Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 02-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #1
Dtyler228

Drives: 2010 LS3
New to the forums, looking for advice on catback exhaust

New to the forums and was looking for advice on what your thoughts are on a borla atak catback exhaust? I bought my 2010 camaro ss (LS3) last summer and this would be my first mod done to the car. Was looking for some input on how this may compare to others, I was looking for an exhaust that'll stand out with the loud muscle sound. Any input is appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave
Dtyler228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:20 PM   #2
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, '96 Z28
Sounds aggressive. I like it personally. Great quality and fit too.

Popular on this forum.

GL!
Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:05 PM   #3
SPCBA
Blake

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
atak is great with stock cats and manifolds. really aggressive. i think it gets obnoxiously loud with headers if thats a route you plan to go later something to think about.
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:08 PM   #4
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtyler228 View Post
New to the forums and was looking for advice on what your thoughts are on a borla atak catback exhaust? I bought my 2010 camaro ss (LS3) last summer and this would be my first mod done to the car. Was looking for some input on how this may compare to others, I was looking for an exhaust that'll stand out with the loud muscle sound. Any input is appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave
The ATAK is loud but I would not necessarily describe it as a deep muscle car tone. If you want that then I would suggest the Stainless Works Retro Chambered cat back. It is my personal favorite and one of our best sellers.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:23 PM   #5
Gibby'SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
I agree with Chase. And I purchased the exhaust through Apex!

The Stainless Works Retro Chambered Cat back sounds great to me. My wife on the other hand believes it is a little loud. The system should fit without any problems on your coupe. I have some fitment issues (exhaust hits on unibody braces for convertible) but that should not be a problem for you.

I also listened to the LG Motorsports system and it sounds great as well.

Take your time. Research each system. Listen to clips. Find some local members and meet up to listen to their systems. Good luck with your search!
[COLOR="Blue"]CAI Intake, Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers and full exhaust, Vmax Ported Throttle Body, TFS Gen X 255 heads, custom VVT cam by Pat Guerra, RX Catch Can, Pedderized suspension, ghosted side markers, Technostalgia tail lights, Big Worm spears, Forgestar f14 in gunmetal, Nitto Invo 275/315

455HP/422TQ.
Gibby'SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:29 PM   #6
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby'SS View Post
I agree with Chase. And I purchased the exhaust through Apex!
Thank you for your order.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:31 PM   #7
swizlstik

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
Quote:
Thanks,
Dave
First post too!! Welcome to Camaro5!!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:00 PM   #8
Dtyler228

Thanks everyone, I do like the sound of that Stainless Works one you posted. I think that's gonna be the one!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:47 PM   #9
Lil' Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: Supercharged V6
Wow I would totally get the SW if i had a LS3 :o
Old 02-12-2013, 01:18 PM   #10
JDP Tyler

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Thanks,
Dave
Welcome to Camaro5! I personally don't care for the sound of the ATAK. IMO, its just not how a muscle car should sound.. I prefer Magnaflow catback systems. They have many options depending on how loud you want the car and what kind of tone you want. They all sound great, but it all comes down to your preference and what you plan to do with the car down the road.

Please feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions or pricing. We are always happy to help!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

Click HERE to send me a PM | Sales@jdpmotorsports.com | www.jdpmotorsports.com | JDP Facebook | 888.308.6007
JDP Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #11
byrosol
Thunderclap

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IBM (LS3)
Magnaflow catback, 16580 check that one out, not too loud, it has a deep tone.
byrosol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #12
swoff32

Drives: 2012 camaro 2ss/rs
i recently bought a 3'' borla "s"type(140348) exhaust from a fellow memeber on here, its not the 2.5'', its the full 3'' system, and i must say, its not loud, but if your looking for a cat back that is super super deep, get that. i dont find it that loud, but it just sounds awesome cause its so deep. i havent heard it with headers, but ill be doing that later down the road.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:25 PM   #13
Dtyler228

So I think I'm going with the 3" Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback. I'm debating about getting the SW headers when I get this too and getting it all outta the way at once. Anyone have any experience with this? Is it something thats going to be obnoxiously loud, to the point where I'll be getting pulled over for it? I'm looking to make it sound as mean as possible, but I'd hate to put all the money into it and be forced to sell it and go back to stock bc of tickets.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:29 PM   #14
SPCBA
Blake

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Quote:
So I think I'm going with the 3" Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback. I'm debating about getting the SW headers when I get this too and getting it all outta the way at once. Anyone have any experience with this? Is it something thats going to be obnoxiously loud, to the point where I'll be getting pulled over for it? I'm looking to make it sound as mean as possible, but I'd hate to put all the money into it and be forced to sell it and go back to stock bc of tickets.
do it!!!
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:55 PM   #15
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
It is definitely an aggressive set up but not one that is inappropriate for the street. Here is another video of a customer's car with the 1 7/8 headers with high flow cats and the Retro Chambered cat back. It has become very popular lately.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:07 PM   #16
Dtyler228

You sold me APEX CHASE!
Old 02-13-2013, 10:40 PM   #17
Tantalizer43

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Stainless Works should have named this exhaust "the SNARS kit", because it is Sex Nuts And Retard Strong!!!!
Old 02-14-2013, 07:50 AM   #18
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
You sold me APEX CHASE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalizer43 View Post
Stainless Works should have named this exhaust "the SNARS kit", because it is Sex Nuts And Retard Strong!!!!

Dtyler228, Tantalizer43's car is the grey one in the first video I posted and he is getting ready to install the headers along with it.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:52 PM   #19
Bcarr

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Convertible
Just ordered this exhaust from Chase myself. Awesome customer service!

After hearing this I am looking forward to headers and high flow cats in the future!
Bcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:08 PM   #20
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr View Post
Just ordered this exhaust from Chase myself. Awesome customer service!

After hearing this I am looking forward to headers and high flow cats in the future!
Thank you for your order.