will be done with his handheld unit to flash your ECM.

HP is to do your own tune and Teds will not work with it. I wish it would.
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:49 PM   #7
Ryne @ CMS

 
Ryne @ CMS's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 Camaro 1LE, 06 C6 z06, 07 Dmax
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Murrieta, CA
Posts: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylane765 View Post
I have the HP tuners pro and a LM2 wide band, remember you will need a wide and and controller to do tuning right. I have not tuned my ZL1 yet, may use JRE tune if I do any more mods.
You will not be using the HP for Teds tune, it will be done with his handheld unit to flash your ECM.

HP is to do your own tune and Teds will not work with it. I wish it would.
we can work with you on your HP tune for your ZL1
__________________
Ryne Cunningham
Cunningham Motorsports
Specializing In Late Model LSX Performance.
www.Cunningham-Motorsports.com
Please do not PM me, please email our shop for any
info.
Ryne @ CMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:55 AM   #8
Flavorwrench
 
Flavorwrench's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 67 RS-SS TwinTurbo
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Washington State
Posts: 129
Always find out the name of the pilot, just to be safe.
Flavorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 08:29 AM   #9
Skilerb
 
Skilerb's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT RS
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Kokomo, IN
Posts: 38
I just got the HP Tuner Pro Version, and a AeroForce gauge and wideband O2 sensor. I would be very appreciative of anyone with experience with this program and helping me tune my 2013 Camaro with the LFX engine.
Skilerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 10:22 AM   #10
bleavens1962
 
Drives: 2014 1LS Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Tampa Fl
Posts: 141
HP Tuners

Matt @ FSP did my tune at his shop, 2014 1LS. Very happy with results and performance
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Dyno Sheet.pdf (143.9 KB, 63 views)
bleavens1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 01:58 PM   #11
rickwelch69
 
rickwelch69's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LS
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: phoenix, az
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleavens1962 View Post
Matt @ FSP did my tune at his shop, 2014 1LS. Very happy with results and performance
did the throttle lag lessen with the tune?
rickwelch69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 02:13 PM   #12
bleavens1962
 
Drives: 2014 1LS Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Tampa Fl
Posts: 141
HP Tune

Here is the catch, I had a Vmax TB, CAI intake, Vitesse Throttle Controller installed before the tune. I feel the tune improved the throttle response a little, but not as much as the VTC itself. The throttle response of the car now , is far superior to what it was stock.
bleavens1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 02:19 PM   #13
rickwelch69
 
rickwelch69's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LS
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: phoenix, az
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleavens1962 View Post
Here is the catch, I had a Vmax TB, CAI intake, Vitesse Throttle Controller installed before the tune. I feel the tune improved the throttle response a little, but not as much as the VTC itself. The throttle response of the car now , is far superior to what it was stock.
i have also Vmax TB and CAI intake, have been thinking about a tune (IPF shop is 20 miles away) not sure yet only 15K on car. Course i'm also torn between how inexpensive the VTC is so even if I did not like the result it would not be a big loss
rickwelch69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 02:32 PM   #14
bleavens1962
 
Drives: 2014 1LS Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Tampa Fl
Posts: 141
HP Tuners

Get the VTC, you will not be disappointed, excellent mod for the price.
I keep mine at SP9
bleavens1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 02:37 PM   #15
rickwelch69
 
rickwelch69's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LS
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: phoenix, az
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleavens1962 View Post
Get the VTC, you will not be disappointed, excellent mod for the price.
I keep mine at SP9
may hafta pull that trigger
rickwelch69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 06:06 PM   #16
Tampa Tuning


 
Tampa Tuning's Avatar
 
Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 3,054
LFX tuner in Tampa Orlando Bradenton.

Unlike the V8s, on the V6 I can recalibrate the mapping of the throttle response table. Im also able to fully open the throttle blade on WOT.

