Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-15-2013, 09:30 AM   #1
Camaro_Custom_Painted
Choke on that causality!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Aftermarket Fuel Door Question

Does anyone know if this fuel door is solid metal? And are the bolts on the face actually loose or part of the door itself? I'm asking as I would like to have it black chromed and the chrome shop is asking me this. I don't want to purchase one until I know if I the shop can do the work.
Attached Images

Edelbrock EForce - Stainless Works Headers - BMR Sways & Arms & Toe Links & Control Arm Bushings & End Links - Rotofab CAI - Assorted Interior, Exterior, Underhood Bling - Red Jewel Stripes & Full Body Clear - Lexani LX15 Wheels - JRE Fuel Rail Upgrade - Kenne Bell BAP - Heartthrob XPipe - Elite Catch Can - Pedders Cradle & Front Arm Bushings - Hotchkis Strut Brace - MSD Wires - Carbotech Brakes - DSS 1000HP Axles & Driveshaft - Mickey Thompson Tires - Halo Harness - AutoMeter A/F, Boost, Fuel Pressure Gauges - Whats Next?
Camaro_Custom_Painted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:33 AM   #2
Colt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS Victory Red
Yes the fuel door is metal, and the bolts aren't real, they are just there for looks.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:14 PM   #3
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
I have this door to and got tired of the factory finish and removed it. Thanking about painting it. Post pics of the black chrome please.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:32 PM   #4
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
i got this door too. waste of money.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:46 AM   #5
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
i got this door too. waste of money.
I have that door and like it. I think it looks good on my black car with dark grey/silver/chrome accents. The little chrome bolts are real and screw out of you want.
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:03 AM   #6
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
I got this one. Painted it white with black lettering. Looks great
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:30 AM   #7
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkdreads View Post
I got this one. Painted it white with black lettering. Looks great
That fuel door painted body color looks real good. Makes me want to pull the trigger on mine even more.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:17 PM   #8
Camaro_Custom_Painted
Choke on that causality!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMickey View Post
I have this door to and got tired of the factory finish and removed it. Thanking about painting it. Post pics of the black chrome please.
If I can get it done I sure will.
Edelbrock EForce - Stainless Works Headers - BMR Sways & Arms & Toe Links & Control Arm Bushings & End Links - Rotofab CAI - Assorted Interior, Exterior, Underhood Bling - Red Jewel Stripes & Full Body Clear - Lexani LX15 Wheels - JRE Fuel Rail Upgrade - Kenne Bell BAP - Heartthrob XPipe - Elite Catch Can - Pedders Cradle & Front Arm Bushings - Hotchkis Strut Brace - MSD Wires - Carbotech Brakes - DSS 1000HP Axles & Driveshaft - Mickey Thompson Tires - Halo Harness - AutoMeter A/F, Boost, Fuel Pressure Gauges - Whats Next?
Camaro_Custom_Painted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:03 PM   #9
RJT-SS

Drives: '11 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Custom_Painted View Post
Does anyone know if this fuel door is solid metal? And are the bolts on the face actually loose or part of the door itself? I'm asking as I would like to have it black chromed and the chrome shop is asking me this. I don't want to purchase one until I know if I the shop can do the work.
I installed this one today. It is not black chrome but just wanted to offer another style/type. This is solid aluminum with the horizontal lines and SS logo milled out to the natural aluminum.
Attached Images

RJT-SS is offline   Reply With Quote