Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Chevy Camaro vs... Comparison of Chevy Camaro versus its competition. *NO STREET RACING STORIES*

Old 02-08-2013, 06:53 PM   #1
Dissociation

Drives: Cyber Grey 2010 2LT RS Camaro
2010 v6 camaro vs Mazda speed 6

Any ideas about this, I actually mistook my friends car because it had been a while since I've seen it, he's a mediocre driver and has no special upgrades or parts

I have a Cold air intake, an Ice o lator, and a muffler delete.

What do you all think about the outcome?
Dissociation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #2
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Hrrmm....mazda speed 6? I have to look this up lol.
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #3
KMPrenger

OK...so upon some quick reading, I'm seeing a 2007 in car and driver magazine running a mid 5 0 - 60 and 14 flat 1/4 mile.

I say drivers race, but he may have the advantage if he can launch it. He would likely pull on you from a roll.
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
Old 02-08-2013, 07:47 PM   #4
08-G35s/6MT

Drives: racecars
Actually I pull on my friend's speed6 from a roll in v6 accord, from a stop he can launch it like a wrx.
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:51 PM   #5
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Stock vs stock, the v6 accord will pull the v6 camaro. Well the 2010-2011. Have yet to encounter a 2012 at the track.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:52 PM   #6
08-G35s/6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Stock vs stock, the v6 accord will pull the v6 camaro. Well the 2010-2011. Have yet to encounter a 2012 at the track.
Well true, speed6 traps 97-99ish mph stock
Old 02-09-2013, 03:15 AM   #7
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
Well true, speed6 traps 97-99ish mph stock
Pretty much what the camaro traps so it should be a good race

Old 02-09-2013, 04:11 AM   #8
sspolo

Drives: None at the moment :'(
I would expect the Camaro to beat most of these other V6 cars! I really hope that the next gen V6 has the same or more HP but lighter so it can beat a lot more cars.

P.S: I mean no disrespect, some people get offended by comments such as the one I just made, but if you look at my profile, I don't even have a car. I just really wish the V6 Camaro could pull better numbers.
sspolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:43 AM   #9
Khmero215

Drives: Victory Red 2SS
People swear by these Mazda speeds
Khmero215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:21 AM   #10
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspolo View Post
I would expect the Camaro to beat most of these other V6 cars! I really hope that the next gen V6 has the same or more HP but lighter so it can beat a lot more cars.

P.S: I mean no disrespect, some people get offended by comments such as the one I just made, but if you look at my profile, I don't even have a car. I just really wish the V6 Camaro could pull better numbers.
Its the weight...always has been. Overall, the LFX is pretty much the best N/A V6 engine there is in a car that costs less than 40K. But the car weighs a good 300 or more lbs than it should. If it weren't for that, these these cars would be cable of high 13s in the quarter, and our bolt on modded cars would be capable of running low 13s in decent conditions.

Hell, look at the Mustang V6. Engine is no more powerful, but there are a couple guys who has gotten that thing into the very high 12s with just regular bolt ons, and tires/skinnies. (and I think possibly some 3.73 gears)
Old 02-09-2013, 03:19 PM   #11
sspolo

Drives: None at the moment :'(
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Its the weight...always has been. Overall, the LFX is pretty much the best N/A V6 engine there is in a car that costs less than 40K. But the car weighs a good 300 or more lbs than it should. If it weren't for that, these these cars would be cable of high 13s in the quarter, and our bolt on modded cars would be capable of running low 13s in decent conditions.

Hell, look at the Mustang V6. Engine is no more powerful, but there are a couple guys who has gotten that thing into the very high 12s with just regular bolt ons, and tires/skinnies. (and I think possibly some 3.73 gears)
Yea the only other engine that amazes me its the Hyundai, although that's around 8k more than the Camaro LS. The LFX is good, but its the damn weight! That weight messes with both the V8 and V6 Camaro. Either way, IMO, the Camaro beats any Mazda in the looks department.
sspolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:25 PM   #12
KMPrenger

True about the Hyundai....that is another very strong running V6. As for Nissan, the 370Z has high HP, but lower TQ than the LFX.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:30 PM   #13
08-G35s/6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
True about the Hyundai....that is another very strong running V6. As for Nissan, the 370Z has high HP, but lower TQ than the LFX.
The VQ has lower peak torque, but a much broader torque curve then the LFX. I drove an LFX for a month, LFX is definitely more of a top end motor then VQ. Speaking for the VQ37 and VQ35hr.

LFX doesn't have the mid range shove in your seat feel of a VQ35HR or VQ37, it's a top end motor like Honda's J series.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #14
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT
Quote:
My buddy has a manual V6 Accord coupe with the HPD package. And he has never beat my car stock for stock. He gets a better launch then me in first. After that it's nothing but rearview mirror. And he is a excellent driver.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:16 PM   #15
08-G35s/6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
My buddy has a manual V6 Accord coupe with the HPD package. And he has never beat my car stock for stock. He gets a better launch then me in first. After that it's nothing but rearview mirror. And he is a excellent driver.
I am racing my V6 accord against C5 member MagnumForceGB tomorrow at the dragstrip, we are both bringing gopro's. He has full bolt ons and tune...
Old 02-09-2013, 11:24 PM   #16
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
I am racing my V6 accord against C5 member MagnumForceGB tomorrow at the dragstrip, we are both bringing gopro's. He has full bolt ons and tune...
Just seen your page on it. Looking forward to the results. Hope the wind and rain doesn't mess things up.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:52 AM   #17
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
My friend has an auto LLT and at the track, on 3 different occasions he got beat on the top end pretty badly. The accord trapped 101 consistently while my buddy trapped 94 every time. He has an Airaid and Flowmaster Exhaust and the Accord was stock.

Old 02-10-2013, 01:55 AM   #18
08-G35s/6MT

Quote:
My friend has an auto LLT and at the track, on 3 different occasions he got beat on the top end pretty badly. The accord trapped 101 consistently while my buddy trapped 94 every time. He has an Airaid and Flowmaster Exhaust and the Accord was stock.
+1 Accord V6 manual's hit their stride past the 1/8 mile when they hit 3rd gear.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #19
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspolo View Post

Keep in mind that while we aren't the fastest stock, besides the Mustang we have the best aftermarket support around. 3 years in and we have a car that is deep into the 11s and might break 10s without being gutted! We have a lot of FI kits and mods.
I used to have a Maxima, which is about the same as an Accord when it comes to aftermarket support. We didn't even have one legit turbo kit 10 years into the generation's life cycle. Less than a 1/5 of the aftermarket parts available to our V6s as well, maybe even less.
FWD also sucks to drive in comparison to RWD. RWD is so much smoother, predictable, the list goes on. A stock V6 with the RS package right off the showroom floor handles better than any Accord, Maxima or any FWD sedan could ever hope to.
The other v6 cars in the price range of our V6s that beat us, get trumped in every other performance category. It is very similar to the ZL1 and GT500 comparisons. Except in this situation the GT500 is a FWD Sedan, further weakening the desirability.
Not trying to trash FWD V6 cars, just saying that all they can really hold over your head is slightly faster stockish/bolt on 1/4 times and 4 doors, maybe MPG too.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #20
WHAMMO

Drives: LS2 Fbody
Mazdaspeed should win, but hes mediocre driver..Draw?