Last edited by Tampa Tuning; 02-11-2015 at 08:59 PM.
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 08:51 PM   #17
Skilerb
 
Skilerb's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT RS
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Kokomo, IN
Posts: 38
I would like to take a minute to thank a few people who have been very helpful and kind to me. DynoSteve. You really woke me up to what I am getting into with the HP Tuner. And what I would still need to but. You have kept me grounded yet believing that with hard work I can learn this and become good. Phil at Tampa Tune. The conversation we had today kl installed in me that with the right guidance and dedication I can learn this and become good at it. I learned a lot of those 30-40 minutes. Thank you so much. And to Dyno Tune Motorsports I deeply appreciate your understanding of my situation and your dedication to get me the right info. Gigantic help. I can only hope that one day I too can help you guys out. Thanks again. And people go to these guys got your needs. They are all fantastic.
Skilerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 09:56 PM   #18
gutterball

 
gutterball's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LS M6 Supercharged
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Britain, Ct
Posts: 859
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
I have an LLT that's Supercharged that was tuned by J&M Motorsports with HP tuner
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 08:03 AM   #19
JantzenOKC

 
JantzenOKC's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma
Posts: 1,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP View Post
I have HPTuners, have been with them since their start basically back in ~2004/05. Great guys to deal with!!!

Anyways, yes I have tuned LFX with the HPTuners software and it worked out well. They had done some updates also for me at the same time. Just a BIG hint with the LFX (Even the 12+ V8), on any tuning, increasing the engine Torque Management little by little (By logging predicted/actual engine tq and etc source) is the way to increase power huge on these. From the factory they are not going WOT at certain conditions, even though your right foot is commanding it!

- Matt
My car was tuned with HP Tuners after putting my twin turbos on, a canned tune, not dyno tuned. Everything seems good car runs good except I can't brake stall the car at all even after holding the tc button down for 8secs and turning all nannies off. I could power brake and load up the engine just fine with the stock tune. Gonna be hard to leave the line hard at the track this way.

I dug up this thread of GretchenGotGrowl's where you and rhino79 from GPI talk about the Iissue starting on post #28.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=274704&page=2

My other issue is startup.. it doesn't always fire right up like it did stock. Sometimes it tries and then keeps cranking and then finally starts up. Not every time but at least half the time, do you think any of the throttle table adjustments could affect startup? Pretty much makes my remote start useless...

I wonder if the throttle tables/torque management settings are causing one or both of my issues...
__________________
3.6L Twin Turbo V6
Fabberge turbo setup -- 93 octane tune -- AEM Boost Controller -- Tial Q Blow off Valve -- SS Brembo brakes w/ SS master cylinder and Goodridge stainless steel brake lines -- ZL1 sway bars -- Pfadt 1.25" lowering springs -- Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe and muffler delete with quad tips -- MightyMouse Solutions catch can
12.180 @ 119.44

Last edited by JantzenOKC; 02-12-2015 at 08:19 AM.
JantzenOKC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 05:22 PM   #20
Tampa Tuning


 
Tampa Tuning's Avatar
 
Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 3,054
Who tuned it. They should be able to make corrections

Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
My car was tuned with HP Tuners after putting my twin turbos on, a canned tune, not dyno tuned. Everything seems good car runs good except I can't brake stall the car at all even after holding the tc button down for 8secs and turning all nannies off. I could power brake and load up the engine just fine with the stock tune. Gonna be hard to leave the line hard at the track this way.

I dug up this thread of GretchenGotGrowl's where you and rhino79 from GPI talk about the Iissue starting on post #28.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=274704&page=2

My other issue is startup.. it doesn't always fire right up like it did stock. Sometimes it tries and then keeps cranking and then finally starts up. Not every time but at least half the time, do you think any of the throttle table adjustments could affect startup? Pretty much makes my remote start useless...

I wonder if the throttle tables/torque management settings are causing one or both of my issues...
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:07 AM   #21
JantzenOKC

 
JantzenOKC's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma
Posts: 1,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Tuning View Post
Who tuned it. They should be able to make corrections
It's the Fabberge canned tune, they tweaked it to raise my idle a little and cut fuel on decell which fixed the stalling issue I had coming to a stop every once in a while while car was downshifting. I sent them data logs of me trying to launch and they are looking into it. Hopefully we can figure it out this way. Everything else seems great with the tune.

Just thought I would try to get some more info on the subject.. it seems other tuners have had trouble with launching the lfx. I'm just hoping we can get it figured out soon because the first test and tune of the season starts this weekend.
__________________
3.6L Twin Turbo V6
Fabberge turbo setup -- 93 octane tune -- AEM Boost Controller -- Tial Q Blow off Valve -- SS Brembo brakes w/ SS master cylinder and Goodridge stainless steel brake lines -- ZL1 sway bars -- Pfadt 1.25" lowering springs -- Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe and muffler delete with quad tips -- MightyMouse Solutions catch can
12.180 @ 119.44
JantzenOKC is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.