Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hurst Shifters
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 05-23-2013, 02:11 PM   #51
Sharp-ZL1
MSG,Retired US. ARMY

Drives: 2012 ZL1, 2011 XC 90, and XC70
Got them from Yates Performance. Here is the site.
Thank you for all the Congrats.

http://www.yatesperformance.com/camaro.html?cat=220
2012 Camaro ZL1 #151, GCN, Dyno results 701 RWHP
Mods; 2.55 Pulley, CAI, LG Cam Package Ti Springs and 9G2X Cam, RX Can, KDI Heat exchanger, Hurst shifter, Orcale Ghosted marker lights, Kooks Long tube headers with Cats deletes and Tuned by Kraftwerks, Pedders 1 inch lowering Springs, Front and rear sway bars, Rear cradle bushing, BMR Trailing arms and toe rods.

Lambo door kit waiting to be installed.
Sharp-ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:14 AM   #52
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: RED DEMON!
Congratulations on COTW!
Old 05-24-2013, 01:25 PM   #53
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Congrats on a "2 weeker" COTW-----

Kurt ABL99...
Old 05-24-2013, 04:54 PM   #54
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
Congrats on a "2 weeker" COTW-----

Kurt ABL99...
Haha, I noticed that. Thought it was an accident.

Nice car!
Old 05-26-2013, 09:12 AM   #55
RSKUSTOMZ
RSKUSTOMZ

Drives: 2010 Camaro T-top RS
congratulations
Old 06-17-2013, 05:36 AM   #56
Sharp-ZL1
MSG,Retired US. ARMY

Installed My Kooks today. Broke O2 Sensor

So I had everything ready to go. Go to the Craft shop so that I could install my Headers and Spark plug wire covers.

I removed the Engine cover and Spark plug wires and Dip stick.

Lifted the car and removed the belly pan, O2 Wires then Disconnected the home made cat deletes.

Lowered the car and removed the bolts on the Manifolds and Nuts for the pipes from them.

Lifted the car and removed the Pipes. Removed three of the four O2 sensors easily. The last of course broke because it was so tight I think from my tuner making cat deletes.

Added the extra wire that was supplied to lengthen the O2 wires.

Slid the headers up on both sides place the Gasket in then bolted them in.

Lowered the car and bolted everything up from the top. Replace the plug wires and installed the heat protection for the wires.

Raised the car and install the cats that came with the Kooks just to be legal. I will probably order cat deletes from Kooks because I like the sound. Installed all the O2 sensors except the one that broke. Removed the rubber boot on the steering knuckle since it was touching the header. Cut the belly pan.

Now I need the Part number for the upper (front Right) O2 sensor so that I can order it. They wanted 200 dollars here in German. Not paying that for it.

Here are the pic of the start and completed work.
Attached Images

Mods; 2.55 Pulley, CAI, LG Cam Package Ti Springs and 9G2X Cam, RX Can, KDI Heat exchanger, Hurst shifter, Orcale Ghosted marker lights, Kooks Long tube headers with Cats deletes and Tuned by Kraftwerks, Pedders 1 inch lowering Springs, Front and rear sway bars, Rear cradle bushing, BMR Trailing arms and toe rods.

Old 06-17-2013, 05:38 AM   #57
Sharp-ZL1
MSG,Retired US. ARMY

Next up in lowering springs from PEDDERS. Ordered just waiting on them to ship out. Back ordered.

Looking at ordering a Sway bar Package and Rear subframe bushings.

Might have to save a few $$$$$ first.

Old 06-25-2013, 01:47 PM   #58
Sharp-ZL1
MSG,Retired US. ARMY

Finally got around to installing my headers that have been here since December. It took me five hours that included one hour messing with a 02 sensor that didn't want to come out. It finally snapped so I had to place plug in until I could get a new sensor. So I drove her home and parked it. The sensor is now installed and I drove it the other day with Kooks Cats. Didn't like the sound and I felt like I lost some power since I didn't have cats on before I installed the headers. So I order the off road pipes and installed them and by the seat of the pants the power and sound is back. No smells are present at this time. Since I had it tuned before with out the cat on it. I don't get CEL yet. I want to get it tuned now with the Long tube Headers and of course and dyno run to see if I increased anything.
Attached Images

Old 06-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #59
Sharp-ZL1
MSG,Retired US. ARMY

So today I decide to finally install my Read paint Bowtie. Thanks to the wife for sticking on there for me. She has the steady hands.

Now waiting no the Pedders lowering spring and trying to figure out away to get the Sway bars shipped without paying 220 dollars in shipping.
Attached Images

Old 11-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #60
Sharp-ZL1
MSG,Retired US. ARMY

Finally got around to installing the Pedders 1 inch lowering springs and rear sway bar. Still have to install the Front sway bar and Rear bushings.

I was able to remove the rear springs without having to completely drop the subframe. It was not easy. The wiring was a little hard to deal with but we made with no light afterward.

Front was easy.

Rides great.
Attached Images